Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2008, 03:21 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
In the US, and probably Canada as well, it's significantly more expensive than the Pentax AF540FGZ.
Yip, $479-$499 compared to the AF540 $369. The Promaster 7500 would ideal if it functioned as a commander/master flash but alas it does not.

Wouldn't a metal shoe cause the camera to short out? That was a big concern with the 285HV replacements and having to put tape between that and that camera mount.

06-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #47

Photos: Gallery
Well it is a little late for me now, I already bought 2 Sigmas.
06-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HermanLee Quote
Weather Sealed! That sounds great.
I think that's a new feature that can be added and consumer will love eventhough I don't know how the hot shoe is gonna look like.
Also a second lamp on the front for fill in like Metz 58 and USB port for future update.
Most important is to fix the hot shoe lock pin and battery door :ugh:
Who uses flash in the rain?
06-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ricardobeat Quote
Well,
We just get to be creative.
Isn't that many amazing pictures taken during most challenging/abnormal condition?
I'm sure those who like to shoot in the bad weather will find it a blessing to have a flash that can match their weather sealed gears.
I can give an example, if you like frogs, they come out more in rainy season. And mostly it will be dark outside when it rains. So what flash and what plastic cover are we gonna use in such condition?
Well, it will be more convenient if we have a weather sealed flash, won't it?
There must numerous other needs for this kind of flash.

Pentax will shake the market as the first camera brand with the most affordable complete weather sealed professional photo gears.

06-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #50
Veteran Member

I do, and though not much in the rain, I would love to have it sealed like the bodies and lenses I have now. Like a few weeks ago, I was covering a baseball championship, the team went to dump the cooler on the coach (as usually) got in a great position as they came p, the coach moved in front of me and over, by the time they realized it I had a well soaked 2 cameras, one with flash. Kinda interesting pic of the deluge coming at me (though its out of focus) I think the camera got 1/4, I got 1/4 and the coach got 1/4, the rest on the ground, so the photog got 1/2 the full cooler. Not cool. shut off the flash and dried it to the outside than when i got to the car it went under the blower under the seat.

I agree with everyone who makes the clame "everything else is sealed" I can't say it better.
06-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thesame crazy guys who like to bring their camera under the rain?