Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #436
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
we already saw a transition in this thinking with the K-30 gaining colors beyond black and then the K-50 came out in multiple colors on it's launch date.
Huh? The only change was making multiple colors available in the US - they've been available in Japan all along. IIRC, the color history is something like this:

K-m/K2000 : Black at first, then a limited edition olive green (not in US), then the famous white "Stormtrooper" (both non-US and US).
K-x: Launched in US with Black/White/Navy, eight colors in Japan with custom options.
K-r: Launched in US and Europe with Black/White/Red, later five more colors in Europe, all twelve in Japan with custom options. All eight became available in US very late in cycle (I think WalMart online still has some purple ones).
K-30: Launched in US with Black/White/Crystal Blue, eight colors in Japan in satin and crystal versions, with custom options. All 16 colors became available in US just before the K-50 launched.
K-50: Launched in US with Black/White/Red, with ability to special order custom colors.

Last edited by THoog; 02-09-2015 at 09:09 AM.
02-09-2015, 08:07 AM   #437
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Huh? The only change was making multiple colors available in the US - they've been available in Japan all along. IIRC, the color history is something like this:

K-m/K2000 : Black at first, then a limited edition olive green (not in US), then the famous white "Stormtrooper" (both non-US and US).
K-x: Launched in US with Black/White/Navy, eight colors in Japan with custom options.
K-r: Launched in US and Europe with Black/White/Red, later five more colors in Europe, all eight in Japan with custom options. All eight became available in US very late in cycle (I think WalMart online still has some purple ones).
K-30: Launched in US with Black/White/Crystal Blue, eight colors in Japan in satin and crystal versions, with custom options. All 16 colors became available in US just before the K-50 launched.
K-50: Launched in US with Black/White/Red, with ability to special order custom colors.
Thanks. I mis-stated what I meant. Unless I'm wrong (quite possible), it's only recently we've seen mufti-colored models instead of just models available in a few colors. Does that make more sense?

And sorry for being so unclear!
02-09-2015, 08:20 AM   #438

If the K-S2 has interval shooting, an AC adapter jack and USB tethering I would seriously consider this camera as an upgrade for my K10D. Lack of those on the K-S1 made it Not-For-Me. If I had a more current flagship I would have considered the K-S1 as a second body. More advanced tethering via WiFi (e.g. interval/time-lapse) would work if the apps could run on a PC or Mac would work instead of USB.

More colors would be nice.
02-09-2015, 08:55 AM   #439
Veteran Member

Found this Russian link which shows the new DAL version of the retractable lens, but also shows the KS2 in multiple colours ????? ??????????? Pentax K-S2 ? SMC PENTAX-DA L 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE - 7 ??????? 2015

02-09-2015, 09:03 AM   #440
Veteran Member

Why not! ;-)
02-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #441
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
If the K-S2 has interval shooting, an AC adapter jack and USB tethering I would seriously consider this camera as an upgrade for my K10D. Lack of those on the K-S1 made it Not-For-Me. If I had a more current flagship I would have considered the K-S1 as a second body. More advanced tethering via WiFi (e.g. interval/time-lapse) would work if the apps could run on a PC or Mac would work instead of USB.

More colors would be nice.
I'm pretty sure it will have an AC option (there's a rubber plug in the same place as the K-30/50), but I think it's in the form of a dummy battery with a cord.

Maybe we will see additional color "collections" later, like the K-S1. Be careful what you wish for! ('Sweets' collection, anyone?)
02-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #442
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
Found this Russian link which shows the new DAL version of the retractable lens, but also shows the KS2 in multiple colours ????? ??????????? Pentax K-S2 ? SMC PENTAX-DA L 18-50mm F4-5.6 DC WR RE - 7 ??????? 2015
Looking great! I like the white and grey with green shoes! ^_^ I hope they get even more wild!

Thanks so much for sharing.

02-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #443
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Supports O-GPS1 GPS unit

(I have corrected my previous post)

In Photo Rumors it is stated as:

•Built-in GPS unit O-GPS1

I wonder what that really means. Maybe we will know tomorrow. It looks like a great upgrade though.
02-09-2015, 09:42 AM   #444
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
It's not the smc DA L version but the HD DA one: you can read HD on the top right of the picture.

The other pictures with the multiple colours are identical to those provided by Digital Camera Info two days ago, see for instance

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
More information with colour variations.

Google Translate

Looks like a new WG camera is coming too.

---------- Post added 02-07-15 at 01:14 PM ----------

And also there will be a separate HD version of the kit lens! I might be interested in that.

Last edited by Mistral75; 02-09-2015 at 09:50 AM.
02-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #445
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimC1101 Quote

I wonder what that really means. Maybe we will know tomorrow. It looks like a great upgrade though.
It means they don't have a clue?
02-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #446
Veteran Member

I wonder as well because we had a seller dumping O-GPS1 units at $125ish this weekend on eBay (lowest for BNIB I have ever seen).
02-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #447

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
K-S2 will have one neat feature, that i cant see mentioned above. I havent heard any other dslr that have this..But correct me if im wrong..AFTER all the specs are out there :P hehe

Wil all be revealed at CP+ ?
02-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #448
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by timcatn Quote
Wil all be revealed at CP+ ?
I think tomorrow.
02-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #449
Pentaxian

He mentions the spec sheet, so i think we just have to wait till 23:00 CET, if i am not mistaken that's 5 hours. But i'm not good with timezone conversion :P
02-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #450
Pentaxian

I wonder what that really means. (...).
A translation error. Photo Rumors clearly states:

"Via Digicame-info"

and Digital Camera Info is pretty clear on this topic:

"- GPSユニットO-GPS1対応"

which means (literally translated) "GPS unit O-GPS1 support"