Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #121

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Not sure how the K-S1 was received over there but here it has been a total failure .. so much so in Amazons black Friday deals there was a free flucard, free 50mm and £40 cashback along with a reduced price .... the camera body after all freebies came to just over £100 and they still only sold about 15% of stock each time.
I have no idea how it's sold so far here in the states, but this holiday season also had a ton of other insane Pentax deals from K-3 to K-5IIs to K-50. Once the channel is clear of the latter two models, the K-S1 and K-S2 will have a chance to start selling. You can already pick up the K-S1 as low as $600 with the 18-55mm here. I'd bet that there will be sub-$600 kits by the holidays to get these cameras into the hands of a new generation of Pentaxians.

02-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you don't think Pentax is being talked about much, then Google Pentax FF or Pentax Full Frame, and filter for the past 24 hours.
02-06-2015, 08:25 AM   #123
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by rullrich Quote
Yes, of cause, I know it's no surpise, but it's still annoying. But why should a pentaxforum give attention to other brands the same way a journal called "foto" does ?
My point was that every entity has an overriding objective. Heise has a specific objective just like pentaxforums. In the case of pentaxforums that objective should be self-evident, whereas in the case of heise the dividing line between salesmanship, research, and journalism is consistently blurred, and they are perfectly transparent about it. They will do the bidding of the big boys because the big boys pay them well. And they will often promote German manufacturers, which I think is great.
02-06-2015, 08:30 AM   #124
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Not sure how the K-S1 was received over there but here it has been a total failure .. so much so in Amazons black Friday deals there was a free flucard, free 50mm and £40 cashback along with a reduced price .... the camera body after all freebies came to just over £100 and they still only sold about 15% of stock each time.
QuoteOriginally posted by astron Quote
I have no idea how it's sold so far here in the states, but this holiday season also had a ton of other insane Pentax deals from K-3 to K-5IIs to K-50. Once the channel is clear of the latter two models, the K-S1 and K-S2 will have a chance to start selling. You can already pick up the K-S1 as low as $600 with the 18-55mm here. I'd bet that there will be sub-$600 kits by the holidays to get these cameras into the hands of a new generation of Pentaxians.
The price would have to go seriously sub-$600 to come anywhere close to that Black Friday deal in the U.K.!

02-06-2015, 08:42 AM   #125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rullrich Quote
I know You meant that ironically, but look here: Das Online-Magazin rund ums digitale Bild | heise Foto. Not a single word of the announcements made by Ricoh/Pentax, Canon all over. I wonder why journalists can dare to be so blatantly onesided...
Because the only thing Pentax has released so far are two lenses and a low end aps-c. Do we have specs for the body yet?
02-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #126
Veteran Member

This is NOT any replacement for the KS-1, even though the name suggest so. This is a totally different camera, with other features, even a few new ones. KS-2 will be a VERY interesting camera
02-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #127
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
This is NOT any replacement for the KS-1, even though the name suggest so.
Do you have an official source confirming this categorically formulated claim of yours?

02-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #128
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Because the only thing Pentax has released so far are two lenses and a low end aps-c. Do we have specs for the body yet?
After all the whining and crying about no long Pentax glass, this stuff is major. The 150-450 fills a huge hole in the Pentax line up , and essentially, if it works well with the 1.4 TC.. it's game changer to be sure. Especially since the patents for these lenses show they are using ring motors, that are much more modern than the motors used in Canon and Nikon glass. I can't speak for everyone, but these two lenses take away the excuses "why I have to leave Pentax." for all but the most serious pros. Having 150-450mm 5.6 available with DC AF is just as good as it gets, from my perspective. That by itself is an awesome leap forward. The KS-2 is easily a great replacement for the K-5 or K-01 I carry as a second body.

I guess once move on to other systems it's hard for them to identify with upgrades to the state of Pentax. At some point I might finally get to retire my A-400. Up to this point there was simply nothing. I know there were the Sigma and Tamron long lenses but seriously, the IQ just never appealed to me. My A-400 is better.
02-06-2015, 09:02 AM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
Do you have an official source confirming this categorically formulated claim of yours?
Of course i have an official source..Otherwise, i would say that it was my own opinion.
02-06-2015, 09:02 AM   #130
Pentaxian

Of course not. Keep an eye on http://digicame-info.com/ They leaked the pics, they will leak the specs.
02-06-2015, 09:05 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Of course not..
Wrong!
02-06-2015, 09:06 AM   #132
Pentaxian

Wrong!
I meant not one you will reveal, so it's useless to us
02-06-2015, 09:06 AM   #133
Unregistered User

Of course i have an official source..Otherwise, i would say that it was my own opinion.
Well, why don't you identify the source?
02-06-2015, 09:06 AM   #134
Veteran Member

Wrong!
Prove it! Again and again please.
02-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I meant not one you will reveal, so it's useless to us
That is a different story

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 05:07 PM ----------

Well, why don't you identify the source?
Eh, my source is Pentax

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 05:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Prove it! Again and again please.
I could show you the spec-sheet..But then i had to kill you afterwards