Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #526

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
The EM-5 II aperture control during recording is a joke though. You have to touch yourself through the menu on the touchscreen to use the touchscreen for aperture control... the dials are disabled.

Wait a minute. The bottom of the camera is orange? Of the... black version? It looks cool, though I'm not sure I'd want that.

If it were able to output 4K they would surely have mentioned it.

Video... takes, erm, a video. 24, 25, 30 fps, ... Interval video: Takes a photo every, say, 1 second, puts them in a video file.
Standard options in black are black or black with orange bottom.

Sports options in black are black with racing stripes or black with pink bottom.

(see specs and color options)
Pentax K-S2 Officially Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

4K video is in Interval mode.

---------- Post added 02-09-15 at 05:18 PM ----------

The AA battery adapter for K30 and others:

02-09-2015, 06:20 PM - 2 Likes   #527
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I want to pre order it. The stone gray kit with the collapsible lens is in my cart at B&H. Am I gonna feel stupid when it's $200 cheaper in a few months? Guys, I need some guidance.
Just think of the $200 as rent for the months you have it and get to enjoy it - while everyone else is waiting for the price to come down.

From one who knows. I pre-ordered the K-01 - and I never looked back.
02-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #528
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Standard options in black are black or black with orange bottom.

Sports options in black are black with racing stripes or black with pink bottom.

(see specs and color options)
Pentax K-S2 Officially Announced - Pentax Announcements | PentaxForums.com

4K video is in Interval mode.
My internet connection isn't good enough to load that page, but it sounds good.

Anything about video SR? Composition adjustment bracketing? At this point I do not want to invest in any kind of Pentax gear until Pentax has implemented at least video SR, and if they won't do it when I need a new camera I'll switch brands. It's just not a good sign. When will anyone get ahold of the camera?

Heck, Olympus has produced a very good looking video just to show off their video SR. They advertise the feature, because it will sell the camera. Pentax could do it, won't do it.
02-09-2015, 06:38 PM - 2 Likes   #529
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Just think of the $200 as rent for the months you have it and get to enjoy it - while everyone else is waiting for the price to come down.

From one who knows. I pre-ordered the K-01 - and I never looked back.
And I ordered the K-3 the day it was announced. Never regretted it.

02-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #530
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I'm the wrong guy to ask for help on that - I'm more of the "how much is each day worth to experience having it, compared to NOT having it" and "it's only money" mentality. I will say your K-30 is an excellent camera and will be for years, and the K-S2 will probably be old enough that there will be some pretty good deals come Black Friday.

PS: The Stone Gray is my favorite so far, too... the neon bottom plates just don't do anything for me. Is it an age thing? The yellow side plate on the Midnight Black K-S1 didn't appeal to me, either, but some said it was their favorite.
The pain and anguish!? Are they worth it!!? I've decided I'm going to wait until after CP+ to place my pre-order, so that I can hopefully see the different color combos in peoples' hands. I love the white, but I don't like the way the screen looks on the white body. I think it looks better on dark. Which makes barely any sense, since I have the white K-30.... but the K-30 kind of has a black border around the LCD... Right now, "stone gray" is several lengths ahead of the others... This is fun. :-)
02-09-2015, 07:08 PM   #531
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Video... takes, erm, a video. 24, 25, 30 fps, ... Interval video: Takes a photo every, say, 1 second, puts them in a video file.
Ah yes, thanks for reminding me, but the resulting video file is 4K yes? With the advent of 4K about to become more usual, this must mean peoples computers will need beefy specs. to handle the 4K, interesting times to come for sure.
02-09-2015, 07:47 PM   #532
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Ah yes, thanks for reminding me, but the resulting video file is 4K yes? With the advent of 4K about to become more usual, this must mean peoples computers will need beefy specs. to handle the 4K, interesting times to come for sure.
Yes. 4K MJPEG if older Pentaxes are any indication. But is it that useful? If I shoot timelapses, I might as well shoot raw files. More resolution, I can later pan around in the video for some movement, I can adjust the images better... to me it sounds more like a way to print 4K on the box than something that is actually useful.

02-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #533
Veteran Member

The pain and anguish!? Are they worth it!!? I've decided I'm going to wait until after CP+ to place my pre-order, so that I can hopefully see the different color combos in peoples' hands. I love the white, but I don't like the way the screen looks on the white body. I think it looks better on dark. Which makes barely any sense, since I have the white K-30.... but the K-30 kind of has a black border around the LCD... Right now, "stone gray" is several lengths ahead of the others... This is fun. :-)
Remember when I said this earlier? I'm over it. I ordered the gray one. So far, I feel pretty good about it.

The announcement on the PF homepage says they're shipping in April? But both B&H and Adorama have them penciled in for the end of the February? Maybe I just don't understand what I'm reading. February seems like huge advance to start asking for pre-orders on a product that ships in April, but... c'est la vie.
02-09-2015, 09:51 PM   #534
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes. 4K MJPEG if older Pentaxes are any indication. But is it that useful? If I shoot timelapses, I might as well shoot raw files. More resolution, I can later pan around in the video for some movement, I can adjust the images better... to me it sounds more like a way to print 4K on the box than something that is actually useful.
Yeah I don't know, for me, I don't use the video feature of the cameras, just trying to understand what they are doing. I'm sure this is a test for them to eventually include of 4K video in the DSLR.
02-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #535
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remember when I said this earlier? I'm over it. I ordered the gray one. So far, I feel pretty good about it.

The announcement on the PF homepage says they're shipping in April? But both B&H and Adorama have them penciled in for the end of the February? Maybe I just don't understand what I'm reading. February seems like huge advance to start asking for pre-orders on a product that ships in April, but... c'est la vie.
Well, you held out for about three hours - that counts as admirable self-control in some circles. I hope it ships soon, and you have a blast "playing pictures" with it!
02-09-2015, 11:31 PM   #536
Veteran Member

What features are actually less than the K3 for the K-S2?
02-09-2015, 11:47 PM   #537
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
What features are actually less than the K3 for the K-S2?
FPS, megapixel count, no top LCD, a couple fewer buttons/switches...I'm sure there's some stuff I'm missing. But the K-S2 certainly seems to be a great and complete camera in its own right.
02-10-2015, 01:01 AM   #538
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Ah but the 109 AA battery holder already exists.
Aaah, ok..I still have a thing or two to learn about Pentax But im getting there!
02-10-2015, 01:10 AM   #539
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Aaah, ok..I still have a thing or two to learn about Pentax But im getting there!
Yep, now repeat after me ... "Pentax - is - doomed!".

Nicely done ... spoken like a native! :-)
02-10-2015, 01:17 AM - 1 Like   #540
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yep, now repeat after me ... "Pentax - is - doomed!".

Nicely done ... spoken like a native! :-)
I am too positive to get that word in my mouth..sorry