Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 199 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #901
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Overstated..It's an award winning camera that can basically do anything you want or need a camera to do.
You know, I have to agree with you. EVF has come a long way, it really has. Of course there are limitations, but by and large, once one gets used to it, there is nothing that you cannot overcome with PP.

07-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #902
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
How is it really mean and rude? And of course not. However, Humanity's decisions are largely based around fear and egoism. Always wanting control and never wanting others to have knowledge they don't possess. Society likes to tear down more than build up. We see a lot of it on these forums alone.. esp with all of the flak kenspo receives.. and all he wants to do is share info and keep us informed.
Sorry, but I thing that your analysis is out of place, and a little wrong.
07-05-2015, 04:01 AM - 2 Likes   #903
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There seem to be two members with genuine inside information posting here. One gets flack; one is worshiped as a God. The only difference I can ascertain is God frequently uses :wink: emoticons while Flacked doesn't.

So . . . . . use more emoticons and the gnats will stop bothering you (and us).*

* Bearing in mind a few early members were once burned by WendyB and the scars must be deep.
07-05-2015, 06:45 AM   #904
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There seem to be two members with genuine inside information posting here. One gets flack; one is worshiped as a God. The only difference I can ascertain is God frequently uses :wink: emoticons while Flacked doesn't.

So . . . . . use more emoticons and the gnats will stop bothering you (and us).*

* Bearing in mind a few early members were once burned by WendyB and the scars must be deep.
Absolutely! Coloured Smiley's help the old guys like me...

07-05-2015, 06:48 AM - 1 Like   #905
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Sorry, but I thing that your analysis is out of place, and a little wrong.
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
When reading this statement I first thought you were taking a swipe at Kenspro....... totally unwarranted I thought...... then with further consideration, I assume you are taking a swipe at the people that Kenspro feels he has to reply to. Either way, a somewhat lazy and potentionally damaging post I reckon..... just saying.
Context is key. I've defended kenspo many times on these forums. Being a regular (and thus having time to get to know me a little) It is pretty sad you'd think I'd attack anyone, especially him. And my response is no more out of place than others who also shared their thoughts to his question.

And I know you're just saying, noelpolar.. because you just said it. No need to say 'just saying' -- it was already said.
07-05-2015, 08:40 AM   #906
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Where is WendyB? We could really use her about now. I'm sure she has the new LX-D and the DFA*250-600 f/4 on trial.
07-05-2015, 08:41 AM - 1 Like   #907
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In life I have this theory that most of the times you are better off not saying anything; however online forums like this one people frequent because many are compelled to say something, so lots of weird and goofy things are said without much restraints. That is fine and all, but in the end I still believe that my theory holds true in that there are lots of posts here that are better left unsaid. Having said that, for people like me, if people don't trash talk to one another, the entertainment value just isn't there. So, at one time or another, one should think about why he or she posts comments here to what end, and to remember to not take themselves too seriously, and to take every comments posted here with a grain of salt. Because it would be sad affair of magnificent proportion if you ego and self identity depend on how you are viewed and judged by other forum members.

07-05-2015, 09:50 AM - 2 Likes   #908
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something.... just sayin'
07-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #909
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
The wise man speaks when he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something.... just sayin'
+1. Just sayin'
07-05-2015, 11:13 AM   #910
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Say what?
07-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #911
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
In life I have this theory that most of the times you are better off not saying anything; however online forums like this one people frequent because many are compelled to say something, so lots of weird and goofy things are said without much restraints. That is fine and all, but in the end I still believe that my theory holds true in that there are lots of posts here that are better left unsaid. Having said that, for people like me, if people don't trash talk to one another, the entertainment value just isn't there. So, at one time or another, one should think about why he or she posts comments here to what end, and to remember to not take themselves too seriously, and to take every comments posted here with a grain of salt. Because it would be sad affair of magnificent proportion if you ego and self identity depend on how you are viewed and judged by other forum members.

Absolutely! The entire News and Rumors section would be little more than official product announcements and backable statements... so it would be quiet... and not the multipage epics we have today.

However, no one trashed talked anyone here.. yet people still got their underwear bunched... it is astounding.
07-06-2015, 05:10 PM   #912

would like to see Pentax taking mirrorless more seriously. I'd love this FF camera but it's going to weight at least a kilo, size isn't everything apsc is great sensor size positioned between FF and the 1/1.7" Q series. Go all retro and call it the mx or similar

It's also a great for wildlife with crop sensors.
07-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #913
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TheGrandPrixKid Quote
would like to see Pentax taking mirrorless more seriously. I'd love this FF camera but it's going to weight at least a kilo, size isn't everything apsc is great sensor size positioned between FF and the 1/1.7" Q series. Go all retro and call it the mx or similar

It's also a great for wildlife with crop sensors.
Hopefully the size is going to be the same as the prototype shown earlier. If they go much bigger they will be heading towards the same size and price of the 645D. That would not be a good idea, at least IMHO.