Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 109 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Which competitor do they plan to knock over first?

02-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #62
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by discharged Quote
are there any plans to create a new autofocus adapter like the old SMC pentax-F 1.7x AF?
They already did last year. Look for our review of the DA 1.4x converter.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #63
Veteran Member

We have seen Pentax come out with models without AA filters, any possibility of seeing any models with a weak/no "hot filter" for those who like to do astrophotography?
02-06-2015, 08:30 PM - 3 Likes   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ofer4 Quote
Technologies are as much about systems as they are about gadgets. Will Pentax be making any changes at the "user service" level (repairs, support) in order to increase their professional footprint, along with the release of the new camera(s)?
I HIGHLY SUPPORT this question!
We may now have a full frame digital camera, and a lot of professionals out there are very interested about it, but the lack of easy access, reliable, and professional service center and customer support is a big deal breaker for the majority of the professionals.

02-06-2015, 08:54 PM - 12 Likes   #65
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As in previous years, we plan on interviewing Ricoh Imaging representatives at CP+ 2015. Our focus will of course be Pentax products and the photo industry.

Please use this thread to suggest interview questions. Remember:
  • One question per post (posts with more than one question will be ignored)
  • Don't ask about unreleased products / specs (these questions won't be answered)
  • Please limit suggestions to topics of general interest rather than your personal wishlist/concerns
Adam, I would like to suggest a rather unique feature to Ricoh for their upcoming FF camera. It regards a DA lens mounted on an FF sensor and how you can create two cropped shooting modes in addition to the regular cropped mode that would make great use of the available sensor area. Please take a look at the following sketch and let me know whether you think this is worth mentioning to Ricoh. Imagine being able to jump to any of the 3 cropped modes illustrated on the right while looking through the viewfinder or at the rear screen by simply pressing a button or turning a wheel. I don't think any of the current camera makers has this simple feature on offer.

Last edited by donfenix; 02-06-2015 at 09:15 PM.
02-06-2015, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by donfenix Quote
Adam, I would like to suggest a rather unique feature to Ricoh for their upcoming FF camera. It regards a DA lens mounted on an FF sensor and how you can create two cropped shooting modes that make great use of the available sensor area. Please take a look at the following and let me know whether you think this is worth mentioning.
They can call it the FENIX I Crop system
02-06-2015, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam, I would like to suggest a rather unique feature to Ricoh for their upcoming FF camera. It regards a DA lens mounted on an FF sensor and how you can create two cropped shooting modes in addition to the regular cropped mode that would make great use of the available sensor area. Please take a look at the following sketch and let me know whether you think this is worth mentioning to Ricoh. Imagine being able to jump to any of the 3 cropped modes illustrated on the right while looking through the viewfinder or at the rear screen by simply pressing a button or turning a wheel. I don't think any of the current camera makers has this simple feature on offer.
Fantastic idea!

02-06-2015, 09:58 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's somewhat similar to what Panasonic does in some of their cameras, like the LX100 and LX7.
02-06-2015, 11:00 PM   #69
Veteran Member

How does Ricoh view its relationship with its user base?

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 10:01 PM ----------

What role, if any, does Pentax's history play in current decisions and strategies by Ricoh?

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 10:02 PM ----------

What role do SLR's play in the future of photography?

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 10:02 PM ----------

Which current Ricoh product is the one about which they are most excited?

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 10:03 PM ----------

Why should I chose Ricoh products over another brand?

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 10:03 PM ----------

What is one thing they'd like the world to know about the Theta camera?
02-06-2015, 11:21 PM - 1 Like   #70
Veteran Member

Firmware updates for 5 years?

Many customers were very happy to see Ricoh significantly extend the functionality of the GR camera with firmware updates.

Will Ricoh consider extending the functionality of Pentax digital SLRs by means of similar firmware updates, that provide bug fixes and enhanced functionality? Perhaps commit to supporting a camera with firmware updates for five years or more (that would make Ricoh stand out among the crowd and reinforce Pentax as a premium brand).

Last edited by Gray; 02-06-2015 at 11:26 PM.
02-07-2015, 12:11 AM - 1 Like   #71
Forum Member

What has Ricoh learned from their experience managing the Pentax system over the last year?
02-07-2015, 12:27 AM - 2 Likes   #72
Veteran Member

Very interesting idea, especially not having to turn the camera to shoot portrait orientation.

In the OVF, Pentax might consider overlaying an LCD panel, which could darken at the appropriate zones to "mask" what the photographer sees, to match what will be captured.

In fact, they could even allow a viewable area slightly larger than actually captured, like what happens with rangefinders - many say that this characteristic of rangefinders actually enhances the creative/mental process when framing for a shot.

Could be a great feature for Pentax, here....
02-07-2015, 12:28 AM - 1 Like   #73
Veteran Member

How does Pentax plan to integrate their forthcoming product lines with the technologies that the younger, upcoming market use? Specifically, tablets, smart phones, and app-based software are areas where traditional camera makers have all been weak.

---------- Post added 02-06-15 at 11:30 PM ----------

Imagine being able to jump to any of the 3 cropped modes illustrated on the right while looking through the viewfinder or at the rear screen by simply pressing a button or turning a wheel
I'd be extra interested in buying a camera that took three different aspect ratios of the same scene at once. I'd also like it if it took an uncropped at the same time. That would be rally useful and versatile.
02-07-2015, 01:23 AM - 1 Like   #74
ogl
Banned

Square crop mode is very good idea. I use 1:1 rather often.
02-07-2015, 01:35 AM   #75

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They already did last year. Look for our review of the DA 1.4x converter.
No that is a TC where your AF on lenses still work. The thing I was refering to is an adapter that makes it possible to autofocus with old K,M,A lenses.