So it's more or less this (using current models):

645Z
(Pentax FF camera)
K-3
K-S2
K-S1?
GR
Q7 (or Q-S1?)

? Wouldn't it be more like ? (just wondering)....?

645Z
(Pentax FF)
K-3II
K-50 replacement
K-S2
GR
Q7 (or Q-s1)

Or is the K-S2 both the mid range and low range APS-C camera? Is the K-S1 discontinued yet?

04-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #242
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
This seems to be a relevant part:

Milbeaut surveillance camera processor M-8M is the latest generation of Milbeaut direction for security surveillance applications chip products, the use of Cortex A5 MP processor, by embedding different image processing algorithms, including noise reduction, SPR, ELA, as well as H. 264 encoder to achieve ultra-high definition 4K @ 30P single-stream output or HD FHD Rd multi-stream output. The product has a good quality image processing capabilities, and built-in DSP and a series of intelligent algorithms (such as haze removal technology, etc.) to support TCP / IP, RTP / UDP / IP, especially for network cameras and video cameras and other sports applications.

Although they are talking about surveillance camera's.
Yep, and googling around, you'll find an article (what's the trust level though..) about Nikon D810 and Milbeaut M-7M (just as the K-3 AFAICT).
Did Nikon go M-7M or M-8M in D7200... I dunno.
04-17-2015, 09:01 AM   #243
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote

645Z
(Pentax FF)
K-3II
K-50 replacement
K-S2
GR
Q7 (or Q-s1)

Or is the K-S2 both the mid range and low range APS-C camera? Is the K-S1 discontinued yet?

I think the K-S2 is and will be the mid-level. There would be no reason to upgrade the K-50 since what could it get that the K-S2 doesn't already have. The K-S1 will still be around, just bring the price down and entry level users will buy it. Also, with all the new Pentax cameras that will be available this year (WOW), now, any type of user can have an option from entry level to pro. Just my opinion.
04-17-2015, 09:06 AM   #244
Veteran Member

No, K-S1 is still in the lineup - K-S2 is a level above, not a successor.
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Did Nikon go M-7M or M-8M in D7200... I dunno.
EXPEED 4, so M-7M.

04-17-2015, 09:14 AM - 1 Like   #245
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Milbeaut M-8M was ready in march so it didn't make it into to d7200. It's also a bit early for de K3 II unless they had preproduction samples to work with.
04-17-2015, 09:19 AM   #246
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Milbeaut M-8M was ready in march so it didn't make it into to d7200. It's also a bit early for de K3 II unless they had preproduction samples to work with.
Wasn't part of the K-3 delay waiting to test the PRIME III image processor pre-production samples?
04-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #247
Banned

This would breng 4k video as one of the new futures. Nice and fast upgrade would that be.

---------- Post added 17-04-15 at 18:30 ----------

This would breng 4k video as one of the new futures. Nice and fase upgrade would that be.
FUJITSU SEMICONDUCTOR LIMITED ASIA E-newsletter

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 04-17-2015 at 09:30 AM.
04-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

645Z
(Pentax FF)
K-3II
K-50 replacement
K-S2
GR
Q7 (or Q-s1)

I was actually using current models, but the K-S2 appears to be more of a mid-level, K-50 replacement based on its pricing and feature set. The K-S1, ill-fated as it is, seems to fit the bill of an entry-level camera (most notably, the only non-WR DSLR in the Pentax lineup), although even it has better features than the previous entry-level Pentax DSLR, the K-500. The K-S1 isn't selling well but it hasn't been discontinued yet, only some of the "special edition" color combinations.
04-17-2015, 09:48 AM   #249
Pentaxian

4K also needs a sensor that has fast enough read out. I believe the new sony 24mp aps-c sensor has that. Things have to come together though. The full frame is not likely to have 4k because there is not a fast enough sensor yet (unless they use the one from the A7s or sony introduces a new FF sensor).
04-17-2015, 10:37 AM   #250
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
Whenever I see a blocky image like this, I assume Photoshop...probably poorly done and then compressed at 10% JPEG quality to hide it.
I wonder about your poinion on the full frame Pentax - can anything be more blocky?
04-17-2015, 10:38 AM   #251
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So is this camera going to be announced next week?
04-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #252
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
I read a interview from a Sony exec some time ago on how they divide their sensor in tiers, the top one are almost exclusively used on their products (and delayed when sold to other camera manufactures). I'd like to believe that there could be two new products being released simultaneously, one from Sony and another from Nikon Canon or Ricoh showcasing the same new sensor, but I'm very skeptical of the company's motives.
And when years/months ago some here stated that it probably worked that way, they were laughed at.
Happy to see this is official. You got a link of any kind? Thanks !

---------- Post added 17-04-15 at 18:41 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
I was actually using current models, but the K-S2 appears to be more of a mid-level, K-50 replacement based on its pricing and feature set. The K-S1, ill-fated as it is, seems to fit the bill of an entry-level camera (most notably, the only non-WR DSLR in the Pentax lineup), although even it has better features than the previous entry-level Pentax DSLR, the K-500. The K-S1 isn't selling well but it hasn't been discontinued yet, only some of the "special edition" color combinations.
I dunno exactly the state of things (official and unofficial) of the KS-1 but the fire sales which took places on Amazon not long ago were hard to believe. I think they went at about 350€ (I think kit lens included). Seems clear enough to me. Unless...

---------- Post added 17-04-15 at 18:44 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
This would breng 4k video as one of the new futures. Nice and fast upgrade would that be.

---------- Post added 17-04-15 at 18:30 ----------

This would breng 4k video as one of the new futures. Nice and fase upgrade would that be.
FUJITSU SEMICONDUCTOR LIMITED ASIA E-newsletter
Thanks, it confirms the 4K capability of the M8M. If the K-3II hasn't it, FF will (but FF sensor with 4K? Who knows...)
04-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #253
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
A fragment from an Dpreview interview with Shigenki Ishizuka during Photokina 2014, (President of Sony's Digital Imaging Business group)
Full interview: Photokina 2014: Sony interview - 'we still need to create more lenses': Digital Photography Review

Sony sensors can be found in cameras from several different manufacturers. How does your sensor business work?

When we make sensors we put them in several categories. [At any given time] one category of sensors is reserved purely for Sony cameras - we don’t sell them to other companies. Like the sensor in the A7S. But once we’ve enjoyed this advantage we might sell them on later, after some time has passed. This is the second category. The third category of sensors is completely generic - the sensors are created for use internally and to sell externally, to anybody. China or Taiwan or wherever.

Thanks Stavri. Clear enough IMO.
04-17-2015, 12:17 PM   #254
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"When we make sensors we put them in several categories. [At any given time] one category of sensors is reserved purely for Sony cameras - we don’t sell them to other companies. Like the sensor in the A7S. But once we’ve enjoyed this advantage we might sell them on later, after some time has passed. This is the second category. The third category of sensors is completely generic - the sensors are created for use internally and to sell externally, to anybody. China or Taiwan or wherever."

The question is, will Ricoh buy the most expensive, best sensor Sony makes available or opt for a slightly older but somewhat less expensive technology?
04-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #255
Veteran Member

They must be competitive, so they must be at the same level - or even better - than the D7200. So they must integrate the same sensor...