Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2015, 06:30 AM   #946
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rupert, any chance you can leave me those lenses in your will? I promise to shoot lots of squirrels with them.

Last edited by normhead; 05-14-2015 at 10:49 AM.
05-14-2015, 06:33 AM   #947
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Within the next few weeks I am going to buy a new long lens, either the newest Sigma 150-500 HSM IS....if I can find one...or the Pentax.
And of course you may want to check with Mrs. Rupert about that purchase!!
Also: is Otis willing to pose in front of such big glass ?

JP
05-14-2015, 06:49 AM   #948
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Rupert, any chance you can leave me those lenses indoor will? I promise to shoot lots of squirrels with them.
Not likely Norm...but maybe I will leave you something in my will....I'm 70 and won't be around forever. My Mom is 88 and in great health, so you probably won't have to wait more than another 20 years!

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
And of course you may want to check with Mrs. Rupert about that purchase!!
Also: is Otis willing to pose in front of such big glass ?
Check with Mrs Rupert before I rob her brokerage account? Not hardly! She thinks those big withdrawals are "adviser fees". The day I discovered her password was one of the luckiest days of my life! ...of course, if I ever get caught, it will be a short life.....but it will make old Norm happy!

Otis loves big glass, it makes him feel even more important...if that is even possible! He refuses to pose for my Toy Cameras, saying they are for "losers".......which is why he says I own them!

Regards!
05-14-2015, 07:09 AM   #949
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Not likely Norm...but maybe I will leave you something in my will....I'm 70 and won't be around forever. My Mom is 88 and in great health, so you probably won't have to wait more than another 20 years!

Check with Mrs Rupert before I rob her brokerage account? Not hardly! She thinks those big withdrawals are "adviser fees". The day I discovered her password was one of the luckiest days of my life! ...of course, if I ever get caught, it will be a short life.....but it will make old Norm happy!

Otis loves big glass, it makes him feel even more important...if that is even possible! He refuses to pose for my Toy Cameras, saying they are for "losers".......which is why he says I own them!

Regards!
Superb replies, guys !!

JP

05-14-2015, 08:35 AM   #950
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Note: post some here too: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/294721-post-your-hd-pentax...-pictures.html
Thanks if you have done that already !
What is the process for uploading there from my PC?

With DPReview it is easy, I just identify the folder. But there doesn't appear to be the same option here.
05-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #951
Loyal Site Supporter

Reply to the thread. [Go Advanced] if you aren't there already. On the top row of icons, just to the right of the smiley, click the paper clip. You then get the photo upload browser to attach photos directly from your computer.
05-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #952
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
i'll make a new set tomorrow with a solid stationary subject at a higher iso
05-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #953
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
Also let us know your thoughts - photos are one aspect, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the focus speed, the handling, your views of it vs the DA*300 and teleconverter, etc. I see that you've mentioned that it is easier to track with than the DA*300 and the buttons are great, but any other thoughts?

Thanks!

05-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #954
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Also let us know your thoughts - photos are one aspect, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the focus speed, the handling, your views of it vs the DA*300 and teleconverter, etc. I see that you've mentioned that it is easier to track with than the DA*300 and the buttons are great, but any other thoughts?
Ditto! I'd also like to know the sharpness wide open at 450mm. Most of what I shoot would be at that range, so that is very important to me.

Regards!
05-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #955
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
What is the process for uploading there from my PC?

With DPReview it is easy, I just identify the folder. But there doesn't appear to be the same option here.
@Barry:

I think there is a complete instruction in this sub-Forum. My work host blocks the actual Forum because the word 'photo' is in the thread.

How to upload / link photos - BEGINNERS START HERE - PentaxForums.com

Last edited by monochrome; 05-14-2015 at 06:21 PM.
05-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #956
Administrator
Site Webmaster

This lens is now in stock at Adorama, FYI:

Pentax HD D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6 ED DC AW Lens with Case 21340

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #957
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Most recently Added to Cart today at 3:27 PM
Never saw that before.

Guess they sold at least one. Well it went in the cart anyway.
05-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #958
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Reply to the thread. [Go Advanced] if you aren't there already. On the top row of icons, just to the right of the smiley, click the paper clip. You then get the photo upload browser to attach photos directly from your computer.
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think there is a complete instruction in this sub-Forum. My work host blocks the actual Forum because the word 'photo' is in the thread.
How to upload / link photos - BEGINNERS START HERE - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for that!

I've posted some photos I took at Oulton Park motor circuit, UK.

(I would have liked them to be larger, to show more detail).
05-14-2015, 07:53 PM   #959
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Guess they sold at least one. Well it went in the cart anyway.
It could also simply have been the Adorama web manager testing the cart link after publishing. For an expensive item, you want to be sure the cart link works OK.

But now it says:

QuoteQuote:
Most recently Added to Cart today at 9:18 PM
So the orders seem to be flooding in
05-14-2015, 07:54 PM   #960
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
Thanks that would be helpful , about 2 clicks from getting this one