Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2015, 05:33 AM   #76
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Just checked and the K-S2 kits at B&H show the SMC on the camera photo, but the description says:
"Bundled with the camera is the compact HD PENTAX DA 18-50mm f/4.0-5.6 DC WR RE Lens"

Yesterday I pre-orderd the Black/Orange 2 lens kit, the other lens is the 50-200 ED WR, for $799, and didn't notice the lens photo, only went by the description.
If it's not the HD 18-50, and WR 50-200 I will not be happy
You may want to call and ask because their Ad says "18-55 & 50-200" that I just got.

02-11-2015, 06:02 AM   #77
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,571
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
You may want to call and ask because their Ad says "18-55 & 50-200" that I just got.
Guess I'm not understanding what you're saying.

The listing says "Pentax K-S2 DSLR Camera with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Lenses (Black/Orange)"
Pentax K-S2 DSLR Camera with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Lenses 13218
02-11-2015, 06:21 AM   #78
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Guess I'm not understanding what you're saying.

The listing says "Pentax K-S2 DSLR Camera with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Lenses (Black/Orange)"
Pentax K-S2 DSLR Camera with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Lenses 13218
The ad I got for the two lens combination for the new camera listed the lens as an 18-55 (the old format) NOT the 18-50. I think there is confusion in B&Hland about this new change in the lens lineup is all I am saying.
02-11-2015, 06:28 AM   #79
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,216
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Just checked and the K-S2 kits at B&H show the SMC on the camera photo, but the description says:
"Bundled with the camera is the compact HD PENTAX DA 18-50mm f/4.0-5.6 DC WR RE Lens"

Yesterday I pre-orderd the Black/Orange 2 lens kit, the other lens is the 50-200 ED WR, for $799, and didn't notice the lens photo, only went by the description.
If it's not the HD 18-50, and WR 50-200 I will not be happy
HD version will be sold separately



Have a look at the kit lens - it's SMS DA-L

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Guess I'm not understanding what you're saying.

The listing says "Pentax K-S2 DSLR Camera with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Lenses (Black/Orange)"
Pentax K-S2 DSLR Camera with 18-50mm & 50-200mm Lenses 13218


02-11-2015, 06:45 AM   #80
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,571
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The ad I got for the two lens combination for the new camera listed the lens as an 18-55 (the old format) NOT the 18-50. I think there is confusion in B&Hland about this new change in the lens lineup is all I am saying.
Got ya.
I linked via Adams post with the list of offerings.
Yes, much confusion.

edit, contacted them via email, will most likely be canceling my order.
Thanks to all for pointing out the two different lens models.
Too much (good) news coming out lately, hard to keep track.

Last edited by robtcorl; 02-11-2015 at 07:02 AM.
02-11-2015, 09:03 AM   #81
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,211
QuoteOriginally posted by jedie Quote
Lens arrangement 11 sheets group 8 -> Same as the old 18-55... Hm...
Yes but the AL II had a different arrangement. The WR was a slight improvement on the AL II mainly because of the WR. This one could be an improvement.
02-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #82
Pentaxian
redrockcoulee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 2,132
I have not noticed an expected date for sales of this lens. Have I missed it only a date has not been given? The more I think of this lens the more I think it would be great to have before our trip to the Islands off of Scotland this May and June
02-11-2015, 12:16 PM   #83
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
I have not noticed an expected date for sales of this lens. Have I missed it only a date has not been given? The more I think of this lens the more I think it would be great to have before our trip to the Islands off of Scotland this May and June
3/6 in Japan and a projected date of 3/10 in the US from what I can find.

02-11-2015, 01:19 PM   #84
Pentaxian
redrockcoulee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Medicine Hat
Posts: 2,132
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
3/6 in Japan and a projected date of 3/10 in the US from what I can find.
Thanks

That gives me almost two months to read reviews and buy the lens.
02-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #85
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 53
I've preordered as it looks like a great backup lens for the Limited primes. I tend to carry a WR lens in case of inclement weather as the Ltds aren't sealed. This is small enough to carry without needing to think about it. DC is the icing.
Wish the Ltds were DC and WR.
02-12-2015, 08:09 AM   #86
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by NickC Quote
I've preordered as it looks like a great backup lens for the Limited primes. I tend to carry a WR lens in case of inclement weather as the Ltds aren't sealed. This is small enough to carry without needing to think about it. DC is the icing.
Wish the Ltds were DC and WR.
That sounds like a plan. I'm using the 18-135 as my general purpose WR lens and will only go with the 18-50 if the IQ is better in its range than the 18-135 (or some other unforeseen benefit is discovered.revealed).
02-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #87
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Posts: 755
I like the size of it. I carry my camera most places. I usually use the 24 with the redline or the 40 pancake to keep a low profile.
02-17-2015, 02:01 PM   #88
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmore, KY
Posts: 349
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Got ya.
I linked via Adams post with the list of offerings.
Yes, much confusion.

edit, contacted them via email, will most likely be canceling my order.
Thanks to all for pointing out the two different lens models.
Too much (good) news coming out lately, hard to keep track.
For what it's worth, the Ricoh "Pentax Store" has the KS2 kit with the HD DA 18-50 lens, with the hood, featured for $799. I looked at the whole product description and it seems that the Pentax combination kit has the HD lens, at least as advertised on the Ricoh site.
02-17-2015, 10:39 PM   #89
Veteran Member
devorama's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 638
QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
For what it's worth, the Ricoh "Pentax Store" has the KS2 kit with the HD DA 18-50 lens, with the hood, featured for $799. I looked at the whole product description and it seems that the Pentax combination kit has the HD lens, at least as advertised on the Ricoh site.
Interesting. However, they picture the SMC DA-L lens in the picture.
02-18-2015, 12:21 AM   #90
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,120
I know there's some conflicting info from stores, including the ever-incompetent Pentax Webstore (US), but the official press release from Ricoh Imaging USA states that it is the "smc PENTAX-DA L 18-50mmF4-5.6 DC WR RE" that comes with the K-S2.

Forget about what store listings are saying.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
18-50mm, 50-200mm, blades, bokeh, camera, dc, f/5.6, f4-5.6, f4-5.6 dc wr, flickr, hd, hd pentax-da 18-50mm, hood, k-s2, kit, lens, lenses, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax-da, pentax-da 18-50mm f4-5.6, photo, strings, wr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD Pentax-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR: A Closer Look Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 10 09-16-2014 08:22 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax SMC DA 18-135 mm F/3.5-5.6 DC WR Lens jmsjames Sold Items 2 01-13-2014 09:47 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax DA 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 ED AL (IF) DC WR tele_pathic Sold Items 2 08-12-2013 04:44 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top