Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 204 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #166
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
The white one looks so good, finally they got the futuristic design totally right!
Yep! I sort of a want one now, just by the way it looks!

02-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #167
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
What is all the b****ing about having Ricoh on the cameras? My first Pentax had an Asahi logo on the front of the prism housing. Pentax was a model designation to differentiate it from the Asahiflex. A whole bunch of following models also had that logo on the prism housing ..... I don't care who made it - I'll get a K-3 one of these years to replace my K10D when she dies.
After all the fuss, when I got my K-3 I was surprised how small those five letters are.

I know a certain lady enthusiast / pro disagrees and it's a blast to read her posts - but they didn't project them inside the viewfinder, so who really cares?
02-06-2015, 09:54 AM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
When is the next embargo date Kenspo?
Before CP+
02-06-2015, 09:58 AM - 3 Likes   #169
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We seem to have some sour-pusses around here at the moment.

I think kenspo has been doing exactly the thing - playful, accurate hints that are convincing more and more people that Ricoh is very serious about its photography business. The Slough of Despond that so many Pentaxians have been in for so long is fading away, and actual HOPE is seen, both now and in the distance. Ricoh is gonna play BIG. Pentax is BACK.

I, for one, have bet on Pentax having FF (see my sig, with FA and A lenses piled up, starting a while ago). I won't be an early adopter of a FF camera (just got my K-3), but its coming for sure. I obviously will be getting new FF zoom lenses to fill out my FF stable - they'll be better than the ones that I currently have. Ricoh will love me for that. It's looking like a happier party for Pentaxians in the future.

Kenspo makes me happy, having been convincingly accurate with his hints (that are obviously constrained by NDA). He's not maliciously teasing us with bits of suspect info, but is more rallying the troops to the rebirth of the Pentax brand. Ricoh must be happy with his aiding in the change in the attitude of Pentaxians. I certainly am.

Smile, y'all

02-06-2015, 09:58 AM - 1 Like   #170

Hey, I always thought this forum is about fun, so please stay. Leaking this way is even more fun.
02-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #171
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Before CP+
Watch out, I might get a mirror flapping K-3 and stand machine gunnin' outside your bedroom window at night. Good luck sleeping, Oslo is not too far away...
02-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #172
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Ricoh must be happy with his aiding in the change in the attitude of Pentaxians. I certainly am.
Ricoh/Pentax is too..So

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 06:01 PM ----------

Watch out, I might get a mirror flapping K-3 and stand machine gunnin' outside your bedroom window at night. Good luck sleeping, Oslo is not too far away...
Haha, i will sleep with one eye open

02-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Ricoh/Pentax is too..So

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 06:01 PM ----------

Haha, i will sleep with one eye open
If I were you I would hide deep inside Dovre, a Swede like me can't survive much long there. Til Dovre Faller!
Are you working for Focus Nordic Ken?
02-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #174
Pentaxian

Ken, can you confirm that the name will be KS-2? I'm still hoping the leak is wrong and it will turn out to be K-60.
02-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Oh, I very much want a camera that doesn't look professional. I don't need "respect".
Thats why I love using my yellow K-01 People dont know what to make of it, are much less suspicious
02-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #176
Veteran Member

If I were you I would hide deep inside Dovre, a Swede like me can't survive much long there. Til Dovre Faller!
Are you working for Focus Nordic Ken?
I have grown up in a place like that

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 06:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
Ken, can you confirm that the name will be KS-2? I'm still hoping the leak is wrong and it will turn out to be K-60.
It will be named KS-2 yes.
02-06-2015, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Kenspo makes me happy, having been convincingly accurate with his hints (that are obviously constrained by NDA). He's not maliciously teasing us with bits of suspect info, but is more rallying the troops to the rebirth of the Pentax brand. Ricoh must be happy with his aiding in the change in the attitude of Pentaxians. I certainly am.
+++ At first I was concerned he would inadvertently get himself in trouble. It now appears Kenspo is implementing the term 'Ambassador' in a new and intended fashion.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe Ricoh just turned up the volume. It's time to party!!
02-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #178
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
I think those are actual images of the camera... so it is most probably KS-2... is not a KS-1 replacement from what some crazy sources are saying... so the name makes sense I guess.
02-06-2015, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #179
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Thats why I love using my yellow K-01 People dont know what to make of it, are much less suspicious
After getting hassled by a security guy for my "professional camera" (K100D with an 80's MF shorty zoom), I've preferred the colorful cameras, unless I'm doing "serious" work. I may have gotten some eyerolls from the Canikon crowd, but I don't care - I'm probably getting better shots with my toy camera than they are with their black blob.

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
That told me something about how the cameras is doing.
Unfortunately, we have close to zero visibility on how the K-S1 is doing in Japan. It was clearly designed and priced for the Japanese market, and since that is nearly 85% of Ricoh's camera sales (compared to about 3% for the US), that's where the K-S1 will be a success or failure. How it does in the US won't have much of an impact on the bottom line. With the collapse of the point-and-shoot segment, we had better hope the colorful toy cameras continue to be successful in Japan, because that's what funds development of the high-end stuff.
02-06-2015, 10:23 AM - 2 Likes   #180
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
It wasn't difficult to track you down online. I see you are a Pentax ambassador. So you trudge online forums, gleefully pointing out to people that you know something they don't. Is that your idea of representing Pentax? And frivolously telling people you will kill them if they found out about what you know? I am seriously gonna have a word with Pentax about you.
Make sure you tell them that he has been active in the forums doing a better job promoting the Pentax brand and its vision for he future than any other Pentax ambassador.

If you browse the forums you'll get to that same conclusion. Ken's a good guy, he's enthusiastic about Pentax and photography, and he knows what the future plans are. You might think it's a bad thing for him to spend his own personal time coming here and mingling with us, but I think a lot of us really appreciate him doing that.

Oh and tell them to make asahi man an ambassador as well. He's done more "ambassador type work" than the others prior to Ken ever did