Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 204 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #316
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Looking through the review database it appears like Gold is for *, Green for DA, Red for HD, Silver for DA L and old D FA. Gold can be found with Green.

Are there any HD * lenses?
Yep the DFA* 70-200/2.8 and is has green ring

02-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #317
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A quote from someone on Digicame-info.com

QuoteQuote:
There are answers to the blog's photo Yaotomi Kiten for color ring on the lens.

????????HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mmF4.5-5.6ED DC AW ???? !!! ?????? !!! - ??????????by????????

There was a reply from the manufacturer.
● now is unified in the "green line". The star lens as "gold", "green", will be the future in two colors system.
With that said ●, red line lens is so no longer.
● so that meaning is put in green, it seems to represent the "growth and development, nature and fresh".
It seems we are unified in the "green" in the future of the product.
So red is out and green is back

Last edited by D1N0; 02-07-2015 at 08:07 AM.
02-07-2015, 08:13 AM   #318
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
More information with colour variations.
The K-50 and Q7 come in bold colors, like red and yellow.

The K-S1 and Q-S1 come in more subtle colors, like champagne and just-a-touch-of-orange.
From your link, it appears that the -S2 will follow in the -S1 footsteps.
I wonder whether this reflects a change in Japanese tastes, or a change in Pentax's understanding, or something else.
It really doesn't matter to me, as long as something other than black is an option for me at a reasonable price.
02-07-2015, 08:20 AM - 5 Likes   #319
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
So basically the colour of the ring has no meaning
If they really have switched back to 'traditional' green, I think it means the guy who said, "Hey, let's change it to red!" is now sitting next to the guy who said, "Hey, let's put 'Ricoh' on the back!" over in the photocopier division.

PS: and Japanese Pentaxians didn't like the changes, either, and let it be known.
PPS: and Ricoh is capable of learning from their mis-steps.

Last edited by THoog; 02-07-2015 at 08:27 AM.
02-07-2015, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #320
Pentaxian

It sounds like they listened to everyone who complained about the red ring. Either red was a temporary differentiator, or it was an experiment that failed. Either way, I am happy to see green return as it is uniquely Pentax.
02-07-2015, 08:23 AM   #321
Pentaxian

My personal thoughts on the K-S1 are that it was not a waste because it allowed engineers to improve the process of fitting more electronics in a smaller place, which the FF will need in order to stay as small as it appears to be.
02-07-2015, 08:29 AM - 2 Likes   #322
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Thank you! All time i spend here, is on my own time. I could have done other things, but i feel its important to get some enthusiasm back into a great company Its not required by Ricoh for me to do this, but they like it and appreciate me for doing more then what it says on the contract.[COLOR="Silver"]
I am mostly a lurker on the Forum, because there are already dozens of "experts" who know how to run Ricoh/Pentax better than Ricoh/Pentax.
A well-deserved pat on the back for your efforts. Don't let those who cry for attention diminish your fine efforts.

02-07-2015, 08:49 AM   #323
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
I am mostly a lurker on the Forum, because there are already dozens of "experts" who know how to run Ricoh/Pentax better than Ricoh/Pentax.
A well-deserved pat on the back for your efforts. Don't let those who cry for attention diminish your fine efforts.
And a big thank you to Ken from the other side of the world, for injecting a large dose of enthusiasm into the Pentax ecosystem - I wish you all the best for your new relationship with Pentax.
02-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #324
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
PPS: and Ricoh is capable of learning from their mis-steps.
I think this is what is surprising me the most! The K-S1 with the LED lights? Quickly removed in K-S2. Red rings? Gone. FF? On its way! Who knows what's next, but it won't be easy on our wallets..

Last edited by Na Horuk; 02-07-2015 at 10:53 AM.
02-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #325
Pentaxian

Some ideas from the K-S1 are actually quite good, e.g. the Off/Stills/Video button with its green/red LED, and the new interface does appears more accessible to beginners.
02-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #326
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
It sounds like they listened to everyone who complained about the red ring. Either red was a temporary differentiator, or it was an experiment that failed. Either way, I am happy to see green return as it is uniquely Pentax.
I guess I'm the only one who liked the red rings. With that said, the green rings and green/gold combo on * lenses looks good too.
02-07-2015, 09:40 AM   #327
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

What I find intriguing about the K-S2 has nothing to do with the camera itself. It's that after the loooooong anticipated announcement of a FF, this thread seems to have more activity than any of the threads on it or the other newly announced gear.

As Spock would say...................... fascinating.
02-07-2015, 09:40 AM   #328
Pentaxian

I quite liked the red rings as well.
02-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #329
Pentaxian

The green ring looks good together with the green led around the shutter button...which turns red in video mode...

Maybe they are going to release a full lineup of dedicated cinema lenses and decided to keep the red ring for those :P
02-07-2015, 09:43 AM   #330
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
'finger grease' - disgusts me
Don't touch it. :P

That new lens is cute. I want it.

What I didn't understand about the K-S1 was the grip. Apart from being pretty, what are the benefits? It's not like it is saving any space by being so small, you just ruin ergonomics and have to use a small battery. I'm glad they do a version that doesn't have this issue, though it could be a bit more snazzy looking (as long as there is also a real K-50 successor). The small grip only has an advantage when you can make the mirror housing smaller, and that is impossible.