Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2015, 03:39 PM   #586
osv
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,080
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Amazing how this hoax story has gotten a life online. People will believe anything.
Russian internet 'troll' sues former employer | World news | The Guardian

05-30-2015, 04:35 PM   #587
Site Supporter
Shanti's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Western Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 904
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
But it won't be!
Now that's depressing!! knew I should of switched to Nikon
One would think that a camera to be released in a few months & must be out in the wild being tested,still has no 'real' info about the specs floating around the web..maybe its a just a 3D vapourprint
05-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #588
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,911
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Now that's depressing!! knew I should of switched to Nikon
One would think that a camera to be released in a few months & must be out in the wild being tested,still has no 'real' info about the specs floating around the web..maybe its a just a 3D vapourprint
How much time before the launch of the K-3 and the K-S1 did we have before we were made aware of their existence? Didn't they just sort of popup one day? I don't think Ricoh announces formally until it is really soon and they keep their cards close to their vest.

I think what we really have here, on the forums, is a lot of impatience and wanting to have it nowwwwww
05-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #589
Den
Veteran Member
Den's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington (State)
Posts: 928
Patience Grasshopper- I am still patiently awaiting my first flying car

05-30-2015, 04:58 PM   #590
Site Supporter
Shanti's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Western Denmark
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 904
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
How much time before the launch of the K-3 and the K-S1 did we have before we were made aware of their existence? Didn't they just sort of popup one day? I don't think Ricoh announces formally until it is really soon and they keep their cards close to their vest.

I think what we really have here, on the forums, is a lot of impatience and wanting to have it nowwwwww
Not impatient just like to know specs & need new body this year- can't afford both K3II & FF... if 36MP then it will work fine cropped as well for what I want, if 24 then not so good.. but the K3II is so bloody cheap here its tempting
05-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #591
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,423
QuoteOriginally posted by IOO Quote
And why is the smallest camera called Q? After James Bond's Q, who delivers the most famous and sophisticated toys for adults. Why should they otherwise call it a "toylens" and "Standard prime lens"? It's after the lines of Bonds standard weapon in every movie, and standard about what kind of toys Q has delivered this time. It's obvious.
(resists temptation to invoke 'M')
05-30-2015, 06:35 PM - 1 Like   #592
Veteran Member
falconeye's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Munich, Alps, Germany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,863
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
There is not much difference between the Nikon and the Sony. All good and Nikon has tweaked a little better.

Nikon D800 versus Sony A7R versus Nikon D810 - Side by side camera comparison - DxOMark
I'd like to highlight that the D810 has a substantially better sensor though.

The DxO figures may not fully reflect it, but by going to sensorgen.info (a site which does a reevaluation of DxO measurements providing a more meaningful view on them) you'll see:

The D810 has a 40% increased total full well capacity which is huge. It should cost significantly more to manufacture, it is a different league of chip. It translates into true ISO 50 and better DR and is a bold move. Almost on par with the move to 36MP of the original D800 sensor, making image quality indistinguishable to ISO 100 medium format in the studio with the right lenses. With a bit more isoless properties (more like the D800 sensor), the D810 would have ranked well above DxO-Score 100.
05-31-2015, 02:34 AM - 1 Like   #593
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,828
Trolls feeding trolls.

05-31-2015, 04:45 AM   #594
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,342
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I'd like to highlight that the D810 has a substantially better sensor though.

The DxO figures may not fully reflect it, but by going to sensorgen.info (a site which does a reevaluation of DxO measurements providing a more meaningful view on them) you'll see:

The D810 has a 40% increased total full well capacity which is huge. It should cost significantly more to manufacture, it is a different league of chip. It translates into true ISO 50 and better DR and is a bold move. Almost on par with the move to 36MP of the original D800 sensor, making image quality indistinguishable to ISO 100 medium format in the studio with the right lenses. With a bit more isoless properties (more like the D800 sensor), the D810 would have ranked well above DxO-Score 100.
Interesting. They have somehow increased the pixel size and looking at the graphs stretched the performance.

Also interesting, I noticed they say the K-S1 doesn't have a sony sensor, but a Pentax sensor. Sensorgen.info data for Pentax K-S1

Which probably means it was a custom job for ricoh by sony (leaving of the anti-aliassing filter?).
05-31-2015, 05:21 AM   #595
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 322
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I'd like to highlight that the D810 has a substantially better sensor though.

The DxO figures may not fully reflect it, but by going to sensorgen.info (a site which does a reevaluation of DxO measurements providing a more meaningful view on them) you'll see:

The D810 has a 40% increased total full well capacity which is huge. It should cost significantly more to manufacture, it is a different league of chip. It translates into true ISO 50 and better DR and is a bold move. Almost on par with the move to 36MP of the original D800 sensor, making image quality indistinguishable to ISO 100 medium format in the studio with the right lenses. With a bit more isoless properties (more like the D800 sensor), the D810 would have ranked well above DxO-Score 100.
I would like to see 36Mp sensor from D810 in Pentax FF, but that 24Mp sensor from D750 is really better in low light.
D750 sensor at ISO12800 looks better than D810 sensor at ISO6400.
It is obvious without pixel peeping:
http://nikonfocus.com/SAMPLES/75012800.jpg
http://nikonfocus.com/SAMPLES/8106400.jpg

Last edited by banep; 05-31-2015 at 05:58 AM.
05-31-2015, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #596
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,955
It won't be either of them.
05-31-2015, 05:44 AM   #597
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,997
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
It won't be either of them.
50+ Mpix, here they come .
05-31-2015, 05:56 AM   #598
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,955
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
50+ Mpix, here they come .
Nope
05-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #599
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Posts: 3,073
44 Meg.....scaled up KS2 sensor.....
05-31-2015, 06:30 AM   #600
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,342
Well it has to be a Sony sensor unless Canon all of a sudden starts selling theirs or Samsung/Toshiba or Aptina start making FF. And then there is CMOSIS
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aps, aps-c, camera, card, conversation, cp, dof, ff, flash, focus, format, full frame, images, k-3, lens, lenses, magnification, mp, off-topic, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, plastic, pop-up, popup, ricoh, sd, unveiling
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First image of the Full Frame Curved sensor!ůmade for the RX2? interested_observer Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 12 09-15-2014 10:04 PM
Economics of full frame mikemike Pentax Film SLR Discussion 47 06-24-2014 03:47 PM
From Full-Frame Sony... to Pentax... to Full-Frame Canon Mr_Canuck Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 42 01-21-2014 12:50 AM
Full frame or no full frame.... Deedee Pentax K-3 14 10-08-2013 05:39 AM
Is full frame the medium format of the digital era ? ghelary Photographic Technique 2 05-28-2009 08:50 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top