Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2015, 10:44 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
FF will not stay @ 2K.
Not even at the end of a cycle, just before the new models come out?

Right now I can get a 645D for $5k after starting at $9k. Surely at some point there will be a window in which I can get $3k Pentax FF for $1700. (This is where you say "Stop calling me Shirley.")

02-23-2015, 11:22 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Not even at the end of a cycle, just before the new models come out?

Right now I can get a 645D for $5k after starting at $9k. Surely at some point there will be a window in which I can get $3k Pentax FF for $1700. (This is where you say "Stop calling me Shirley.")
LOL even then, 2.2K (or about) is FF introducing price.
I don't think Ricoh will want to stop right there. They will get a more affordable FF later on.
02-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #78
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
While it may not be the reason for concern of compatibility of lenses w/ FF dslr--the use of SR to shift the lens statically is not a trivial amount and thus even many FF lenses may not have a large enough image circle to do this.
02-24-2015, 08:43 PM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
While it may not be the reason for concern of compatibility of lenses w/ FF dslr--the use of SR to shift the lens statically is not a trivial amount and thus even many FF lenses may not have a large enough image circle to do this.
On the contrary, the amount by which the sensor needs to be shifted for SR purposes is marginal and the vast majority of FF lenses will be fine.

The amount becomes larger with longer focal lengths, but such longer lenses typically have a lot of extra image circle to spare.

Falconey did the math years ago.