Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2015, 04:25 PM   #61
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 178
I never thought I should live to experience this ...

:-)

This: "Sensor system with reduced movement and rotation compensation system" Does it mean there is still in body SR but not as effective as what we are used to in K3 etc? That approach might have been necessary in order to keep size down or to make it work with existing lenses?



02-04-2015, 04:25 PM   #62
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,609
So we can stil give feedback? Replace mode dial with mode and metering buttons. Get rid of ugly Sony ridge on the grip. Articulating screen like on the 645z. DA mode is fine but make it optional. I want to decide whether a lens is DA or FA.
02-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #63
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 339
A small, cheap DC motor on $2500 lenses? no thanks, especially when ALL the competition have fast ring ultrasonic motors
02-04-2015, 04:31 PM   #64
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
Thanks to @Wild Mark. Formatted for easier reading.

TYPE : Digital SLR Camera
SENSOR : 36 Megapixel CMOS Full frame without lowpass filter
FRAME: Pentax KAF3 with stainless steel bayonet
SYSTEM APPROACH : SAFOX XI with phase detection with 27 pts (25 in cross and 3 of f2.8 )
VISOR : pentaprism Coverage: 100 % LCD
DISPLAY: 3.2 "TFT swing
EMBEDDED FLASH : No
EXTERNAL FLASH : Zapada (P- TTL ) high-speed sync and wireless compatible with Pentax flashes - take X -sync
STORAGE : 2 SDXC
STABILIZATION : Sensor system with reduced movement and rotation compensation system ( 3.5EV TBD)
MEASURING SYSTEM LIGHT : TTL using a 86000 pixels RGB sensor
ISO Sensitivity : 100-102400

02-04-2015, 04:31 PM - 2 Likes   #65
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio (formerly SF Bay Area)
Posts: 1,464
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
MODEL: ---- TYPE : Digital SLR Camera SENSOR : 36 Megapixel CMOS Full frame without lowpass filter FRAME: Pentax KAF3 with stainless steel bayonet . SYSTEM APPROACH : SAFOX XI with phase detection with 27 pts (25 in cross and 3 of f2.8 ) VISOR : pentaprism Coverage: 100 % LCD DISPLAY: 3.2 "TFT swing EMBEDDED FLASH : No EXTERNAL FLASH : Zapada (P- TTL ) high-speed sync and wireless compatible with Pentax flashes , take X -sync STORAGE : 2 SDXC STABILIZATION : Sensor system with reduced movement and rotation compensation system ( 3,5EV TBD) MEASURING SYSTEM LIGHT : TTL , using a 86000 pixels RGB sensor . ISO Sensitivity : 100-102400"
What, SAFOX XI? That's two years old! Pentax is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!
02-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #66
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,590
I noticed that Pentaxeros listed the price as 2000 Euros. That's US $2275. Wow!
02-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #67
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
Woot!!!
02-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #68
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 139
Let's expect more lenses!

02-04-2015, 04:36 PM - 5 Likes   #69
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,609
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
I feel vindicated in buying up all the best FF legacy lenses now
My "Ladies" are all quite excited about getting mated or should I say mounted on this new offering.
02-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #70
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
QuoteOriginally posted by sunshine7913 Quote
Let's expect more lenses!
And you will get....
02-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #71
Site Supporter
skunktail's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, NSW
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 287
QuoteOriginally posted by Ayoh Quote
A small, cheap DC motor on $2500 lenses? no thanks, especially when ALL the competition have fast ring ultrasonic motors
I think they mean DC as in the newer SDM motor on the DA 18-135 WR.

I'm just annoyed the 150-450 was announced less than a month after I bought a Bigma.
02-04-2015, 04:37 PM   #72
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 363
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Looks very interesting. I like the crop mode for those of us with lots of DA glass.
I was hoping it would be coming sooner than sometime before the end of the year but I guess that gives me time to save!
Sony does the same with their E mount lenses on FF.
02-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #73
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 225
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
I never thought I should live to experience this ...

:-)

This: "Sensor system with reduced movement and rotation compensation system" Does it mean there is still in body SR but not as effective as what we are used to in K3 etc? That approach might have been necessary in order to keep size down or to make it work with existing lenses?

Just a bad translation. Its the same SR as always
02-04-2015, 04:40 PM   #74
Veteran Member
Shanti's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Western Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 895
what No WIFI or scene modes--how could they just hope 150-450 comes out before summer--2015 that is
now time for a new thread---Do we really need a FF from Pentax??
02-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #75
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Washington State
Posts: 378
Awesome! So Happy!!!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
70-200mm, apple, body, camera, canon, custom, dc, dfa, dpreview, dslr, f/2.8, f/4.5-5.6, fa, ff, firmware, hd, lens, lens purchase, lenses, market, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, post, product, site, strategy
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Full Frame DSLR Officially Announced! PF Staff Homepage & Official Pentax News 61 02-09-2015 07:13 AM
D-FA* 70-200mm and D-FA 150-450mm Announced PF Staff Homepage & Official Pentax News 7 02-08-2015 03:10 PM
HD PENTAX-DFA 70-200 coming soon awaymars Pentax Full Frame 5 02-03-2015 09:30 PM
DFA 100 macro or DFA 100WR macro or Sigma 70 Shanti Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 7 03-03-2013 12:06 AM
Pentax 560mm, 18-270mm, and DFA 645 90mm Macro Officially Announced Adam Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 09-11-2012 05:58 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:04 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top