Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 204 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 07:18 AM - 4 Likes   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax should have skipped the K-S1 and just launched this instead.
I think that's the idea ... just quietly forget all about the K-S1

In years to come Ricoh will suddenly delete all information about the K-S1 from it's archives, never to be seen again.

BTW Adam, ... any chance you could include the word Dooooomed (and all variations) in the swear filter, it was mildly amusing the first time but now it's just bloody annoying and only used by those who have nothing of interest to say.

Last edited by Mike.P®; 02-06-2015 at 07:59 AM.
02-06-2015, 07:23 AM   #92
Pentaxian

That retractable kit lens loos about the same size as the DA 35 2.4! Actually maybe even smaller (and just a bit wider)...
02-06-2015, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #93
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
BTW Adam, ... any chance you could include the word Dooooomed (and all variations) in the swear filter, it was mildly amusing the first time but now it's just bloody annoying and only used by those who have nothing of interest to say.
Seconded.
02-06-2015, 07:26 AM - 2 Likes   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax is D00med, Dewmed, Dumed, D00M3D

02-06-2015, 07:27 AM - 4 Likes   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

While you're at it, could you have the filter remove pointless complaining about the K-S1?
02-06-2015, 07:28 AM   #96
Veteran Member

With all these releases from Ricoh for CP+, I wonder if the Canon 5Dsr will make any great headline because it's a 50mp camera...

in any case, I liked its look as a mockup in CES ... now seeing its final form, it looks even better! Good job Ricoh!

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Pentax is D00med, Dewmed, Dumed, D00M3D
haha the last one so l337!
02-06-2015, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
With the FF announced, I have to be on my best behavior!
No Ricoh bashing for a while - and they have not given me much to bash about - recently.

But folks know me...no slack until I am holding my FF in my hands.
If the FF has Pentax front and back, I may have to give in and surrender to Ricoh.

I think on the FF, Ricoh deserves to have their name somewhere on the camera, don't you think .
They've been doing a very good job at bringing Pentax back to life.

02-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #98
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I don't know about that screen. It looks a bit cramped and doesn't look like a touch screen.
The screen has a much larger frame than the screens on Nikons, Lumixes, and Samsungs. And it is also smaller. Maybe because of weather-sealing?
02-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #99
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
While you're at it, could you have the filter remove pointless complaining about the K-S1?
...and about anything and everything else Ricoh does (or doesn't) do.

But, wow, they're really churning out new stuff now! I like
02-06-2015, 07:45 AM   #100

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
With all these releases from Ricoh for CP+, I wonder if the Canon 5Dsr will make any great headline because it's a 50mp camera...

in any case, I liked its look as a mockup in CES ... now seeing its final form, it looks even better! Good job Ricoh!

haha the last one so l337!
I know You meant that ironically, but look here: Das Online-Magazin rund ums digitale Bild | heise Foto. Not a single word of the announcements made by Ricoh/Pentax, Canon all over. I wonder why journalists can dare to be so blatantly onesided...
02-06-2015, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #101

Photos: Gallery
K-S2

I like the design way better then the KS-1. But being poor as I am, I'll be sticking with my K20D for many more years. being a Pentax it will last. Maybe someday my friend will buy the new FF and sell me his K-3 for a good price like sold me the K20D I own now.
02-06-2015, 07:50 AM   #102
Veteran Member

I think Pentax is listening too much to us, online whiners. This is basically the K-S1 with the LED lights removed. People really need to get off their high horse "derp I want black cameras with absolutely nothing unique about them that look exactly like Canikon, how else will people respect my photos, I cant possibly use a fun, coloured camera with lights on it". This is why we cant have anything nice.
QuoteOriginally posted by rullrich Quote
I wonder why journalists can dare to be so blatantly onesided...
Well, they are not journalists. They are writers, reviewers, reporters.. not journalists. This is a problem in most media these days - so many people talking, but very few who actually know what journalism is supposed to be, and even fewer that actually do it right
02-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
It's right on time to be the K-50 replacement (it's usually 18-21 months between models). The K-S1 was too soon, and someone stated flatly at Photokina that the K-S1 was a special model and NOT the K-50 replacement.

So, the K-S1 will be a "collectible" !!

Probably for "retractable".

In the unnecessary speculation department, the LCD shows room for 2108 JPEGs on the SD card - my K-S1 can fit ~530 on an 8GB and ~1070 on a 16GB, which suggests a 32GB card and a 20MP sensor.
Nice changes.
02-06-2015, 07:59 AM   #104
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by rullrich Quote
I know You meant that ironically, but look here: Das Online-Magazin rund ums digitale Bild | heise Foto. Not a single word of the announcements made by Ricoh/Pentax, Canon all over. I wonder why journalists can dare to be so blatantly onesided...
The big boys pay them for publicity. No surprises here. That's how the world works.

And it's not like they ignore Pentax; their review of the K-S1 was generally favourable.

Heise can't be blamed for concentrating on items that will generate increased readership. They wish to maximise their revenues and I doubt that Pentax are of much help in this respect.

If you wish to be consistent, you should also be blaming pentaxforums for not giving equal attention to Sony or Samsung.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 02-06-2015 at 08:04 AM.
02-06-2015, 08:00 AM   #105
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I think Pentax is listening too much to us, online whiners. This is basically the K-S1 with the LED lights removed. People really need to get off their high horse "derp I want black cameras with absolutely nothing unique about them that look exactly like Canikon, how else will people respect my photos, I cant possibly use a fun, coloured camera with lights on it". This is why we cant have anything nice.
Oh, I very much want a camera that doesn't look professional. I don't need "respect".

I want people to ignore me and my camera.