Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #166
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Black_Wizards Quote
es I think I miss some of his posts here.

04-16-2015, 02:00 PM   #167
Pentaxian

It seems to me too that the focus should be the FF so why releasing an new "high end" APSC now?
Why not?
I admit underestimating their capacity, I thought they would release only one 'flagship' product per year. But if they can do it...
And both tele zooms would fit it nicely.
04-16-2015, 02:00 PM - 3 Likes   #168
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
In other news, the new Star Wars trailer dropped today...

Last edited by Stavri; 04-16-2015 at 02:47 PM.
04-16-2015, 02:06 PM - 1 Like   #169
Veteran Member

It seems to me too that the focus should be the FF so why releasing an new "high end" APSC now?
The product cycle for their flagship is 18 months, so its due, plus the competitors have shown their hand, and it will give them a chance to show off some new tech that would be in the upcoming FF, which will build excitement in the market. Its not like everyone is only interested in FF, some of us would like a dual format system with interchangable lenses!

04-16-2015, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #170
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
DXO-Mark will review the K-3 II, but use their data from the K-3 review to 'prove' it is nothing special.
DPReview will do a 1-page snap review in October and then 'work on' the full K-3 II review until some time in 2017.
Lol, in the meantime dipreview will note its release by saying the camera doesn't have flashing disco lights or come in a variety of colours and managing to suggest the bundled kit lens is dodgy. About 400 Nikon and Fuji fans will note in the comments section that a 2.57 per cent deviation in pixel pitch at the micron level is clearly discernible and renders the camera useless.
04-16-2015, 02:30 PM   #171
Veteran Member

I'd still love to have a mirrorless APC camera from Pentax with a retro feel. Something like the performance of the Sony A6000 but with way better prime lens lineup.
04-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #172
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
DXO-Mark will review the K-3 II, but use their data from the K-3 review to 'prove' it is nothing special.
DPReview will do a 1-page snap review in October and then 'work on' the full K-3 II review until some time in 2017.
You might just be surprised this time around

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-16-2015, 02:41 PM   #173
Veteran Member

Pfu... stop with DxO. If you want the top APSC image quality, take a Sigma DP3. You will answer me "no, because a camera is more than the image quality". Good answer! Pentax cameras have a great finish, a bunch of useful options, and a great lenses selection for APSC. Remember you buy a system not only a sensor and a image processor.

I was looking a time for the NX1 and honestly.. well... it has 2 great zooms, ok and it seems to have a lag with the EVF I can't live with when you shoot "decisive moments" So it's not perfect
AFAIC the Sigma DP3 I have blows the Pentax,Nikon,Canon,Samsung.. back to the dark ages!! in this focal length..for $350 this is the Best APS-C out there for IQ..and BOB(birds on branches under 2 m away )
Many good tools to choose from these days
04-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Because FF is only 10% of the market? APS-C is still the bread and butter. Even most of the FF advocates will admit the main reason Pentax needed a FF was so they could say they had one and offer a, never used, imaginary upgrade path. 90% of buyers are still going to go APS-C but they will now have the comfort of having that safety net of a Pentax FF if they ever want to "go pro".

Releasing an APS-C flagship now is smart. The competition just did which tends to make the k-3 look dated (even if it is still holding it's own). They announced the FF to reassure those that might hold back on a Pentax buy because of the "no upgrade path" thing. Then they let rumors about the price of the FF stir about for a while. Then they release a new k-3II with category leading specs at a competitive price. Lot's of fence sitters will go for it. They really did not want a $2,500 FF camera anyway so now they can get the "almost as good" $1,200 k-3II. And of course they can upgrade to FF next year if it looks good.

Of course since Ricoh has no idea what they are doing that is just random speculation........................
04-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
On other news, the new Star Wars trailer dropped today...

https://youtu.be/ngElkyQ6Rhs
wow Harrison Ford got really old!! just think how young he'd look if they used the new K3II(We got the force) camera
04-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #176
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You might just be surprised this time around
You're probably right. I will be happy to be surprised.

That will be another 'shared irony' we'll have to kill - just like PiD.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-16-2015 at 08:11 PM.
04-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
I nearly bought Hoya progressive eyeglass lenses with Pentax SMC coatings but they were too expensive. I suspect that the SMC patents were the real reason that Hoya bought a camera company.
Pentax sold the eyeglass division to Seiko in 2004...
04-16-2015, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #178
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
wow Harrison Ford got really old!! just think how young he'd look if they used the new K3II(We got the force) camera
Yeah that scene with chewbacca at the end came as a surprise. But I'm glad that Lucas originally decided to have the same actors playing old the characters, since that will give the trilogy a better sense of continuity IMO.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-16-2015, 03:04 PM   #179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yeah that scene with chewbacca at the end came as a surprise. But I'm glad that Lucas originally decided to have the same actors playing old the characters, since that will give the trilogy a better sense of continuity IMO.
Let's make a deal Adam, you tell me the specs on the new K3ii and I'll tell you the plot of new Star Wars movie (and what happens to Han Solo)
04-16-2015, 03:06 PM   #180

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote

Instead of laughing, could you expose your thoughts about new DC motorised 16-50 and 50-135 f2,8 for APSC coming this years? Am I dreaming?