Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #166
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Uhmm - you are just wrong. Full Stop.
Yes, nice discussing with you too. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not, amazing how it *pains* someone that other people have a different opinion. sheesh.

02-13-2015, 10:51 AM - 2 Likes   #167
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Yassarian Quote
Yes, nice discussing with you too. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not, amazing how it *pains* someone that other people have a different opinion. sheesh.
It isn't an opinion.Spreading FUD isn't helping anything.
02-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #168

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
I should really have said that I don't get any more blur with the D810 than any of my other cameras.
Hopefully not including your IS APS-C Pentax if you have one? If so I may be barking up the wrong tree, since this is exactly why I am looking forwards to the first FF camera with in-body IS apart from the mirrorless offerings that are a different kettle of fish...
02-13-2015, 10:51 AM - 3 Likes   #169
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
We are a miserable pessimistic bunch. Ricoh Pentax are a very different outfit from Pentax Pentax or Hoya Pentax for that matter. The FF camera is in hand, and will be delivered before the end of the year as they have stated. We have updated roadmaps for lenses, and they are working through them step by step, the range is constantly being refined and I for one am very happy with how Ricoh is handling the Pentax brand from a product delivery standpoint. More work is needed for marketing but that also will come in time. Build the product range, get it to state where they can confidently go toe to toe with the competition first and then market / target the segments they have or are building the range to. Patience people, Rome was not built in a day remember.
My view of Ricoh is: They make some announcements, or predictions such as a roadmap. They deliver on those. And then they spring surprises that no-one saw coming!

I'n taking delivery of their announcements for granted. I'm more interested in what their surprises will be!

02-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #170

It needs to stay K3 in size, leave the concrete blocks to the Canikons, and not have the folding flipping rear screen (that adds a weak point where something can break easily). I want a tough camera that can take the rigours of back pack shooting trips and being put through the ringer in the field. Use the 645 for weddings and studio shoots. Remember that the MX outperformed the other manufactures huge bricks when it was released. I waited until the K3 came along before I jumped to a digital camera; I will not buy the FF if it does not make the grade meeting my requirements. What good is a gazillion megapixel camera if it cannot keep up with me.
02-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #171
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by windhorse Quote
since when has product development preceded marketing i thought it is the other way around ie figure out what you can sell then develop a product to match the specs
You are on much firmer ground from a long term business strategy when you market what you have or can reasonably expect from your development pipeline than allowing marketing / sales teams to dictate specifications or promises that an engineering team then has to try and deliver.
Which is better for a brand perspective?
A: under promise but exceed expectations on delivery or
B: over promise and fail to deliver
It may be a cultural thing but successful Japanese companies typically operate in my opinion to answer A
02-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #172

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
You are on much firmer ground from a long term business strategy when you market what you have or can reasonably expect from your development pipeline than allowing marketing / sales teams to dictate specifications or promises that an engineering team then has to try and deliver.
Which is better for a brand perspective?
A: under promise but exceed expectations on delivery or
B: over promise and fail to deliver
It may be a cultural thing but successful Japanese companies typically operate in my opinion to answer A
as you say time will tell & I hope very much this is what happens though my guess is one of the reasons for the release of the plastic block may be to stimulate discussion to see what people want then drive in that direction?

Last edited by windhorse; 02-13-2015 at 12:12 PM.
02-13-2015, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #173
Veteran Member

Some more rumor from the behind the scene discussion with Pentax at the CP:
  • 30 - 40 MP
  • Price in Japan: ca. Yen 300.000 (ca. Euro 2200)
But this is (of course) not official.
02-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #174
Pentaxian

Yeah, smells 36MP.
02-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #175
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
  • 30 - 40 MP
all good fun to speculate though! PLEASE make it smaller than the D750, although I think more than likely it won't be as compact as the k3, I'm hoping it to at least retain one of the brands trademark compactness!
02-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #176
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
  • 30 - 40 MP
That is 2500 USD.. It better be good!
02-13-2015, 01:31 PM - 6 Likes   #177
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I´m surprised to read some of the recent comments regarding the new FF.

Why speculate that the new FF won´t be released this year? Why base this on the fact that it´s still presented as a "mockup"? When was the new FF lenses last presented as mockups? A few weeks ago at CES2015, and now they are almost ready for distribution. Why would they produce expensive FF lenses without a FF camera in the pipeline? Why would Ricoh risk announcing a new FF camera, if there is no plan of producing it?

After all the great news we have received during the last weeks, I´m flabbergasted by some of the latest negative comments.

I hoped we had gotten past this point now!
02-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #178
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote

Why speculate that the new FF won´t be released this year? Why base this on the fact that it´s still presented as a "mockup"? When was the new FF lenses last presented as mockups? A few weeks ago at CES2015, and now they are almost ready for distribution. Why would they produce expensive FF lenses without a FF camera in the pipeline? Why would Ricoh risk announcing a new FF camera, if there is no plan of producing it?

After all the great news we have received during the last weeks, I´m flabbergasted by some of the latest negative comments.

Remember, PentaxisDoomed™
02-13-2015, 01:51 PM - 2 Likes   #179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote

Nooo more common sense. It huurts....
02-13-2015, 02:06 PM - 1 Like   #180
Pentaxian

Indeed! Stop that! We all know Pentax had the idea of making a FF just the day before CP+ - and hastily 3D-printed out a model; then, as they don't have a clue how long it would take to actually develop one, they think it can be done in 6 months.
We can't be fooled!