Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #391
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timcatn Quote
Lutefisk is GREAT!

Done right it is one of my favourites
BARF! Bland fish turned into LYE flavoured junk. Yeccch! (my opinion when I first tasted it).

02-08-2015, 10:51 AM   #392

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
BARF! Bland fish turned into LYE flavoured junk. Yeccch! (my opinion when I first tasted it).

Sounds like when it is done wrong. Hope you didn't try it at a restaurant. That is mostly a terrifying experience.
02-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #393
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Well, it's great to see that there's at least one person on the site that's enjoying the K-S1! After having used it myself I would never pick it over the K-50 or even the K-500 due to the handling issues, but if the K-50 didn't exist (it will almost surely be discontinued soon), then the K-S1 would make more sense in the lineup IMO. The sensor in the K-S1 is pretty darn good for an entry-level camera and I can't complain about a best-in-class viewfinder, either
Do we know that Pentax will discontinue the K-50?

When Canon introduced the T5i, people assumed that they would follow past procedure and discontinue the T3i, but they kept the T3i and discontinued the T4i instead (the step between T3i and T4i was much bigger than the step between T4i and T5i). If the K-S2 is more like the K-S1 than like the K-50, they may be "encouraged" to keep the K-50 and drop the K-S1 instead.
02-08-2015, 11:07 AM   #394
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timcatn Quote
Sounds like when it is done wrong. Hope you didn't try it at a restaurant. That is mostly a terrifying experience.
Nope - hand made by a pretty good cook (except for lutefisk).

02-08-2015, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #395
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I think there are actually FIVE people enjoying the K-S1! (Sadly, I think I can name them off the top of my head.)

I have to wonder if the response to the K-S1 would have been very different if the FF and/or KS-2 had been leaked first. Perhaps it would have been more of a "Oh, entry level. Looks funny. Whatever." instead of "HOW DARE THEY???"
Well quite.

QuoteQuote:
In Clothears' defense, he was spoofing MikeP's request for a filter to remove "Pentax Is Doomed" from threads. He took it a little further, tho'. Okay, a lot further.
Ha, glad to see someone is awake and has a Sensa Yuma. OK - retract the bit about cancelling accounts. There is, however, the K-S1 Forum, and pretty soon, mark my words, it will have more posts than the K50/K30 Forum has topics, and I will consider that to be a result.

I can also say that in the time I've had this camera, I've not seen the LEDs and no one has commented on them. Not her indoors and not the three cats either.
02-08-2015, 12:36 PM   #396
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Do we know that Pentax will discontinue the K-50?

When Canon introduced the T5i, people assumed that they would follow past procedure and discontinue the T3i, but they kept the T3i and discontinued the T4i instead (the step between T3i and T4i was much bigger than the step between T4i and T5i). If the K-S2 is more like the K-S1 than like the K-50, they may be "encouraged" to keep the K-50 and drop the K-S1 instead.
That would be an interesting move but it would make sense as long as the K-50 is still profitable at the current price point. No official info about its discontinuation yet.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-08-2015, 12:50 PM   #397
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There doesn't seem to be any gray.
Well, actually, that's not true: K-S1 is available in "Tweed Gray"!
02-09-2015, 01:30 AM   #398

Chip Poland has published technical specifications of a K-S2, maybe these are indeed correct:
http://www.chip.pl/news/sprzet/kamery-i-aparaty/2015/02/pentax-k-s2-oto-najm...-na-swiecie-1#

02-09-2015, 01:36 AM   #399
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rafe Quote
Chip Poland has published technical specifications of a K-S2, maybe these are indeed correct:
Pentax K-S2: oto najmniejsza lustrzanka na ?wiecie! - Artyku?y - Chip.pl
a translation might be:
  • Housing resistant to dust and severe weather. Was established in key locations until a hundred seals.
  • Tilting LCD display technology Air Gapless, coated with a special resin layer between the panel and the actual display protection. This allows to reduce the level of glare and light dispersion.
  • The SAFOXX autofocus module. 11 sensors, including 9 cross in the middle. According to the manufacturer allows it to catch the light field at -3 EV. It also acknowledges the AF lock function by which the selected object is maintained palpably in focus.
  • 20.12 Megapixel CMOS sensor with a frequency of ISO51200, which in conjunction with the PRIME image processor according to the manufacturer MII provides minimal noise, even at the highest ISO. Here, we remain skeptical until we are able to test this model.
  • Built-in vibration reduction / image stabilization + simulator AA filter, which, unlike ordinary AA filter can be simply switched off (or you can simply reduce this effect, depending on the scene).
  • Optical viewfinder with "almost 100% field of view"
  • Shutter speed of 1/6000 sec and function shooting (5.5 fps)
  • Wirelessly connect the camera to the smartphone via Wi-Fi or NFC module.
  • The ability to record movies in Full HD and stereo sound.
  • 77-segment metering sensor
  • DR mechanism Naddźćwiękowy remove dust from the sensor.
02-09-2015, 01:42 AM - 1 Like   #400

Uuurrgh, If those specs are true, they only remake K-S1 with additional Wifi and articulated lcd, and of course WR. K-S2 should have AF from K-3, 24Mpx, and better FPS.
02-09-2015, 01:44 AM   #401
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clothears Quote
Ha, glad to see someone is awake and has a Sensa Yuma.
English sense of humour ... hard to distinguish between joke or not.

I did that other English thing and just totally ignored you
02-09-2015, 01:50 AM - 2 Likes   #402
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by afan137 Quote
Uuurrgh, If those specs are true, they only remake K-S1 with additional Wifi and articulated lcd, and of course WR. K-S2 should have AF from K-3, 24Mpx, and better FPS.
...which is why it's called the K-S2 and not the K-3II.
02-09-2015, 02:19 AM   #403
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

who can help me?

is there a microphone connection on the new K-s2 with stereo sound?

thanks for the help
02-09-2015, 02:37 AM   #404
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
who can help me?

is there a microphone connection on the new K-s2 with stereo sound?

thanks for the help
It has not yet been officially announced with full specs, so either someone would be guessing or they would be breaking an NDA.

Edit: the specs above linked by beachgardener are the first I've seen, and they're not from Pentax HQ. We'll know everything soon enough.