Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2015, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #886
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
It does work well for that type of shooting. Better than my k5 in fact.

Hey, I shot baseball with a SpeedGraphic with a big bertha 1000mm looking through clip on rangefinders and wire frames or glass on the back upside down. So, yes, I know full well and good that just about ANY camera can capture action. That wasn't my point.

My comment was more about the usefulness and enjoyment and factor of looking through the EVF for those types of shooting. I don't think action or vid is an EVF's bailiwick, at least not yet. I'm sure the technology will be there soon...

Eric

06-24-2015, 08:11 AM - 3 Likes   #887
Veteran Member

Yes, i am as @fuent104 says. "Brand ambassador". Im not just K-3 ambassador, I'm mainly sponsored by Ricoh and all the brands Ricoh Scandinavia import here. I talk to Ricoh all the time..about things that are happening, things they are looking to do in the future + + + But everyone understands that i can't share everything. I share snippets now and then, because i want to..not because i need too. I dont know EVERYTHING inside Ricoh/Pentax..But more then you think @falconeye

Im not shure why i still have to defend myself in here :P
06-24-2015, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #888
Pentaxian

People are envious
06-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #889
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Hey, I shot baseball with a SpeedGraphic with a big bertha 1000mm looking through clip on rangefinders and wire frames or glass on the back upside down.
Now that's what I'd call "mirrorless"!
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Don't sweat it! The sparrows get cheeky when they're after the crumbs!

06-24-2015, 08:26 AM   #890
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, i am as @fuent104 says. "Brand ambassador". Im not just K-3 ambassador, I'm mainly sponsored by Ricoh and all the brands Ricoh Scandinavia import here. I talk to Ricoh all the time..about things that are happening, things they are looking to do in the future + + + But everyone understands that i can't share everything. I share snippets now and then, because i want to..not because i need too. I dont know EVERYTHING inside Ricoh/Pentax..But more then you think @falconeye

You didn't need to, we understand the process and appreciate what you can do...

---------- Post added 06-24-15 at 11:31 AM ----------

It does work well for that type of shooting. Better than my k5 in fact in my opinion.
Being a BIF, Nature, technical, and abstract shooter, I can't adapt to the pixelated viewfinder. For me I want to see crisp focus wherever in the finder I wish to. I'm probably becoming obsolete, but it reminds me of looking through 12x binos through a screened enclosure...
06-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #891
Pentaxian

Birds In Flight 500mm Handheld A7 Manual focus no crop

---------- Post added 06-24-15 at 12:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
Being a BIF, Nature, technical, and abstract shooter, I can't adapt to the pixelated viewfinder. For me I want to see crisp focus wherever in the finder I wish to. I'm probably becoming obsolete, but it reminds me of looking through 12x binos through a screened enclosure...
I can understand where you are coming from though..I cannot sit through a 3D movie without wishing it were 2D
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
07-02-2015, 05:42 PM - 2 Likes   #892

Pentax pls 16bit DNG and 10bit + video ...

07-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #893
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
You're adding to my comment as I never said "immediate". For those who are inclined to think that positive cash flow is not highly important in a mature business, I have a hard time coming up with counter-examples.
Agreed. Free Cash Flow is even better (that means there is more unencumbered money at the end of the year than there was at the beginning of the year).

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
No doubt positive cash-flow helps make M&A decisions a lot easier at any stage.

However I've seen many expensive corporate acquisitions done that have little to do with the solid cash-flow of the target. 'Synergies', 'efficiencies', 'enter new markets', 'growth' are some phrases that spring to mind.
Those words are all investment banker speak for a deal that shouldn't have been done, but management of one or the other company was enriched by doing the deal (at the expense of lenders, employees, shareholders or all three).

GAAP Accounting Earnings are not real money earnings. They're a chimera that companies and investment bankers manipulate to make the 10-K look good.

Pig, here's some lipstick.
07-02-2015, 07:35 PM - 2 Likes   #894
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You don't have to defend yourself ... it's "their" problem , not yours!
As the old saying goes "What you think of me is none of my business."
Keep on feeding us some bits here and there and we'll be happy.

Cheers!

JP
07-02-2015, 08:06 PM   #895
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
You don't have to defend yourself ... it's "their" problem , not yours!
As the old saying goes "What you think of me is none of my business."
Keep on feeding us some bits here and there and we'll be happy.

Cheers!

JP
+1
And most of us are very grateful for the infomation you do provide. Nothing to defend.
07-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #896

Birds In Flight 500mm Handheld A7 Manual focus no crop

---------- Post added 06-24-15 at 12:07 PM ----------

I can understand where you are coming from though..I cannot sit through a 3D movie without wishing it were 2D
I thought I was the only one feeling bad in 3D movies, thank you
07-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #897
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by splash_fr Quote
I thought I was the only one feeling bad in 3D movies, thank you
Hell, at my age, I only need the Loo and Exit signs
07-04-2015, 04:28 PM - 2 Likes   #898
mee
Veteran Member

fear and ego that is why.
07-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #899
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
fear and ego that is why.
That's really mean and rude.

Whenever you see a man who tries to explain his actions, to be better understand, you tell him that he's afraid and egoistic?

Last edited by JimmyDranox; 07-04-2015 at 04:45 PM.
07-04-2015, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #900
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
That's really mean and rude.

Whenever you see a man who tries to explain his actions, to be better understand, you tell him that he's afraid and egoistic?
How is it really mean and rude? And of course not. However, Humanity's decisions are largely based around fear and egoism. Always wanting control and never wanting others to have knowledge they don't possess. Society likes to tear down more than build up. We see a lot of it on these forums alone.. esp with all of the flak kenspo receives.. and all he wants to do is share info and keep us informed.