Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Holga Digital "News Flash"

As I have signed an NDA with Holga they have told me what I can and can't say...But this IS HOT!!!

Between 16 to 32 KILO PIXEL "Fork You" technology sensor. Sensitivity from 50 to 75 iso. I would suggest staying closer to 50 because noise does seem to creep in at around 53 iso...Just want to give you guys the heads up. An all new 4 element polystyrene lens that has a maximum aperture of f11.0 and a minimum aperture of f11.0? That must have been a news release typo error. Stores images on a convenient DAT Cassette Tape or if need be a standard Chromium Dioxide analogue cassette tape. Keep them under ninety minutes. It even has a built in automatic advance to the next image. Brilliant. You just have to remove the cassette while pressing the off switch and shutter release. Re-insert the tape and OFF YOU GO...Take another picture. Now this will be greatly appreciated by those Canon fans who need a lightning fast camera for sports. Well this BABY won't let you down. More great news, as with all of the Holga products, the noise out of this Baby is Horrific, thus real cool. I was able to blow up an image to 2"x3" with no problem. I was awe struck. RAW...you don't need it. This F'ing thing is about as RAW as you can get.
The other night I got pissed drunk and puked all over the thing. No problem, just ran the baby under the tap for couple of seconds and off I went...Snapping merrily away. I must have taken geeeezzz at least three photos in a couple of hours.

How much will this beauty be, your asking?

Sorry..Can't answer that as I am under strict NDA control. Let's just say start saving your pennies and I do mean pennies.

Ben:
)

06-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Delerium has set in once again.
06-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Postink drumk, ar we?
06-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Delerium has set in once again.
In an Elvis voice "Than Q"

Ben

06-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I'd rather rub a brick across and then glob Vasoline on an 85mm Pentax 67 lens and shoot with Pentax 67 MF than use a Holga.

On the other hand, I did take apart a plastic single-use 35mm camera so I could 're-use' it.. And sure enough, it produced another roll of shitty images.
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
As I have signed an NDA with Holga they have told me what I can and can't say...But this IS HOT!!!

Between 16 to 32 KILO PIXEL "Fork You" technology sensor. Sensitivity from 50 to 75 iso. I would suggest staying closer to 50 because noise does seem to creep in at around 53 iso...Just want to give you guys the heads up. An all new 4 element polystyrene lens that has a maximum aperture of f11.0 and a minimum aperture of f11.0? That must have been a news release typo error. Stores images on a convenient DAT Cassette Tape or if need be a standard Chromium Dioxide analogue cassette tape. Keep them under ninety minutes. It even has a built in automatic advance to the next image. Brilliant. You just have to remove the cassette while pressing the off switch and shutter release. Re-insert the tape and OFF YOU GO...Take another picture. Now this will be greatly appreciated by those Canon fans who need a lightning fast camera for sports. Well this BABY won't let you down. More great news, as with all of the Holga products, the noise out of this Baby is Horrific, thus real cool. I was able to blow up an image to 2"x3" with no problem. I was awe struck. RAW...you don't need it. This F'ing thing is about as RAW as you can get.
The other night I got pissed drunk and puked all over the thing. No problem, just ran the baby under the tap for couple of seconds and off I went...Snapping merrily away. I must have taken geeeezzz at least three photos in a couple of hours.

How much will this beauty be, your asking?

Sorry..Can't answer that as I am under strict NDA control. Let's just say start saving your pennies and I do mean pennies.

Ben:
)
But Ben! I want one in pink! will they come in different colors? and will it come with a neck brace? ....er....I mean strap! One last question...can I use it to anchor my boat if I get tired of taking pitchers and want to go fishing instead?

NaCl(I'll get one if they come in pink and can use 8 track cassettes too)H2O
06-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Ben I think those French women are driving you mad

I would swear I was taking pictures with that holga camera and not my k20 with some of the crap I've captured though :P

06-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I'm really tired right now, but that is the funniest thing I've heard in months, lol!
06-06-2008, 02:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Yes, I'm really tired right now, but that is the funniest thing I've heard in months, lol!
R U laughing because I dropped Pentax for Holga? Just you wait until next year when they release their PRO Version...You won't laugh then. I just invested my entire fortune in a new technology called "Cassette Decks" that actually use analogue tape on tiny cassettes..That is the future and Holga has the foresight to invest in this amazing technology. I just followed their lead.

Best Wishes
Ben
06-06-2008, 04:01 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Would that be the "Compact Cassette"?
06-06-2008, 04:26 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Exclusive "Photo" of New HOLGA!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote
Would that be the "Compact Cassette"?
Of course..That as well.

Here is a "Hot off the Press" photo of the new "Holga" DSLR

Ben
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Last edited by benjikan; 06-06-2008 at 07:14 AM.
06-06-2008, 04:38 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Diamond Head technology!
(I heard they stole it from NASA)

VHS stands for Very High Sensitivity, I bet.
06-06-2008, 06:22 AM   #13
Not Registered

Damn it. I read: "Holga new flash" and I was already visualizing a yellow lighter and a couple of matches for fill-flash.
06-06-2008, 06:31 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Diamond Head!? man~ got to save a lots to get that!!
06-06-2008, 07:03 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Damm, I'm going to need a bigger tripod!