Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2015, 11:08 PM - 1 Like   #466
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by banep Quote
Just for the record: On april 25th I've heard that Pentax will come out with 2 full frame bodies.
Hopefully, they wouldn't do what the others have done, and offer one at a lower price, with firmware features locked out. Then again, they could offer one with OBF and one with GPS...

04-28-2015, 11:13 PM - 1 Like   #467
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Hopefully, they wouldn't do what the others have done, and offer one at a lower price, with firmware features locked out. Then again, they could offer one with OBF and one with GPS...
The whole world doesn't contain enough crow to eat to satisfy the demand here, should that happen

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2015 at 09:15 ----------

Just for the record: On april 25th I've heard that Pentax will come out with 2 full frame bodies.
How credible is your source? Has he been right before?
04-28-2015, 11:16 PM   #468
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Or a FF Ricoh GR, plus a 36MP DSLR?

That would be cool.
04-28-2015, 11:50 PM   #469
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Or a FF Ricoh GR, plus a 36MP DSLR?

That would be cool.
Well, wasn't there a previous rumor or even an insider hint that a new GR is coming this year...

04-29-2015, 12:06 AM   #470
Pentaxian

Let's not be greedy - starting with one FF DSLR is enough.
04-29-2015, 01:52 AM   #471
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
The whole world doesn't contain enough crow to eat to satisfy the demand here, should that happen

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2015 at 09:15 ----------

How credible is your source? Has he been right before?
This is the second information from that source regarding Pentax so I am not sure about credibility.
The same guy told me on january 23th that Pentax will come out with a full frame camera.
I thought "yeah, right 14 year old news" and I wasn't brave enough to put that "rumor" on a forum until I saw Kenspo's posts.

I don't know any more details because we are usually talking about business and that is not photography.
He probably has some business relations to Ricoh and I think that is the source of his information.

MY PURE SPECULATION that those two bodies will be entry level and pro level full frame cameras.
I am just following new ff lens logic: in a lens roadmap there are two standard zooms: a slow "consumer" 28-105 zoom and fast "pro" 24-70.
In context of two bodies It makes sense but that could be also two kits for the same camera.

Last edited by banep; 04-29-2015 at 02:05 AM.
04-29-2015, 02:16 AM   #472
Pentaxian

We knew Pentax will come out with a full frame DSLR since 2012
But... only one, for now.
04-29-2015, 02:19 AM   #473
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I for one would welcome an entry level FF, might be affordable

04-29-2015, 02:56 AM   #474
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the second information from that source regarding Pentax so I am not sure about credibility.
The same guy told me on january 23th that Pentax will come out with a full frame camera.
I thought "yeah, right 14 year old news" and I wasn't brave enough to put that "rumor" on a forum until I saw Kenspo's posts.

I don't know any more details because we are usually talking about business and that is not photography.
He probably has some business relations to Ricoh and I think that is the source of his information.

MY PURE SPECULATION that those two bodies will be entry level and pro level full frame cameras.
I am just following new ff lens logic: in a lens roadmap there are two standard zooms: a slow "consumer" 28-105 zoom and fast "pro" 24-70.
In context of two bodies It makes sense but that could be also two kits for the same camera.
Ok, thanks for the info. I am still leaning towards just one FF, at least this year. The true successor to K3 will likely come out next year and depending on it's price point, there might be room for a 'basic', consumer FF as well.
04-29-2015, 03:16 AM   #475
Pentaxian

(...)
If your contact told you so on January 23rd, 2015, he was just quoting unofficial news spread by those who met Ricoh Imaging Europe (= France) officials at Photokina in September 2014.

Alternatively, he was in the loop of the marketing documents that were sent out to local offices ahead of the February 4th announcement.
04-29-2015, 04:06 AM   #476
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
If your contact told you so on January 23rd, 2015, he was just quoting unofficial news spread by those who met Ricoh Imaging Europe (= France) officials at Photokina in September 2014.

Alternatively, he was in the loop of the marketing documents that were sent out to local offices ahead of the February 4th announcement.
It's hard to explain, but he is not interested in Pentax cameras and he was never visited Photokina as far as I know althought he lives in Germany.
Also since Photokina he had a hundred oportunities to tell me that information but he told me (strictly in present tense) only two weeks before it becomes official.
He is definitely not related to Ricoh marketing, he is not that type of guy.
He is precision mechanic engineer and could be possible that he has some business relations through his company with Ricoh but on servicing stuff/contracts.
That's all I know, because our business relations are not related to photography business/equipment.
From time to time he gave me good advices when I asked for help on servicing some old Pentax lenses in Germany, so I assume that he has some relations with Pentax/Ricoh.
Excuse me, but I won't elaborate on this anymore because I don't know anything else, as I said this is just for the record.
Over and out.

Last edited by banep; 04-29-2015 at 04:26 AM.
04-29-2015, 04:36 AM   #477
Pentaxian

and you waited four days to tell us? Two? 24 and 36mp? OBF NOBF?
04-29-2015, 04:46 AM   #478
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by d1n0 Quote
and you waited four days to tell us? Two? 24 and 36mp? Obf nobf?
rotflmao
04-29-2015, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #479
Pentaxian

Headline in the works at photorumors.com: "2 Pentax FF Bodies Confirmed! "
04-29-2015, 04:55 AM   #480
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
and you waited four days to tell us? Two? 24 and 36mp? OBF NOBF?
One in black the other in silver?

Or, one with and the other without mirror. [Hides in corner]