Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2015, 06:20 AM   #736
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,613
And what is this hole in the bottom plate?.



02-19-2015, 06:31 AM   #737
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,609
Which hole are you talking about? The one that (visually) is right next to the rightmost corner of the battery? Looks like something that may be used to align something to...

It looks like the bottom plate is exchangeable... it would be cool if Pentax offered them separately in different colors, so that users can switch the look of their camera even further.
02-19-2015, 06:34 AM   #738
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,602
QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
Note that in the Henry's ad, there are typos. They list and also describe the HD 18-50, when it is surely the DA L. I only ordered the kit because it's a cheap way for me to acquire a WR lens- I have no WR lenses currently. But the DA L seems just fine to me, I'll spring for a hood later, I don't care about the shift focus, and HD coating really does have a subtle effect.
B&H has the same bad info, photo shows the SMC, description says HD.
They also had a typo on the black/orange body and 2 lens kit at $799.
I pre-ordered this kit, and contacted B&H after some members said it would surely be the DA-L SMC lens.
At first the rep said "why don't you think it will be the HD lens, that is what the order says?"
I explained, he checked and replied it was a mistake, it will come with the SMC not HD lens, so I canceled the order, didn't need the 50-200 anyway.
Shortly afterwards that kit went up to $896, but the lens description stayed the same.
Bet there will be some returns.

I'm managing to hold out, wait for reviews and hopefully a price drop, but that Forest Green has my name written all over it.
02-19-2015, 06:56 AM   #739
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,613
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Which hole are you talking about? The one that (visually) is right next to the rightmost corner of the battery? Looks like something that may be used to align something to...

It looks like the bottom plate is exchangeable... it would be cool if Pentax offered them separately in different colors, so that users can switch the look of their camera even further.
Nope the hole right under where the info sticker apparently goes. It doesn't have a (visible) black screw in it. Also notice the orange plate has a slanted pattern and the pink one doesn't.

02-19-2015, 07:07 AM   #740
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
It looks like that bottom plate might(!?) have some secrets hiding... ?

The black part / rubber piece on the outside rim of the battery compartment, looks a lot like a removable piece. This might mean that there will be an option to plug the camera to an AC or something similar!? This way the cable will come out of the camera while the door is closed. If that is true, then there might be a small hope that a battery grip could be produced.
That "empty hole" you guys are talking about could also be for aligning the battery grip to the body... sooo... who tested this camera and have more info on it? Will there be a battery grip for it!?
02-19-2015, 07:28 AM   #741
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,400
I've pointed out the rubber plug for the AC adapter before. The adapter is the K-AC128, same as the K-r/30/50/500. The K-30/50/500 have the same plug on the side (in the K-r, it was in the door itself). If the K-S2 was going to have a grip, I think they would have included that in the accessory list at launch.
02-19-2015, 07:34 AM   #742
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I've pointed out the rubber plug for the AC adapter before. The adapter is the K-AC128, same as the K-r/30/50/500. The K-30/50/500 have the same plug on the side (in the K-r, it was in the door itself). If the K-S2 was going to have a grip, I think they would have included that in the accessory list at launch.
From the AC adapter to battery grip is a small step ... some can dream... can't they?
02-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #743
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,400
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
From the AC adapter to battery grip is a small step ... some can dream... can't they?
Sure, but no one took that step in four previous models (except for an ingenious Frankengrip over in the PF DIY forum), so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/n00bs/sets/72157650443172139

Looking at the pix in M Kurosawa's flickr set, I found it interesting that the K-S2 has a full-sized main circuit board, same as the previous DSLRs (I want to call it the "motherboard" 'cause I'm a computer guy). I had thought it might have a small board, like the K-01. To have a full-sized board AND tilt/flip LCD in a body not much thicker than a K-r suggests they squeezed the SR chassis. Something had to give.

Also, those LCD hinges are huge! Typical Pentax, built like a tank.

02-19-2015, 07:50 AM   #744
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,613
No grip according to faq Google Translate
02-19-2015, 07:52 AM   #745
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,609
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Nope the hole right under where the info sticker apparently goes. It doesn't have a (visible) black screw in it. Also notice the orange plate has a slanted pattern and the pink one doesn't.
I think that's what I meant/described. Underneath that there's a screw.

