sssst....

04-17-2015, 05:00 AM - 2 Likes   #212
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
he dies.

next!
He breaks his ankle on the Millenium Falcon, then he crashes an antique airplane.
04-17-2015, 05:00 AM - 2 Likes   #213
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
But i will not be talking more about this camera or the coming FF. It seems like someone have been making complains about me to people higher up in the hierarchy. So I'm not gonna risk to be cut off completely. I can answer questions about stuff that has been made public, but that is all. Sorry But so much good times ahead. So smile and be happy..The tide has turned!
Don't know if it fits Ricoh strategy but you just gave us confidence in Ricoh and that's probably the best value for them.
04-17-2015, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #214
Pentaxian

But i will not be talking more about this camera or the coming FF. It seems like someone have been making complains about me to people higher up in the hierarchy. So I'm not gonna risk to be cut off completely. I can answer questions about stuff that has been made public, but that is all. Sorry But so much good times ahead. So smile and be happy..The tide has turned!
It's sad that people would resort to such things, but - unfortunately - not unexpected. Be careful.

And if the higher up people are unsure about you, just point them out to your supporters here, who are appreciating the positive vibe and hints.

04-17-2015, 05:03 AM - 2 Likes   #215
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
Don't know if it fits Ricoh strategy but you just gave us confidence in Ricoh and that's probably the best value for them.
I hope so..good to hear. Will have a talk with them later on, where to put the list

---------- Post added 04-17-15 at 02:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It's sad that people would resort to such things, but - unfortunately - not unexpected. Be careful.

And if the higher up people are unsure about you, just point them out to your supporters here, who are appreciating the positive vibe and hints.
I dont know 100% what has happen, but i think its wise to lay low for a while..Until i can agree with them what and when etc.

The most important thing, is not what i can share or not, but that things now are really happening big time. I've said it before, and i say it again; The tide has turned
04-17-2015, 05:24 AM   #216
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope so..good to hear. Will have a talk with them later on, where to put the list

---------- Post added 04-17-15 at 02:05 PM ----------

I dont know 100% what has happen, but i think its wise to lay low for a while..Until i can agree with them what and when etc.

The most important thing, is not what i can share or not, but that things now are really happening big time. I've said it before, and i say it again; The tide has turned
yes but is this a tsunami or a Nice huge wave surfers will enjoy
by not being very forthcoming(ff specs for ex) Richoh may lose alot of people sitting on the Nikon/canon fence..but maybe they don't care..as with such a small market share of DSLR's sales,tis is just a hobby for them ??
04-17-2015, 05:31 AM   #217
Pentaxian

Ricoh is very forthcoming - they will surely publish the FF specs when it will be officially announced.

04-17-2015, 05:50 AM   #218
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by astron Quote
All you folks hoping for better sensors are wrong.
According to DXO tests, Nikon D7200 sensor - manufactured by Sony - has better dynamic (14,6 ev vs 13. ev). I can't see why K3 mk2 couldn't have this sensor
04-17-2015, 06:16 AM   #219
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
According to DXO tests, Nikon D7200 sensor - manufactured by Sony - has better dynamic (14,6 ev vs 13. ev). I can't see why K3 mk2 couldn't have this sensor
the K5II has 14.1 DR..so must be possible Tests and reviews for the camera Pentax K-5 II - DxOMark
04-17-2015, 06:25 AM   #220
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote

I think I have a pretty good idea who it may have been...a certain someone displaying unhealthy levels of jealousy over someone having more inside info than himself.
04-17-2015, 06:33 AM - 1 Like   #221
Veteran Member

There will always be some negative people online. I stick my head out, so i was aware that not everybody would be only positive. But no good comes out of speculations and name dropping etc. Not long until things are public anyway, so let us be happy and look forward to that!

I will speak with Ricoh later where to out the bar in the future. Its not like i will totally disappear hehe
04-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #222

Makes sense, as it seems like current stores are blowing out the K3 (I just bought one from Adorama yesterday with the grip and 50/1.8 for a hair under $820). I was planning on leaving Pentax, because I can't really afford their lenses anymore, but it's hard to beat the price on that kit.

Coming from a K20D and a K01 (that I never liked the AF/handling on), it will feel like a evolution and a half, but I could see Pentax adding things to keep up with the Jones', like an articulated screen, wifi/nfc/gps, and an improved sensor from Sony with the MKII.
04-17-2015, 06:39 AM   #223
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
the K5II has 14.1 DR..so must be possible Tests and reviews for the camera Pentax K-5 II - DxOMark
Yes, but with only 16 Mpixels, so larger pixels gives better dynamic range. The challenge is to have at least the same dynamic range as the K5 with the 24 mpixels of the K3... According to D7200 tests, it is possible with the latest Sony sensor
04-17-2015, 06:46 AM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lay low. This is what happened to the last PentaxForums mole...except it was his "shutter button" finger.

04-17-2015, 06:47 AM   #225
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by guinnessman Quote
Makes sense, as it seems like current stores are blowing out the K3 (I just bought one from Adorama yesterday with the grip and 50/1.8 for a hair under $820). I was planning on leaving Pentax, because I can't really afford their lenses anymore, but it's hard to beat the price on that kit.

Coming from a K20D and a K01 (that I never liked the AF/handling on), it will feel like a evolution and a half, but I could see Pentax adding things to keep up with the Jones', like an articulated screen, wifi/nfc/gps, and an improved sensor from Sony with the MKII.
Yeah, Pentax lenses aren't exactly cheap anymore. However, look for DA* 16-50mm and DA* 50-135 (and other lenses that have both SDM and screwdrive) with SDM problems but otherwise in good condition: their selling price is low but optical quality is great. Just convert them to screw drive which is noisier but faster than SDM and of course reliable. SDM problems were a blessing in disguise for those of us who are on a budget :-)

I saved so much by doing just that and now I can afford a new K3 II :-)