Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 199 Likes Search this Thread
03-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #376

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hilarious, FF Pentax is on swedish webshop: Pentax K-? Digitaalikamerat J
No price, no info

03-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #377
Pentaxian

There is info, but nothing new. They state that Ricoh has announced a FF camera but that specs about it is still only rumors, and then they list the current rumors. Not that hilarious really.
03-25-2015, 06:27 PM   #378

hey while I was out has Pentax announced the name for the new FF is going to be the K-? that seems like a good solution if the strategy is as it seems to be to keep everybody guessing but maybe I have misunderstood
03-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #379
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They haven't announced, and the guessing petered out a while back.

03-25-2015, 07:30 PM - 1 Like   #380
Banned

Now, there is even speculation that what Ricoh showed during the CP+ — the plastic mockup we have seen — apparently is nothing like the real thing.

Tanaka Nozomi speculates ...

Tanaka Nozomi has slipped into speculative slippers and to me, it appears he did not take a careful look at the displayed model at all. He is asking himself aloud whether the LCD is fixed or flipping (and he is afraid it is fixed); whether the FF has a built-in flash or not (he is afraid is does not have it), or whether it will have this or that imaging technology ...

In short, drinking too much tea, harping about nothing, and killing some time.
Even to online PF observers, it was clear from the mockup the camera will have tilting LCD in the manner of 645Z.
03-25-2015, 07:47 PM - 1 Like   #381
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Even to online PF observers, it was clear from the mockup the camera will have tilting LCD in the manner of 645Z.
And even thinking about it logically it makes no sense to change it. Why would Ricoh throw away what they've already made in the 645Z?
03-26-2015, 09:55 AM   #382
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LeGuillotine Quote
Hilarious, FF Pentax is on swedish webshop: Pentax K-? Digitaalikamerat J
No price, no info
This is not a Swedish webshop. It is Finnish.

03-26-2015, 10:24 AM   #383
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
This is not a Swedish webshop. It is Finnish.
I worked for a Norwegian company many years ago. During the Lillehammer Olympics they set up TVs in all the offices to watch.

When the Norwegian was preparing for the ski jump, the American announcer called him the 'Swedish ski jumper'. What howling ensued!
03-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #384
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote

When the Norwegian was preparing for the ski jump, the American announcer called him the 'Swedish ski jumper'. What howling ensued!
And that's how I feel when "Metric Countries" call weight "kilograms". What school of Engineering in the world teaches their students that force (weight) and mass have the same magnitude and units, I wonder. In a world that has been on the modern International System of Metric Units (aka SI system) for a long time, Force is derived quantity whereas mass is a fundamental unit.

Clearly, in Newtonian Mechanics, Weight = (mass)*(gravity) and the product of those two things does not have the units of "kilograms" (or the same value).

Last edited by tuco; 03-26-2015 at 11:09 AM.
03-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #385

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
And that's how I feel when "Metric Countries" call weight "kilograms". What school of Engineering in the world teaches their students that force (weight) and mass have the same magnitude and units, I wonder. In a world that has been on the modern International System of Metric Units (aka SI system) for a long time, Force is derived quantity whereas mass is a fundamental unit.

Clearly, in Newtonian Mechanics, Weight = (mass)*(gravity) and the product of those two things does not have the units of "kilograms" (or the same value).

I'm from one of the metric countries, and this is not really true.

We teach that:

Mass = Kilograms.
Weight = Force = Newtons = Mass * Gravity or Acceleration

Weight in the way you describe it is not used in academics. It is however used in "common speech" where it is assumed that we talk about the weight of a mass at 1g
03-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #386
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timcatn Quote

We teach that:
Mass = Kilograms.

Weight in the way you describe it is not used in academics. It is however used in "common speech" where it is assumed that we talk about the weight of a mass at 1g
That's good to hear but yet I see so much technical data from companies outside the USA that gives things such as cable tension limits and weight of things in kilograms. And I've yet to hear anyone say, "Newton" from a metric country. So what units does the typical layman say in your area when they are talking about a moment (torque). Kilogram-meter? If they say newton-meter than I'd really be blow away by the inconsistency.
03-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #387
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
To a lay person weight=mass so they are used interchangeably. Has anybody ever asked you How much mass do you have? Instead of How much do you weigh? Since we are not living on the moon or Mars. It doesn't matter.
03-26-2015, 12:32 PM   #388
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timcatn Quote

We teach that:

Mass = Kilograms.

True. This is indeed a common speech issue. Anybody with a faint scientific education will know that.
03-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #389
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
. It doesn't matter.
Yes, it matters. See this book? It is full pre-solved beam and other equations good for both imperial and metric units. If you stick in "kilograms" for weight or force in any of these equations, you will get the WRONG answer both in units and magnitude.

What school of engineering did you graduate from that taught you a different metric system were weight and mass have both the same units and value? 1 kilogram of mass weighs 9.81 Newtons. Those don't look like the same numbers to me.

03-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #390

in australia we just use a bit of string with knots in it for everything, amazing the sydney harbor bridge is still standing