Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2015, 03:57 AM   #706
Pentaxian

Interesting video on the K-S2 showing the Wifi smartphone operation and the "purotectav jacketto" :P

02-16-2015, 06:03 AM   #707
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Well, chances are the stranger will run away with your phone (or camera).
For real?? Has this happened to you or someone you know? Where do you live? Because I want to be sure to NOT GO THERE.

(I've had strangers literally put their cell phones in my hands and ask me to take pictures. Maybe I just look trustworthy...?)
02-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #708
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
rash decision to order the "forest green" variant now seems a little iffy,
Someone has remarked that the Leica "safari" model is pretty sought after for its color. The green K-S2 looks kind of cool to me. It looks Army drab to me. The old Pentax F lenses will look pretty boss on it.
02-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #709
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
More I see this new camera, the more I like it. Really impressive. I bet it will sell really good. I would probably go for one, if I didn't buy K-5 IIs on black friday

02-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #710
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
For real?? Has this happened to you or someone you know? Where do you live? Because I want to be sure to NOT GO THERE.

(I've had strangers literally put their cell phones in my hands and ask me to take pictures. Maybe I just look trustworthy...?)
I don't recall it having happened to me or someone I know, but I might be a bit paranoid. Why take chances? The economy is bad, people are bad, there are thieves everywhere...

The armour looks like someone spilled goo all over the camera.

The WiFi app looks really basic... nowhere near the amount of control I'd want to have over the camera. API please, Pentax!
02-16-2015, 01:35 PM   #711

Nice video. I've learned today how to say "yes" in japanese.
02-18-2015, 10:54 AM   #712
Forum Member

Nobody remarked on the wide opening under the "purotekuto jakketto"?? It seems to me like the AA holder would fit perfectly in there. Has there been any official word on whether the K-S2 will accept AA's or not?
02-18-2015, 12:44 PM - 2 Likes   #713
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kharan Quote
Has there been any official word on whether the K-S2 will accept AA's or not?
Finally found a picture of the bottom. It looks like "definitely not".

Someone will probably ask why the door is shaped the way it is - it's probably to have room for your finger when pressing the little catch that holds the battery in place (hidden by the battery in this shot, but it's there on the K-r/30/50/500...).

Pentax K-S2 Review: Hands-On Preview

02-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #714
Veteran Member

Why do I want this camera so badly!? I can't understand it...
02-18-2015, 01:11 PM   #715
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
They're very small - I have a K-S1 - and are great as your second camera at an events shoot, or your main camera for an all-day walk around/hike. :-)
02-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #716
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
How well or how poorly he does in terms of representing Pentax is a matter of opinion. I actually think his task would be more worthwhile if he did his proselytising among Nikonites and Canonites. Preaching to converts is quite pointless. By the way, he was not selected directly by Ricoh as ambassador. It was Focus Nordic who thought it might be a good a idea to get this guy to promote a segment of their products. I know the Scandinavian languages, so I have a reasonably clear overview of what this guy is up to.
That is very true; it's a matter of opinion, and it seems the majority, including myself; appreciate his posts here. If you or anyone else doesn't like his posts, simply skip over them. I'm delighted to see his posts generate enthusiasm for our Pentax!

Also, what difference does it matter who promoted him? He still represents Ricoh; and very well, in my eyes!
02-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #717
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Me too!
02-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #718
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Finally found a picture of the bottom. It looks like "definitely not".

Someone will probably ask why the door is shaped the way it is - it's probably to have room for your finger when pressing the little catch that holds the battery in place (hidden by the battery in this shot, but it's there on the K-r/30/50/500...).

Pentax K-S2 Review: Hands-On Preview
But there still might be a grip connector under the sticker
02-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #719
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
No, no - the sticker is covering the slot for the swappable sensor module to upgrade to FF.

(I'm pretty sure the sticker is covering the recess where the maker/model/compliance data/"Made in" sticker goes. The narrow recess to the right of the tripod socket is for the serial number.)

Last edited by THoog; 02-18-2015 at 02:43 PM.
02-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #720
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
A lot of brands out there have battery grip connectors inside the battery slot... so you never know .