Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you took the time to read that whole thread on dpreview, some of those people are making Pentax look like cr@p. I will admit that Pentax has it's problems, but if someone's going to be super picky like some of those people are, then maybe they are better off going with C or N. Even with that, still some of those people might very well start nit-picking whichever mount they went with, knowing them.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, definitely go with the glass. Bodies come and go, but glass lasts.

Even with the K10D I have now, I would consider picking up a second more basic body if the price and specs were right.

I also have a pretty bad case of GAS, too--as a result, the beans in my checking account disappear nearly as quickly as I get them. Let's see, in the last month, I've gotten the following gear:

DA55-300
DA35 macro
A100/4 macro
PS Lightroom
lens case for the 17-70
an extra battery for the K10D
Bogen/Manfrotto 486rc2 ballhead
Bogen 3001 tripod (used for $30!)
B/M 680 monopod

still waiting on the Tenba Shootout Mini backpack on backorder from Adorama

By the end of this month, I hope to have:
a smaller shoulder camera bag for when I don't want to take everything
a couple of those Sandisk 4GB Extreme III SD cards

By the end of August, I hope to have the Sigma 10-20.

Yes, I guess I am just a gear-buying fool.
It'll end someday, I hope...

Heather

Last edited by heatherslightbox; 06-08-2008 at 12:23 PM.
06-08-2008, 01:04 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Heather,
It's called Death and you aint close enough for that to happen. I hope you have a very long case of both LBA and GAS. You really have quite a nice stash going for you.

As for speculation, Well, the K200D has already been released and is out on the market so if what Ben thinks holds true we should see the announcement or release of the medium format 645D by late summer early fall. This will be a very welcome announcement.