Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 204 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 02:08 AM   #61

HI everyone!

Really interested in this awesome camera. I'm pretty sure that it is WR but do we have the DUAL SD slots confirmed? I can't see on the pics exactly. What about the touchscreen? Hopefully it's not touch or can be disabled at least.

The design and feature we knof of are really good in my opinion, great quality for a mid to high range with nice features that beginners can love.

Looking forward to getting one as a partner to my K30

02-06-2015, 02:25 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Ricoh has clearly stated, that the dslr division will continue as Pentax only, and everything else will be branded Ricoh
What, even the Q series?
02-06-2015, 02:34 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
What, even the Q series?
Hmm, good question Havent asked, since i kind of forgot that camera But i think that also will continue to be branded Pentax. Will ask!
02-06-2015, 02:56 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Ricoh

Good looking camera. I think the development of the new full frame will take most effort. So I am guessing that k3 will still on the market for 2 years more as Canon did with d7.

02-06-2015, 03:03 AM   #65
Forum Member

Looking at that display, if its a legit screenshot it looks like only an 11 point AF system.
02-06-2015, 03:19 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
Reminiscent of the HK Holden Monaro Racing Stripe from the early 70's. This comment is relevant only to Australian males of a certain vintage.
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Sad. Poignant, but sad.
I'm more of the 'When you're hot, you're hot' Torana XU-1 era.
02-06-2015, 03:23 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
I'm more of the 'When you're hot, you're hot' Torana XU-1 era.
definitely agree with that

02-06-2015, 03:25 AM   #68

But k-s1 users (like me) are really disappointed. Only a few months for a consisting upgrade like this? I hope that the k-s2 is the successor of k50, and the k-s1 will stay on the market.
02-06-2015, 03:27 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thelonelyplayer Quote
I hope that the k-s2 is the successor of k50, and the k-s1 will stay on the market.
yes i think that is how it is
02-06-2015, 03:45 AM   #70
Veteran Member

K-S1 is K-500 successor, K-S2 is K-50 successor. First one is entry-level non-WR, the second one is WR and has some additional features (flip-screen), built in Wi-Fi etc.

K-3 is above both, and new full frame will be above K-3

That's the way I see it
02-06-2015, 03:52 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Very nice they fixed all the little niggles.
Good job!!!
We won't know until we can hold it in our hands. There are a couple of firmware things I'd like to see implemented... stills and video.

Let's hope Pentax sees this when they work on the firmware: John Brawley reviews the Olympus E-M5 Mark II - EOSHD (Yay, I'm not alone!)

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Nice.
Though I can't say I like the racing stripes on the flash housing.
I have to agree. What's with that? Looks... tacky on an otherwise clean design.

And what's with that huuuuge WiFi button? Why is WiFi _THERE_, but ISO down on the up button? I'd rather have those switched.

That flippy screen does take a lot of space.

Will someone compare the mirror housing thing to the K-S1? Looks quite K-S1-ish to me... so basically a K-S1 with additional features and a better grip?

The name surprises me, I mean it is special, but it seemed to be more a proper K line camera than an experiment.

I don't think this is a successor to the K-S1, Adam. It's simply a different camera. The K-S3, if I get them right, could be a mirrorless medium format with Svarovski cristals all over it. Anything goes in this line, they'll just number them in sequence. Basically the K-01 is the original K-S1, and the K-S1 the K-S2. As for this camera, think of it as a more shooting oriented but still designer camera where they experiment with new stuff. This clearly isn't as small as the K-S1.

A proper K-50 replacement still has to come then...
02-06-2015, 03:52 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Agree on that, but I don't think the K-3 upgrade will be the K-3 anything anymore......I think they will make it a K-S something. I hope they decide and keep it consistent regardless. Reminds me of how Canon uses like 3 different names for the same camera. At least when I see a Pentax moving up, it will make logical sense.
02-06-2015, 03:58 AM   #73
Pentaxian

KS-2 is a bit confusing. What will they call the FF K-S3?
02-06-2015, 03:59 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimC1101 Quote
Agree on that, but I don't think the K-3 upgrade will be the K-3 anything anymore......I think they will make it a K-S something. I hope they decide and keep it consistent regardless. Reminds me of how Canon uses like 3 different names for the same camera. At least when I see a Pentax moving up, it will make logical sense.
Numbering down, like Pentax does, has its limits. Only one more possibility in the K-series for K-1.
I doubt the FF will be called that, would be immediate end of the line, more likely another famous Pentax letter like de L (remember the LX?) or maybe Ks (smaller sensor) and Kf (Fullframe) or Kb(bigger sensor).
02-06-2015, 04:04 AM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Wow. Pentax have been busy. A new flash is mentioned too.

Some of the features of this new camera will probably find their way into higher spec'd cameras like the K-3 successor and the FF I bet - like the flippy screen and in-built WiFi.
The WiFi seems to be a bit slooow !! We'll have to wait and see!

---------- Post added 06-02-15 at 04:05 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
KS-2 is a bit confusing. What will they call the FF K-S3?
KS-3 should replace the K-3 !!!