Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
An all new 4 element polystyrene lens that has a maximum aperture of f11.0 and a minimum aperture of f11.0? That must have been a news release typo error.
Ben:
)
Does this mean they have finally done away with the wax coated cardboard tubes used in previous models?

06-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Does this mean they have finally done away with the wax coated cardboard tubes used in previous models?
I'm afraid so. They have taken on a new environmentally friendly approach to this challenge and have decided to use discarded "Tampon" tubes to project light on to the subject. Very innovative indeed.
06-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Now that's very RAW indeed, Ben! As the Brits say, "bloody hell!"
06-12-2008, 01:25 AM   #19

WOW, i'm simply stunned!!!

Ben, i'm coming to Paris next week, any chance i could get to take a peek? I'd have something to tell the guys when i go back home, they will be sooooo gratefull!!!!!!!!

06-12-2008, 06:13 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Teo D'Or Quote
WOW, i'm simply stunned!!!

Ben, i'm coming to Paris next week, any chance i could get to take a peek? I'd have something to tell the guys when i go back home, they will be sooooo gratefull!!!!!!!!
We are having some technical difficulties and even though I would love to have you watch a shoot with this "Gorgeous Specimen of a Camera", we are still working out some minor problems with the lens elements. The polystyrene elements tend to melt a bit when there is direct sunshine on the front element. Some of the lenses have burst in to flames under rare conditions, like shooting outdoors in the sunlight. Two of our volunteer beta testers had to be treated for 2nd degree burns on the upper half of their torso and face. No problem though, they prefer to be behind the camera rather than in front of it. I think there was too much oil base in our last batch of lenses. We may have to use a real "Glass" front element if the problem cannot be solved. As a result the price will have to be augmented.

Thanks for offering though
06-12-2008, 10:47 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So, where can I buy?
06-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #22
Veteran Member

go easy on the text controls and caps man.

06-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
So, where can I buy?

I'll sell you one at half price. Make it $3000 and we'll shake on it!
06-12-2008, 11:14 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
I'll sell you one at half price. Make it $3000 and we'll shake on it!
I read somewhere that introduction price would be €2000,-... Hmmm, might as well wait on that one...
06-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
We are having some technical difficulties and even though I would love to have you watch a shoot with this "Gorgeous Specimen of a Camera", we are still working out some minor problems with the lens elements. The polystyrene elements tend to melt a bit when there is direct sunshine on the front element. Some of the lenses have burst in to flames under rare conditions, like shooting outdoors in the sunlight. Two of our volunteer beta testers had to be treated for 2nd degree burns on the upper half of their torso and face. No problem though, they prefer to be behind the camera rather than in front of it. I think there was too much oil base in our last batch of lenses. We may have to use a real "Glass" front element if the problem cannot be solved. As a result the price will have to be augmented.

Thanks for offering though
We could shoot underwater, I'm sure this baby is weather sealed AND underwater proof.
06-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #26
Veteran Member

The buoyancy of the polystyrene may stop you getting below a couple feet deep though...
Can I recommend "Papier Mache" as a modern alternative?
06-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Ben, I had a meeting with Holga myself today, and they were saying they're a little worried that your revealing more than your NDA allows. You may want to start watching what you say

Oh, I also spoke to Betavision earlier this week, and they were saying might have some product samples for you.
They claim they're tapes will give you less noise than DAT Cassette Tape
06-12-2008, 11:59 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Ben, I had a meeting with Holga myself today, and they were saying they're a little worried that your revealing more than your NDA allows. You may want to start watching what you say

Oh, I also spoke to Betavision earlier this week, and they were saying might have some product samples for you.
They claim they're tapes will give you less noise than DAT Cassette Tape
Awwwww DUDE...Tanx

Your the Man