QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
645Z
Full Frame
High-Range aps-c
Mid-range aps-c
Entry-level aps-c
GR
Q

Future lineup as i have said before. Only thing that might change this, is what the marked demands.
No no no, you got it all wrong.

You missed
Enthusiast grade Q
Basic Q
K01ii (designed by Phillipe starke)
Ricoh coffee maker

04-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #152
Veteran Member

That was supposed to be a secret!
04-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #153

There is something interesting here... Ricoh release a 70-200 and will release a 24-70 and a 15-30 by the end of the year. It is somethig that will happen for sure. FF will be release too, OK.
NOW... a K-3 II seems to arrive. Nobody have predicted it. It will drive the new lenses because of the firmware and the AF speed may be far better than the SDM because of the new DC motor. BUT... 70-200, 24-70 and 15-30 are lenses normaly designed for FF, not for APS-c. And releasing a K-3 II, we see Ricoh don't give up the APSC line. MORE OVER, In an interview I remember Ricoh representative saying the APSC line of lenses, the Star ones, will be updated. For me it clearly means that new motors for better AF perf and new coating are coming for APSC. SO I think we should have maybe this year a new 16-50 and 50-135 for our APSC line. I think 'this year' because what's the point to release an new APSC today that will work with a range of lenses that can't keep up with the potential of the new APSC flagship? It would be a non sense for me.
04-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
You've suffered through countless "look what my K3 can do" threads for these past few years, you deserve it...
@Stravi:

True enough !!

.... The thing which really kept me away from getting the K3 was (has been) this "floppy/flappy" mirror syndrome.
I could deal with the supposed "noisier" rendering at higher ISO, no problem.

Now this rumour is happening and I am waiting to see what will materialize out of it.
Then, it will be a matter of another "wait" to see how it performs ...

Problem is: if Pentax keep on adding new APS-C bodies, I'll have to make a decisive choice one of those days, otherwise I'll be well into my pension plan/retirement with no energy to go out and take pictures !

JP

04-16-2015, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Black_Wizards Quote
Nobody have predicted it.
04-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #156
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
No arguing there, so much for D7200 being labeled the King of the APS-C. There's a new King coming to town....
Who labeled the D7200 king of APS-C? Because it has the highest overall DxO sensor score (by a couple points)?
These days, you can make huge prints with any modern APS-C. The difference in IQ is pretty negligible in real life shooting.
There are much more important considerations than a few points on the overall DxO sensor, especially when it that score is bogus (look at the measurements tab if you want a better judgement on how a sensor behaves in real life).

Even long time Nikon bloggers are not very impressed with the D7200 and would rather see the imaginary D400 (the K-3 and 7D mkii are much closer to the their desired D400 than the D7200).
04-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #157
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
Who labeled the D7200 king of APS-C?
DXO-Mark did. Dpreview Labeled the Samsung NX-1 King (but the D7200 is not ready yet )

04-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #158

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
AH AH! Sorry! I don't read every post here!
04-16-2015, 01:29 PM   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
... just give me that bloody motor!
I hear you. I'd pay to send my 16-50 in for an upgrade right now.
04-16-2015, 01:31 PM   #160
Veteran Member

AH AH! Sorry! I don't read every post here!
I know..so wasn't that serious
04-16-2015, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #161
Veteran Member

There is something interesting here... Ricoh release a 70-200 and will release a 24-70 and a 15-30 by the end of the year. It is somethig that will happen for sure. FF will be release too, OK.
NOW... a K-3 II seems to arrive. Nobody have predicted it. It will drive the new lenses because of the firmware and the AF speed may be far better than the SDM because of the new DC motor. BUT... 70-200, 24-70 and 15-30 are lenses normaly designed for FF, not for APS-c. And releasing a K-3 II, we see Ricoh don't give up the APSC line. MORE OVER, In an interview I remember Ricoh representative saying the APSC line of lenses, the Star ones, will be updated. For me it clearly means that new motors for better AF perf and new coating are coming for APSC. SO I think we should have maybe this year a new 16-50 and 50-135 for our APSC line. I think 'this year' because what's the point to release an new APSC today that will work with a range of lenses that can't keep up with the potential of the new APSC flagship? It would be a non sense for me.
K3II has been predicted since the K3 price drop before christmas, then again since KS2 was announced, then essentially confirmed by Kenspo when he mentioned three new bodies this year including new Aps-C before Octoberish release of FF.
Releasing the 70-200 is sensible because the range is perfect for sports, where fast AF is most critical. The 24-70 and 15-30 will be released closer to the FF release.
I'm not sure how quickly the Da* will get updated since the DC ring type motor would require an entirely new lens barrel design, and the focus in the short term will be to release new FF lenses. HD coating which is slightly better and significantly cheaper to apply than SMC will be used on all standard lenses. Aerobright II (HD on SMC) will be used on the * lenses and possible a FA ltd upgrade if it happens.
IMHO
04-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #162

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
DXO-Mark did. Dpreview Labeled the Samsung NX-1 King (but the D7200 is not ready yet )
Pfu... stop with DxO. If you want the top APSC image quality, take a Sigma DP3. You will answer me "no, because a camera is more than the image quality". Good answer! Pentax cameras have a great finish, a bunch of useful options, and a great lenses selection for APSC. Remember you buy a system not only a sensor and a image processor.

I was looking a time for the NX1 and honestly.. well... it has 2 great zooms, ok and it seems to have a lag with the EVF I can't live with when you shoot "decisive moments" So it's not perfect
04-16-2015, 01:43 PM - 2 Likes   #163
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
[EDIT:] In the past I would have said:
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
DXO-Mark will review the K-3 II, but use their data from the K-3 review to 'prove' it is nothing special.
DPReview will do a 1-page snap review in October and then 'work on' the full K-3 II review until some time in 2017.
Adam says this time might be different.

Here's hoping! [/EDIT:]

Last edited by monochrome; 04-17-2015 at 06:10 AM.
04-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #164
Veteran Member

It should be noted that the timing couldn't be better for a K3 II release with the recent uninspiring upgrades from cannon and nikon to their APS-C flagships. A K3 II is likely to be the best in its class for a while to come unless nikon finally caves in and makes a d400
04-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #165

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
the focus in the short term will be to release new FF lenses
It seems to me too that the focus should be the FF so why releasing an new "high end" APSC now?

K3II has been predicted since the K3 price drop before christmas, then again since KS2 was announced
Those rumors are not rumors since it's always the same as soon a camera is released or a price drop occurs, everybody begins to think about what is coming next... without any clues.

then essentially confirmed by Kenspo
Yes I think I miss some of his posts here.