Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2015, 05:50 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by eonb Quote
It's much, much better than the "shared" stand they had at the last minute last year (in conjunction with a dealer - can't remember who but it wan't one of the UK "biggies" such as SRS or Clifton). The stall was staffed with demonstrators pulled from Jessops stores I think. It is no-where near the size of Nikon etc, but I'm pleased they will have what I want to see there. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I've got a K5-II and lots of lenses (along with a 60-250 + tele). I quite fancy a 70-200 and/or the 150-450 but can't really afford both. I'm not too sure what to do - flog my 60-250, get the cash and buy a 70-200 2/8 from Pentax or get a Tamron 70-210 and also the Pentax 150-450. I work with someone who is one of Pentax's UK ambassadors who has a K3, 16-50, 50-135 and a DA*300 and we swap/share gear when needed. Some of this depends on how noisy the Tamron is and how quick the Pentax lenses are. The only way I'm likely to get to see the Pentax version of the Tamron 70-200 is a 250 round-trip to Watford to SRS which is the closed main dealer to me. I'm not that fussed about full-frame at the moment. Anyone got any thoughts on this...
Off topic: Cheers for mentioning SRS, I hadn't heard of them before your post. Now I have somewhere I can hire and try some of the pentax lenses that everbody talks about, but which I cannot afford to buy!

03-02-2015, 07:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DanGleabols Quote
Off topic: Cheers for mentioning SRS, I hadn't heard of them before your post. Now I have somewhere I can hire and try some of the pentax lenses that everbody talks about, but which I cannot afford to buy!
For information, I've bought lots of stuff from SRS for many years. (Via their website). On the rare occasions that I've had trouble, (typically with the product rather than their service), they sorted things out without fuss, via telephone and/or email.
03-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
For information, I've bought lots of stuff from SRS for many years. (Via their website). On the rare occasions that I've had trouble, (typically with the product rather than their service), they sorted things out without fuss, via telephone and/or email.
I can only concur with extremely good experience with SRS. Visiting the store is very dangerous (in a good way) for Pentax users
03-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
I can only concur with extremely good experience with SRS. Visiting the store is very dangerous (in a good way) for Pentax users
Ditto, I have not gone to the store, or my credit card would go to meltdown.
But their service is impeccable.

For example a couple of years back was my 20 year service award at work, and you could purchase anything up to a grand. But due to a lot of hoops you have to go through regarding getting what you want is a pain!
However Chris at SRS bent over backwards to help with my choice of gift and it went smoothly.
What was it? Oh yes, the DA*300mm
Cannot fault SRS at all.