Who knows what that hole could be... it might be yet another, but deeper inside screw. Or something to orient something with that is mounted to the camera... but I doubt that, because the location, if one mounting point is the battery slot, is not ideal. It should be further on the other side. I also remember some video cameras having a pin next to their tripod mount, so the orientation on the tripod is always the same... but it doesn't look like that...
02-19-2015, 07:54 AM   #746
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Sure, but no one took that step in four previous models (except for an ingenious Frankengrip over in the PF DIY forum), so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/n00bs/sets/72157650443172139

Looking at the pix in M Kurosawa's flickr set, I found it interesting that the K-S2 has a full-sized main circuit board, same as the previous DSLRs (I want to call it the "motherboard" 'cause I'm a computer guy). I had thought it might have a small board, like the K-01. To have a full-sized board AND tilt/flip LCD in a body not much thicker than a K-r suggests they squeezed the SR chassis. Something had to give.

Also, those LCD hinges are huge! Typical Pentax, built like a tank.
Most probably nobody took the dive because Pentax unfortunately for now are not as popular. I know for one popular NEX camera, some third companies did battery grips (and I think was JUST that, a batter grip and nothing else).

So, if K-S2 gets to be very popular since a lot of people like it already, maybe someone will make something... maybe...

Btw, I would love to be able and purchase a demonstrator body, lenses and flash... all see through .
02-19-2015, 08:12 AM   #747
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,609
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Sure, but no one took that step in four previous models (except for an ingenious Frankengrip over in the PF DIY forum), so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/n00bs/sets/72157650443172139

Looking at the pix in M Kurosawa's flickr set, I found it interesting that the K-S2 has a full-sized main circuit board, same as the previous DSLRs (I want to call it the "motherboard" 'cause I'm a computer guy). I had thought it might have a small board, like the K-01. To have a full-sized board AND tilt/flip LCD in a body not much thicker than a K-r suggests they squeezed the SR chassis. Something had to give.

Also, those LCD hinges are huge! Typical Pentax, built like a tank.
Thanks for the link, that's awesome.

As for the being thicker bit... it can also be that the screen has gotten thinner... I mean, AFAIK the thinnest smartphone right now is 4.7mm thick. 4.7. And they had to fit a battery, motherboard with all the components, a camera, etc. within that thing. Plus a plastic casing. The second place goes to one that has a metal casing and is 4.75mm thick. And the glass on the screen should be around 0.3mm in both cases. So I'm not too surprised. Also if you look at the photos it looks like the screen sticks out a bit, next to the part on the right where the buttons are.
02-19-2015, 08:29 AM   #748
Senior Member
LeGuillotine's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland, Kotka
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 169
Any confirmation about video SR?
02-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #749
Pentaxian
simon_199's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 339
It isn't mentioned as a feature in the official specs, so i guess it isn't present, otherwise it would have been advertised
02-19-2015, 08:44 AM   #750
Senior Member
LeGuillotine's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland, Kotka
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 169
QuoteOriginally posted by simon_199 Quote
It isn't mentioned as a feature in the official specs, so i guess it isn't present, otherwise it would have been advertised
So You think that there is REAL SR for video?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
ambassador, bit, camera, excitement, ff, forums, future, grip, k-3, k-s1, ken, legacy, lot, pentax, pentax brand, pentax news, pentax rumors, pm, post, ricoh, screen, sensor, source, space, time, touch, wi-fi, wifi
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-3 Camera Icon type is coming up wrong in Flickr Exif! dcpropilot Pentax K-3 2 12-20-2014 09:16 PM
That expensive case is coming with the K-01 chucuyuco Pentax K-01 5 03-10-2013 08:07 AM
Nature Spring is Coming Den Post Your Photos! 2 02-26-2013 08:41 AM
Is there anything coming to replace the K-5 KLSMpls Pentax K-5 18 03-28-2011 05:26 PM
My Lent is over--new K-x is coming Ira Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 08-03-2010 11:22 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top