Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2015, 03:08 PM   #181
Veteran Member

I predicted the new APSC was coming before the FF. Simply they need to test some feature that will be in FF and give a taste of what is coming

Here the essential feature that will be needed in the future FF and will be tested in the next APSC Flagship.

A) Tethering with Lightroom will be my 1st new feature.
B) Higher speed for flash
C) Wifi
The rest will be improvement for the actual K3( Bettter AF,better tracking, higher resolution back screen,)
Some feature could be nice but not essential is better video

04-16-2015, 03:13 PM   #182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
A) Tethering with Lightroom will be my 1st new feature.
Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!
04-16-2015, 03:15 PM - 2 Likes   #183

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
New features. No Ricoh logo on the back.
Agreed...it needs to be moved to the front as they appear to be saving Pentax. :-)
04-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by indy Quote
Agreed...it needs to be moved to the front as they appear to be saving Pentax. :-)
well said...

04-16-2015, 04:04 PM   #185
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
Let's make a deal Adam, you tell me the specs on the new K3ii and I'll tell you the plot of new Star Wars movie (and what happens to Han Solo)
he dies.

next!
04-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #186
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
he dies.

next!
Oh C'mon....
04-16-2015, 04:07 PM   #187
Veteran Member

Oh C'mon....
bahahahahaha

I have no idea. I haven't checked any of the rumor sites or anything.

but I am a fan!

just trolling....but if my troll is right... I'm sorry!

04-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #188
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joshua A Quote
Obviously the new camera has a user replaceable/customisable viewfinder, aka Pentax LX-esque.
This looks to me like you're fishing for a response from Kenspo
04-16-2015, 05:48 PM   #189

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
This looks to me like you're fishing for a response from Kenspo

As if, why would anyone want a response from Kenspo? It's not like he has been a highly credible source or anything.

But in all honesty, interchangeable viewfinders are something I don't believe Pentax could pull off, even though it'd be a very compelling and useful feature
04-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #190
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
It should be noted that the timing couldn't be better for a K3 II release with the recent uninspiring upgrades from cannon and nikon to their APS-C flagships. A K3 II is likely to be the best in its class for a while to come unless nikon finally caves in and makes a d400
At another photo discussion board, a guy has just used DXO data to demonstrate that the Nikon D7200 is the most wonderful APS-C camera, so I guess everyone else should just give up.
04-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #191
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
At another photo discussion board, a guy has just used DXO data to demonstrate that the Nikon D7200 is the most wonderful APS-C camera, so I guess everyone else should just give up.
Well, that settles it .... I am moving on to Nikon !!
Of course, DXO data are the only sure source of true information; the sacred book of photography.
04-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #192

Production of the new tech (AF/Processor) would be very well underway for the FF, so a release like this leveraging existing product lines, expanding them into the new direction, all whilst bringing in some much needed return for the eofy. It will also let them tweak said new tech for the FF release that they really want to impact with. Essentially giving them the data to make a gen 1.5 product.

I'm not sure what whizbang sensor tech they could include, but it should be an extremely well rounded camera.
04-16-2015, 06:55 PM   #193
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bibz Quote
Production of the new tech (AF/Processor) would be very well underway for the FF, so a release like this leveraging existing product lines, expanding them into the new direction, all whilst bringing in some much needed return for the eofy. It will also let them tweak said new tech for the FF release that they really want to impact with. Essentially giving them the data to make a gen 1.5 product.

I'm not sure what whizbang sensor tech they could include, but it should be an extremely well rounded camera.
24-26MP with Sony A7S low light performance,Nikonish AF-C tracking, Sensor shift for stills,WIFI & tethered,bulb live view like Oly,small espresso maker on back.as we will never sleep finding out all the new tricks this baby has!!!
04-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #194
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Let's make a deal Adam, you tell me the specs on the new K3ii and I'll tell you the plot of new Star Wars movie (and what happens to Han Solo)
I think that deal would favor you Normally I look at spoilers, but in this case I want to stay as far away as possible.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #195
Pentaxian

Very interesting. I thought that the full frame would occupy the engineering team, but obviously Ricoh is pulling out the stops. I can't see a minor updates making sense, so it will be interesting.

What would make me buy? Especially when I would have to choose?

Better IQ. The k3 is nice but not luscious. A stop or two better noise performance, more depth in the shadows.

Substantial AF performance improvement.

Anything else would be a bonus, but those two together get me spending my money.

A vigorous aps-c offering won't steal any thunder from the full frame to come if it is to be offered to a completely different market. Although I suspect Ricoh is nowhere near that kind of games. Put out the very best you can, get the sales from whatever sells.

Last edited by derekkite; 04-16-2015 at 07:33 PM.