This camera will compete with the D7200 so.. my guess is that it will have

- Improved 24MP sensor
- WiFi and NFC
- New Image processor
- AF C improvement
- Movie mode improvement
- 1.2M dot Screen
- More AF points

And who knows.. maybe some of the future FF features..

04-15-2015, 09:54 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm surprising they are bothering with a II update. Just wait another year and release a new flag-ship. FF is coming this year. This will just be a small blip on the media outlets.
04-15-2015, 09:56 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Add wifi, add a new sensor, fix the poor quality mode knob, not much else major that needs to be done to the K3.
04-15-2015, 10:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The greater hump on the flash hints to a change in the pentaprism housing, which means the body of the K3 is redesigned. This is a big departure from the K5/ii/s update strategy. Exciting times....

04-15-2015, 10:38 PM   #20

Looks like without head flash! Probably bigger pentaprism for more OVF coverage!

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2015 at 07:46 ----------

Maybe APC-H?
04-15-2015, 10:56 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suspect the higher peak on top of the pentaprism housing is just a revised on-board flash unit, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The rest of the body looks to be much the same as the K-3's: the two photos are from slightly different elevations, and the lenses fitted are different, so it's easy to get misled about change.

Given the recent appearance of the revised Nikon rival, I would reckon this body has to incorporate some more features, such as built-in WiFi and a faster processor, and maybe (but not necessarily) a tilt LCD screen. I think a fully articulating screen would be visible at the angle the photo was taken at. Given all that and the age of the current K-3, June/July delivery would be both achievable and timely.
04-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Ricoh have stated some sort of improved IBIS for the upcoming FF, so maybe something there.
Then there is the Hybrid OLF patent, which could tie into the bigger prisms housing.
People keep saying they should pre test their new tech before launching it in a FF.
How about some wireless flash control? Or an electronic shutter that allows HSS (if that is possible)

04-15-2015, 11:29 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
I'm surprising they are bothering with a II update. Just wait another year and release a new flag-ship. FF is coming this year. This will just be a small blip on the media outlets.

Exposure.

Ricoh seems to have a plan of becoming a bigger player in the market. I think they want to have multiple options for the user and a II will keep Pentax in the mix. I had heard 3 new models this year....all at the same time. When was the last time Pentax had 3 new models all at the same time for new customers to check out and buy ?
04-15-2015, 11:35 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimC1101 Quote
Exposure.

Ricoh seems to have a plan of becoming a bigger player in the market. I think they want to have multiple options for the user and a II will keep Pentax in the mix. I had heard 3 new models this year....all at the same time. When was the last time Pentax had 3 new models all at the same time for new customers to check out and buy ?
like having Spielberg release three movies in the same year....I just hope no shortcuts were taken to achieve such a monumental task..
04-15-2015, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I suspect the higher peak on top of the pentaprism housing is just a revised on-board flash unit, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The rest of the body looks to be much the same as the K-3's: the two photos are from slightly different elevations, and the lenses fitted are different, so it's easy to get misled about change.

Given the recent appearance of the revised Nikon rival, I would reckon this body has to incorporate some more features, such as built-in WiFi and a faster processor, and maybe (but not necessarily) a tilt LCD screen. I think a fully articulating screen would be visible at the angle the photo was taken at. Given all that and the age of the current K-3, June/July delivery would be both achievable and timely.

Or space for a GPS unit?
04-15-2015, 11:48 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Taking a closer look at the hump, I'm of the opinion that the pop-up flash is still there, just redesigned somewhat.
04-15-2015, 11:54 PM - 2 Likes   #27
Veteran Member

Many of you will be surprised and happy.,A few will be dissapointed. Cant win please them all
04-16-2015, 12:03 AM   #28
Pentaxian

All questions should be answered on or before Tuesday (Monday night in the Americas).
04-16-2015, 12:15 AM - 1 Like   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Many of you will be surprised and happy.,A few will be dissapointed. Cant win please them all
So no mirrorless mount and no antique aperture coupling! Also doesn't come with free FF
04-16-2015, 12:16 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote

Ok, forget about the surprised and happy.....what will be the disappointment be ?