Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2015, 11:45 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
How about the fonts in this version?

PENTAX K-S2 VIDEO (日本語) - YouTube
As an anime fan, I'm very used to Japanese voiceovers. I love it!

Font still needs work.

02-11-2015, 02:22 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I thought the "Fonts" .... or words written in the ad were very good and convey the features of the camera. You have to remember that people who are deaf also buy cameras, and would not hear the voice of the voice-over guy ......no matter how deep it is !

Fonts are needed, fonts are good.

For the love of God ! Why do I have to explain such basic stuff on here. Plus, I think I may have too much time on my hands, I could be taking pictures or hanging out my washing. I'll go hang my washing now !
02-11-2015, 03:27 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zoolander Quote
Fonts are needed, fonts are good.

For the love of God ! Why do I have to explain such basic stuff on here. Plus, I think I may have too much time on my hands, I could be taking pictures or hanging out my washing. I'll go hang my washing now !
It's not that the fonts are needed or not needed, it's that the fonts are in ugly Times New Roman.

It may seem nitpicky, but clearly it's noticeable given the reaction to it. Marketers and designers should know this.

It's all in the details!

I should add, that is my problem with "the fonts". Maybe the others have issues with the fonts.

FONTS FONTS FONTS

If you say a word enough times over and over, it loses all meaning.
02-11-2015, 04:12 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool ad, and while the look of the fonts are debatable, it seems the title of the video itself is something -

"THE ULTIMATE FAMILY CAMERA, Pentax K-S2"

the K-S1 is supposed to be what again? The K-S2 is overkill for a "family" camera, but I daresay the image they're trying to project with it being WR (and almost an all-around camera) is great. Hope to see more videos and actual ads in the future!

02-11-2015, 05:05 AM   #20
Pentaxian

The ad is good. Stop silly complaints.

---------- Post added 02-11-2015 at 11:14 PM ----------

---------- Post added 02-11-2015 at 11:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
As an anime fan, I'm very used to Japanese voiceovers. I love it!
Font still needs work.
Actually it is TYPEFACE, not font.
In typographic terms, a font a discrete set of the chosen typeface style letters and symbols set in one size only. Fonts were used in times of hand composition of the text in printing blocks, and were purchased in different sizes. Typeface, however, refers to a family of letters visually distinct from an other family. For example:
Helvetica Regular size Small Pica is the font. (Small Pica is 11pt size, Paragon is 20pt size, etc)
Helvetica Regular is the style.
Helvetica is the typeface.
That face inside typeface means distinctive key features that separate design of one family from another.

Last edited by Uluru; 02-11-2015 at 05:18 AM.
02-11-2015, 05:17 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VladimirYo Quote
I do not like fonts in video
It appears to be Japanese production, so it is quite possible they do not care or know about font nuances in our silly western alphabet(s).

I am glad to see this. At this point, any ads for Pentax are great. I see Canon and Nikon ads on billboards by the road, in magazines and even on TV. Pentax needs more presence, we have been saying this for years, maybe now we get some
02-11-2015, 05:47 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Freedom to explure
02-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
The ad is good. Stop silly complaints.

---------- Post added 02-11-2015 at 11:14 PM ----------

---------- Post added 02-11-2015 at 11:17 PM ----------

Actually it is TYPEFACE, not font.
In typographic terms, a font a discrete set of the chosen typeface style letters and symbols set in one size only. Fonts were used in times of hand composition of the text in printing blocks, and were purchased in different sizes. Typeface, however, refers to a family of letters visually distinct from an other family. For example:
Helvetica Regular size Small Pica is the font. (Small Pica is 11pt size, Paragon is 20pt size, etc)
Helvetica Regular is the style.
Helvetica is the typeface.
That face inside typeface means distinctive key features that separate design of one family from another.
Well sooorrry.

Clearly people are just happy to see anything decent from the folks at Ricoh/Pentax. Fonts, typefaces, whatever. I'm glad they have a legit ad floating out there now, but I think that one small thing could have been improved upon, and I wasn't the only one to notice such a thing.

I will see myself out of this thread.

02-11-2015, 07:21 AM   #24
Site Supporter

I keep seeing your "doomed" comment and wonder what motivates you to so COMMENT" Wishful thinking? ENVY, WHAT???
02-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoramone Quote
I keep seeing your "doomed" comment and wonder what motivates you to so COMMENT" Wishful thinking? ENVY, WHAT???
I'm sure it's none of the options you list. It is a often used phrase on this forum written 'tongue in cheek' to lampoon those who talk Pentax down. In this instance applied to the dislike of the 'font' being the first response of an individual to this promotional video. Those who are envious or wishing Pentax doomed do not tend to use the phrase, they just needlessly criticise or intentinally troll.
02-11-2015, 07:46 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
It may seem nitpicky, but clearly it's noticeable given the reaction to it. Marketers and designers should know this.
They've certainly gotten you to talk about and remember the video
02-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Ricoh is doing a lot of good for Pentax, even if it took so long to reverse damage Hoya had done. Exiting time for Pentaxians!
02-11-2015, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
Ricoh is doing a lot of good for Pentax, even if it took so long to reverse damage Hoya had done. Exiting time for Pentaxians!

I will be exiting no time soon
02-11-2015, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter

I feel no need to defend The brand, or to advocate "FOR" it (PENTAX). I have seen and used many different cameras from many different companies. I know what I like and I know that it will always be MY personal decision as to how I spend MY money. I'm always going to be the only one making the FINAL choice as to what level of quality I can spend for. At this point in my life, I couldn't be happier with the variety, amount and quality of my own photo gear. I have 3 cameras that I'm very happy with, and about a dozen lenses(two aren't pentax) Tri-pods and mono-pods and a metz meca-blitz 58af that's truly pro-grade, plus a bunch of photo trinkets (accessories) that add to the FUN.......every now and then I capture a moment...... And life is SWELL!! I hope for the same for any canon or sony or nikon or olympus guy/gal. my stuff so really impresses me in its' design and function and aesthetic feel,I could just SPIT, I only hope that everyone that gets into this for a hobby, gets the gear that blows their mind... mine does for me.... RJM
02-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Looks good to me.