Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #136

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I've argued as much.... but, long story short, I like to know what's happening in the world of photography. That Canon is coming out with a 50 MP FF sensor in June.... I'd like to have a response ready before my Canon using friends start rubbing it in my face. Please don't make me enrol in Canon sites to stay current.

If you are at all serious about photography, you want to know where to turn, if your current set up isn't doing what you want. IN that regard, some "I'm leaving Pentax because " threads are very informative. On those occasions where you have someone who is leaving Pentax because he/she can't comprehend a camera manual, it can be very disturbing, because if they can't comprehend a Pentax manual, they won't be able to comprehend anyone else's manual either. But, like the guy looking for wide angle tilt shift for architecture... there is just nothing available on K-mount. And what is available doesn't work as well as what's available for Canon. That's useful information. That's the kind of thing you need filed away in the back of your mind, just in case you ever need it.
No disagreement with what You say, I only meant that a site that considers itself an general magazine about digital photography is under a different kind of obligation towards neutrality than a forum called pentaxforums, which of cause is more interested in all things Pentax (like I am). That does not mean to only discuss Pentax, of cause.

02-06-2015, 09:11 AM - 3 Likes   #137
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Even though Ken's been pretty damn correct about everything else? And the fact that he's sponsored by Pentax?

I'm trusting Ken.
02-06-2015, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Even though Ken's been pretty damn correct about everything else? And the fact that he's sponsored by Pentax?

I'm trusting Ken.
Bingo!
I think someone hasn't been visiting the forum lately.
02-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote

I'm trusting Ken.
Thank you I can understand that someone is sceptical. But time will show more people that i am not trolling..Even though i cant share everything!

02-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #140
Unregistered User

It wasn't difficult to track you down online. I see you are a Pentax ambassador. So you trudge online forums, gleefully pointing out to people that you know something they don't. Is that your idea of representing Pentax? And frivolously telling people you will kill them if they found out about what you know? I am seriously gonna have a word with Pentax about you.

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
That is a different story

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 05:07 PM ----------

Eh, my source is Pentax

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 05:08 PM ----------

I could show you the spec-sheet..But then i had to kill you afterwards
02-06-2015, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #141
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is NOT any replacement for the KS-1, even though the name suggest so. This is a totally different camera, with other features, even a few new ones. KS-2 will be a VERY interesting camera
QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
Do you have an official source confirming this categorically formulated claim of yours?
His average so far has been really good.
02-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #142
Veteran Member

I could show you the spec-sheet..But then i had to kill you afterwards
The are PMs

02-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
The are PMs
Hehe, i cant take that risk. But not long until everything around KS-2 is official anyway!
02-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I can't speak for everyone, but these two lenses take away the excuses "why I have to leave Pentax." for all but the most serious pros. Having 150-450mm 5.6 available with DC AF is just as good as it gets, from my perspective.
Indeed, so much so that I have already been totalling up what I can get for my 7D, 17-55mm 2.8, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm MKII 2.8, 100-400mm, 400mm f5.6 and 300mm f2.8 in preparation for the new body and lenses.

Last edited by Mike.P®; 02-06-2015 at 09:24 AM.
02-06-2015, 09:18 AM - 2 Likes   #145
Pentaxian

It wasn't difficult to track you down online. I see you are a Pentax ambassador. So you trudge online forums, gleefully pointing out to people that you know something they don't. Is that your idea of representing Pentax? And frivolously telling people you will kill them if they found out about what you know? I am seriously gonna have a word with Pentax about you.
Make sure you tell them that he has done an excellent job of countering the silly "Pentax is Doomed" stuff and helped people remain confident that Pentax does actually know what they are doing!!
02-06-2015, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #146
Veteran Member

Hopefully this is a joke.
02-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #147
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Make sure you tell them that he has done an excellent job of countering the silly "Pentax is Doomed" stuff and helped people remain confident that Pentax does actually know what they are doing!!
Things would have run their natural course without his 'help'.
02-06-2015, 09:20 AM - 4 Likes   #148
Veteran Member

You feel that its wrong of me to get people excited? That is your opinion. Other people think its nice. And when i use a afterwards, you dont get its a joke? Then i feel sorry for you. But do as you feel. Tell them i said hi!
02-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #149
Veteran Member

IMO, Ken probably has kept some from jumping ship. maybe pulled a few from the sea, and possibly brought some new ones on board.
02-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #150
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
I think on the FF, Ricoh deserves to have their name somewhere on the camera, don't you think .
They've been doing a very good job at bringing Pentax back to life.
I think if you look on the bottom of any Pentax Camera being manufactured you will see reference to Ricoh.