Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 204 Likes Search this Thread
02-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #511

It has an AC adapter jack and Interval modes. Sweet!

And a lot of people will be happy with the large PENTAX logo on the LCD screen back.

The Forest Green is very appealing to me.

As I recall kenspo hinted there will be a few (perhaps eyeopening) accessories to go along with this.

02-09-2015, 04:01 PM   #512
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I noticed that the K-S2 has an HDMI port to go along with the external mic input. That is a major upgrade over the K-30/50 which had a composite AV output and no external mic input. Better low-light AF capability as well (-3 EV vs. -1) but the same 77 segment metering. Best mid-range APS-C camera in the market?
02-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #513
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The AC adapter is the K-AC128 - that has a dummy battery with a cord on it.

If you say "body armour" to me, I think of this:

02-09-2015, 04:32 PM   #514

Looks like I can buy an aftermarket version of the dummy battery and use it with my existing Pentax AC adapter. It doesn't appear that Ricoh sells the DC coupler separately. BTW The Ricoh webstore lists the coupler and adapter as accessories to the K-S1 too. Just no interval modes on the K-S1.

02-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #515
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Neither does the body armour that is suppose to come too.
Ah but the 109 AA battery holder already exists.
02-09-2015, 05:45 PM   #516
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I want to pre order it. The stone gray kit with the collapsible lens is in my cart at B&H. Am I gonna feel stupid when it's $200 cheaper in a few months? Guys, I need some guidance.
02-09-2015, 05:54 PM   #517
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
AA holder is not listed as an optional accessory, which is where it ought to be if its useable by the new camera.
So the AA holder is larger than the actual battery? (I had expected that if they use the same battery, they could also use the same AA holder)

02-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #518
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I want to pre order it. The stone gray kit with the collapsible lens is in my cart at B&H. Am I gonna feel stupid when it's $200 cheaper in a few months? Guys, I need some guidance.
I'm the wrong guy to ask for help on that - I'm more of the "how much is each day worth to experience having it, compared to NOT having it" and "it's only money" mentality. I will say your K-30 is an excellent camera and will be for years, and the K-S2 will probably be old enough that there will be some pretty good deals come Black Friday.

PS: The Stone Gray is my favorite so far, too... the neon bottom plates just don't do anything for me. Is it an age thing? The yellow side plate on the Midnight Black K-S1 didn't appeal to me, either, but some said it was their favorite.
02-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #519
Veteran Member

You don't need guidance, just patience.
says the guy almost putting the forest green with kit in a cart.
02-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #520
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So the AA holder is larger than the actual battery? (I had expected that if they use the same battery, they could also use the same AA holder)
Yes, it's sort of L-shaped, with round blobs. The K-r/30/50/500 have cutouts in the sides of the battery bay to hold it or the Li-109. It's kind of a neat design.
02-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #521
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ok thank you both, can you please explain difference of video and interval video please?
02-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #522
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Danas_Anis Quote
I hope they did some refinements to video capabilities too, at least to be like those found in OM-D EM-5mark2 and focus peaking during recording and aperture control during recording.
The EM-5 II aperture control during recording is a joke though. You have to touch yourself through the menu on the touchscreen to use the touchscreen for aperture control... the dials are disabled.

Wait a minute. The bottom of the camera is orange? Of the... black version? It looks cool, though I'm not sure I'd want that.

If it were able to output 4K they would surely have mentioned it.

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
ok thank you both, can you please explain difference of video and interval video please?

Video... takes, erm, a video. 24, 25, 30 fps, ... Interval video: Takes a photo every, say, 1 second, puts them in a video file.
02-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #523

It only has one card slot. I wonder if it is in the battery compartment like the K-S1. This was done to save space and probably of the expense of room for the AA adapter.
02-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #524
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
It only has one card slot. I wonder if it is in the battery compartment like the K-S1. This was done to save space and probably of the expense of room for the AA adapter.
Pretty sure it's on the side, per usual. See the side pictures here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/285297-best-back-un...amera-yet.html
02-09-2015, 06:10 PM - 3 Likes   #525
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Life is short. Be happy. Unless that $200.00 difference is a financial burden for you and your family, fuggedaboutit!