Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 109 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2015, 02:24 PM   #151
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
IOW - will the new FF body support screwdrive lenses?
"Should we save some $1 by launching a camera with at most 5 officially "full frame" lenses and another 4 compatible ones, or should we have 8-10 more, plus a second hand market?"
It's a very difficult decision. NOT!

02-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #152
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"Should we save some $1 by launching a camera with at most 5 officially "full frame" lenses and another 4 compatible ones, or should we have 8-10 more, plus a second hand market?"
It's a very difficult decision. NOT!
Geez - I'm one of the good guys. I expect it will have a motor.

Privately I can explain how it might make sense NOT to have a motor (but it will have a motor - [EDIT] it has a FA31 mounted on the reference demo).

Last edited by monochrome; 02-12-2015 at 03:38 AM.
02-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #153
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
If no one has thought of this, we should point-blank ask "Is Pentax doomed?"
Hahaha. That's genius. The correct answer would be a big laugh and "0no, we have big plans and many exciting upcoming products we can't wait to share with you". Not sure how the Japanese would see such a question though
02-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #154
Pentaxian

Geez - I'm one of the good guys. I expect it will have a motor.

Privately I can explain how it might make sense NOT to have a motor (but it will have a motor).
I know you're one of the good guys
My response is more for people who would read that and take it the wrong way - as an actual possibility.

02-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #155
Pentaxian

Privately I can explain how it might make sense NOT to have a motor (but it will have a motor).
You may be able to provide one or two reasons in favour of excluding a built-in screw-drive motor, but it will never make sense to actually omit it.

I predict that if Ricoh were actually releasing the FF model without a built-in screw drive motor, more than one additional NoodleLow blog would be born. With the wrath of loyal Pentaxians ensuing, Ricoh could might as well declare the brand "Pentax" history straight away.
02-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #156
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Is Ricoh commited to continued support screw drive lenses?
This.
02-11-2015, 07:07 PM   #157
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not sure if it's been included but can you ask if there will be future support for SDXC UHS-II class 3 cards... I.e 250MB/s write speeds....

02-12-2015, 12:44 AM - 1 Like   #158
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Will they include aperture simulator in the upcoming FF ?
02-12-2015, 03:39 AM   #159
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I know you're one of the good guys
My response is more for people who would read that and take it the wrong way - as an actual possibility.
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
You may be able to provide one or two reasons in favour of excluding a built-in screw-drive motor, but it will never make sense to actually omit it.

I predict that if Ricoh were actually releasing the FF model without a built-in screw drive motor, more than one additional NoodleLow blog would be born. With the wrath of loyal Pentaxians ensuing, Ricoh could might as well declare the brand "Pentax" history straight away.
There's an FA31 mounted on the reference demo. That ought to say something.
02-12-2015, 03:50 AM   #160
Pentaxian

Do you think that (and the reintroduction of the two old FA lenses on the roadmap, and the screw drive switch on the mock-up, and the inclusion of screw drive AF support on all their camera etc.) can stop the speculations?
02-12-2015, 04:04 AM   #161
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
... a physical AF-switch ... is only needed with an in body AF drive.
Not true.

Do you think that (and the reintroduction of the two old FA lenses on the roadmap, and the screw drive switch on the mock-up, and the inclusion of screw drive AF support on all their camera etc.) can stop the speculations?
+1

Of course, a future FF body will support screw drive, for multiple reasons. Because it is the flagship model, must support FA lenses, and has enough space due to the bulkier AF module (body must protrude more below the lens mount).

I don't think this even deserves being asked as a question.
02-12-2015, 04:07 AM   #162
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Not true.

explain? And it better not be a nit picker answer because you feel a need to be überright.
02-12-2015, 04:35 AM   #163
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
explain? And it better not be a nit picker answer because you feel a need to be überright.
Maybe you should explain? I don't understand the reasoning behind your claim. You might have had a point if all lenses with in-lens AF had an AF switch. But they don't.
02-12-2015, 04:41 AM   #164
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Maybe you should explain? I don't understand the reasoning behind your claim. You might have had a point if all lenses with in-lens AF had an AF switch. But they don't.
How bloody hard can it be. a physical AF switch.
02-12-2015, 04:42 AM   #165
Pentaxian

With the announcement of FF for Pentax, will RICOH still produce high end apsc like K-3? Or will it be only Pentax FF with crop mode?