Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2008, 07:33 AM   #16
Ed in GA

In the early 70s, I was the Manager of a Radio Shack/Tandy Store.

In our audio department we sold a stereo receiver marketed under the "Realistic" label.

At the same time, Harmon-Kardon had a stereo receiver that they marketed under their own label.

The realistic was rated "best buy" by CR and the HK was rated as unacceptable.

If, in the back of your mind, you were thinking. 'I'll bet that they were the exact same receiver with simply different faceplates.", you would be correct.

If you placed the schematic of one over the other, they were exactly the same. All of the components and values were the same.

The word we had from Corporate was. "Use this rating to your advantage, It cost us a lot of money to get it."

Since then, I have absolutely no trust, or confidence, in anything from CR.

Ed

07-08-2008, 04:34 AM   #17

Quite of few people lost confidence in CR rankings when they placed "Old Milwaukee" best in its class of beer.
07-08-2008, 04:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by YarPcola Quote
Quite of few people lost confidence in CR rankings when they placed "Old Milwaukee" best in its class of beer.
Well, that's not so bad. It may very well be best of the garbage.