Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 204 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #346
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
I Photoshopped the KS-2 picture to make it look like how I wanted it to be - with more space for my thumb. Only thing reduced was the thickness of the LCD border. What do you think?
I'm not an engineer, but my understanding is that the LCD frame needs to be a certain size/strength; at least all of the articulating LCDs I've seen have hefty frames, which is why an articulated LCD adds to the size of a camera. So I don't know whether your changing the LCD frame is feasible or not; a tilting LCD would require less structure, so changing to that structure might be a better way of buying the space you want.

02-07-2015, 02:57 PM   #347
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm not an engineer, but my understanding is that the LCD frame needs to be a certain size/strength; at least all of the articulating LCDs I've seen have hefty frames, which is why an articulated LCD adds to the size of a camera. So I don't know whether your changing the LCD frame is feasible or not; a tilting LCD would require less structure, so changing to that structure might be a better way of buying the space you want.
I think Pentax could trim it down a bit - I think it's just a result of their first try.

Check out the T6i, and see how thin that is compared to the Ks-2
http://www.adorama.com/images/large/icat6ik1_1.jpg
02-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #348
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
I think Pentax could trim it down a bit - I think it's just a result of their first try.

Check out the T6i, and see how thin that is compared to the Ks-2
http://www.adorama.com/images/large/icat6ik1_1.jpg
Is the Canon T6i weather-sealed?
02-07-2015, 03:58 PM - 2 Likes   #349

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax should have skipped the K-S1 and just launched this instead.
No they shouldn't, the K-S1 suits me just fine. I don't want tilty screen, touchscreen, wi-fi, two control wheels, or, indeed, even live-view or video. I want good IQ in a lightweight package. Which is what I've got.

Still, I'm glad to see that Ricoh is pressing on. More power to their dildo, err, elbow.

---------- Post added 07-02-15 at 23:07 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
I think that's the idea ... just quietly forget all about the K-S1

In years to come Ricoh will suddenly delete all information about the K-S1 from it's archives, never to be seen again.

BTW Adam, ... any chance you could include the word Dooooomed (and all variations) in the swear filter, it was mildly amusing the first time but now it's just bloody annoying and only used by those who have nothing of interest to say.
BTW Adam, ... any chance you can auto-delete posts by people who sneer at the K-S1. Such posts were mildly amusing the first time but now they're just bloody annoying and only used by those who have nothing of interest to say. If you can manage to auto-cancel their accounts too that would be just extra special.

02-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #350

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Maybe Ricoh put a "lip" on the screen so you can turn it over or push it in without leaving greasy thumbprint on the screen.
02-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #351
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clothears Quote
No they shouldn't, the K-S1 suits me just fine. I don't want tilty screen, touchscreen, wi-fi, two control wheels, or, indeed, even live-view or video. I want good IQ in a lightweight package. Which is what I've got.

Still, I'm glad to see that Ricoh is pressing on. More power to their dildo, err, elbow.

BTW Adam, ... any chance you can auto-delete posts by people who sneer at the K-S1. Such posts were mildly amusing the first time but now they're just bloody annoying and only used by those who have nothing of interest to say. If you can manage to auto-cancel their accounts too that would be just extra special.
I think the K-S1 is super attractive and I love love love the design. The fact that it's a very high-functioning dSLR is delightful! ... But I do want tilty screen, and I do want WiFi. :-) I've been wanting tilty screen cameras ever since I started looking through a viewfinder. (Bless the MX-1.)

The K-S2 is the one for me!
02-07-2015, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #352
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

We don't delete posts simply because someone doesn't like them. I have to think you wouldn't be happy if your account were canceled just because 100% of the members didn't agree with everything you wrote.

02-07-2015, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #353
Pentaxian

I have a mortal enemy it seems. See you in the thunderdome!

Last edited by D1N0; 02-07-2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: typo
02-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #354
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
We don't delete posts simply because someone doesn't like them. I have to think you wouldn't be happy if your account were canceled just because 100% of the members didn't agree with everything you wrote.
I think he was being sarcastic. Leastways that's how I took it.

NaCl(not everything is serious)H2O
02-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #355
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Well, it's great to see that there's at least one person on the site that's enjoying the K-S1! After having used it myself I would never pick it over the K-50 or even the K-500 due to the handling issues, but if the K-50 didn't exist (it will almost surely be discontinued soon), then the K-S1 would make more sense in the lineup IMO. The sensor in the K-S1 is pretty darn good for an entry-level camera and I can't complain about a best-in-class viewfinder, either

We don't censor content or delete negative feedback, but you can certainly add annoying users to your ignore list or use our ignore thread feature so that entire threads won't show up in your searches.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-07-2015, 05:22 PM   #356
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
They list 36 attributes for it, but Weather Resistant is not one of them.
02-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #357
Pentaxian

Between red and green rings, Ricoh listened to the feedback of its users. A lot of us didn't like the red rings though I personally like red over the green; and now they have stated that green will be the standard color. The feedback on the 'Ricoh' label at back of the K-3 which was removed from other cameras after also came from the users. Now, the FF is coming and for sure they also listened to the feedback of their customers. I like the way they do things. I think one of the best source for feedback that they are using is this forum.
02-07-2015, 06:10 PM - 2 Likes   #358
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I think one of the best source for feedback that they are using is this forum.
They must be mighty confused then!
02-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #359
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I think he was being sarcastic......
I sure hope so.
02-07-2015, 07:28 PM   #360
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Well, it's great to see that there's at least one person on the site that's enjoying the K-S1! After having used it myself I would never pick it over the K-50 or even the K-500 due to the handling issues, but if the K-50 didn't exist (it will almost surely be discontinued soon), then the K-S1 would make more sense in the lineup IMO. The sensor in the K-S1 is pretty darn good for an entry-level camera and I can't complain about a best-in-class viewfinder, either

We don't censor content or delete negative feedback, but you can certainly add annoying users to your ignore list or use our ignore thread feature so that entire threads won't show up in your searches.
I think there are actually FIVE people enjoying the K-S1! (Sadly, I think I can name them off the top of my head.)

I have to wonder if the response to the K-S1 would have been very different if the FF and/or KS-2 had been leaked first. Perhaps it would have been more of a "Oh, entry level. Looks funny. Whatever." instead of "HOW DARE THEY???"

In Clothears' defense, he was spoofing MikeP's request for a filter to remove "Pentax Is Doomed" from threads. He took it a little further, tho'. Okay, a lot further.