Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2015, 05:11 AM   #61
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimC1101 Quote
Most likely will have articulated screen and wifi....which will not show in the angle of the picture that was added. To me, it looks like a K-3 with the "II" added, just as was done with the K-5 upgrade.
Not sure about the screen, since that would technically require a redesign of the whole body.

I think the K-3 II will be a very exciting upgrade over the K-3 in other areas

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-16-2015, 05:11 AM   #62
Pentaxian

Hummmm.... I really believe gaweidert is right re. our bank account depletion.... that is becomming very serious....
04-16-2015, 05:23 AM   #63
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Nice to upgrade the K-3.
04-16-2015, 05:24 AM - 1 Like   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Considering that we're a community that supposedly has a lot of experience manipulating digital images, I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised that an extremely upsampled low-res thumbnail-sized image looks bad/distorted. There's a whole cottage industry out there of loons SWEARING that aliens exist based on pixel rounding errors and such on upsampled low-res images from he various Mars landers and other space probes.

We've got several outlets reporting on this, as well as hints from severla previously reliable sources that the new model is coming, so it's a very good bet that this thing is real. Attempting to discredit it on the basis that the first leaked image is a lo- res shot of what is probably a pre-production model (not because it is "shopped," as some would have it) seems like a rather pointless exercise.
Amen. I've only paid attention to the Pentax rumor mill for a few years, but pattern combined with common sense combined with known insiders validating the gist of the rumor...if you want more verification than that, just wait for the press release!

04-16-2015, 05:25 AM   #65

I literally bought the K-3 Prestige Edition yesterday.....
04-16-2015, 05:27 AM   #66
Pentaxian

There is no reason whatsoever why early leaks should be low res. I am sure the high res images are ready and already been distributed around the world if it is going to be announced in less than two weeks. Digicame.info is always the one to get these pics first. Tomorrow they will leak specs. It's all a great show, including hints of shopping the image
04-16-2015, 05:33 AM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess we'll see. I'm currently saving my shekels for the full frame camera coming out in the fall. This would have to be awfully good to make me jump in quicker, although I guess I could always upgrade my K5 II to a K3 II and use the K3 as a back up.

04-16-2015, 05:34 AM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I have decided to leak all the information out................... It will have those features that are in it's specifications. kenspo is snickering at my audacity.

The one feature that scares me most is that they may have found a way to automatically decrement out savings accounts and send us the camera without us knowing it. If so I hope that it also has a feature to keeps out spouses form finding out about it. Maybe a virtual image projector that makes it look like a K5 to everyone but the owner.
Savings account, what's that?
04-16-2015, 05:39 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron_Man Quote
I literally bought the K-3 Prestige Edition yesterday.....
The rounds of upgrades in digital cameras is depressing and especially so if you buy high end equipment, but ultimately I doubt that the K-3 II will enable you take shots you couldn't get with the K-3, which is an excellent camera as it is.

The only thing that might make me look at the K-3 II is if it has some major new additions such as:

- The pixel shifting technology
- Maybe the EL LCD overlay rumour (that's actually now years old...)
- More than a stop more sensitive

TBH regarding the AF I think the K-3 is fast enough for the lenses that I have.

---------- Post added 04-16-15 at 01:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I guess we'll see. I'm currently saving my shekels for the full frame camera coming out in the fall. This would have to be awfully good to make me jump in quicker, although I guess I could always upgrade my K5 II to a K3 II and use the K3 as a back up.
I'm in the process of buying a house which - in the UK at least - involves slapping down £££ on bizarre fees and charges that makes saving for a FF camera seem like pocket change. It's ruined my understanding of the value of money. Previously I'd not considered buying the FF as it would cost me more than I could justify. But compared with a house....
04-16-2015, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #70
Veteran Member

5-Axis IBIS
High resolution stacking mode using IBIS - Pixel Shift
New 24MP APS-C Sony Sensor with faster frame rate
Improved OVF
Improved AF
Better SD card switching
Better HD video for those who care
New Image Processor with a lot more power
Improved in camera RAW processing - More Control
Better JPEG processing and better handling of Reds - fix the magenta cast
Film emulation modes
WiFi - The Flu card is just not going to cut it unless they are going to add a 3rd SD card slot.
Improved Color/WB meter

I'm sure Ricoh has a lot of technology they want to put on the market and get the bugs out before they ship the FF.
04-16-2015, 05:42 AM - 2 Likes   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
Savings account, what's that?
The thing you try to put in as much money as possible, between two Pentax releases
04-16-2015, 05:43 AM   #72
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
5-Axis IBIS
High resolution stacking mode using IBIS
New 24MP APS-C Sony Sensor with faster frame rate
Improved OVF
Improved AF
Better SD card switching
Better HD video for those who care
New Image Processor with a lot more power
Improved in camera RAW processing - More Control
WiFi - The Flu card is just not going to cut it unless they are going to add a 3rd SD card slot.
Improved Color/WB meter

I'm sure Ricoh has a lot of technology they want to put on the market and get the bugs out before they ship the FF.
So basically a refinement of the K-3, which is what the name suggests that it would be.
04-16-2015, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Look at the K-3 II logo. clear tint differences with the body tint around. When true then Ricoh shopped badly themselves.
I suspect they're JPEG artefacts. There's similar differences around the Pentax name. Remember when people speculated that the bulge for the audio socket on the K-3 leaked photos was poor Photoshop work?
04-16-2015, 05:58 AM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
This means that the prices on the current K3 will drop even more.
Doubtful. The K-3 is priced about where the K-5 was priced when the K-5II/S came out. I also completely disbelieve this rumor.
04-16-2015, 05:59 AM - 5 Likes   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I think the leak looks shopped.
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Looks cheesy or Photoshop to me... don't know why "II" is not in line with "k-3" in the labelling, it works in the k-5IIs camera.
Remember...

On September 7th, 2012 we got this from Digital Camera Info:

??????K-5 II ? K-5 IIs ???????????????? - ????info

People were claiming it was a bad Photoshop job and on the 11th K-5 II and K-5 IIs were announced.

On September 27th, 2013 we got this from Digital Camera Info:

??????K-3?????? - ????info

People were claiming it was a bad Photoshop job and on October 7th K-3 was announced.

"History is a perpetual recommencement" (Θουκυδίδης / Thucydides, c. 460 BC - c. 411 BC)