QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
- The new lightsaber has decorative lights on the grip
Ricoh makes lightsabers?

04-18-2015, 03:44 AM - 1 Like   #287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
So if Ricoh is prepared to pay for a top-class sensor, they'll get it. And based on cameras like the 645z, the K-3 and the new lenses, they don't seem to be going the cheap route for their higher-end models.
Enlightenment.
04-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #288
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
It sounds, like you shouldn't choose the Pentax system back then... Isn't the lens selection the most important thing when you choose it? If lenses don't suit your needs why to buy it?
I got in a similar discussion with a guy at another discussion forum, who bases everything on the sensor (he's a Nikon D7200 fan).

A camera is really a system. When I buy a camera, I look at all aspects of it, including sensor and lens selection, but the most important thing to me is user interface, because a picture I don't get is worth nothing, and a picture with the wrong settings may not be worth much more. YMMV.
04-18-2015, 06:50 AM   #289
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So what is the strip above the Pentax logo on the pentaprism hub?

A antenna
B hybrid VF camera
C IR-AF system.
D jpeg artifacts
E sliding led light

04-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #290
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Maybe they'll go back to real names (like "Spotmatic" and "Super Program")
or letter combinations (like "ME" and "MX").

My "ME SE" ended up in the town dump after it never recovered from getting a tad damp at Niagara Falls,
but I still have my old "Super Program", and I'm amazed every time I pick it up and am reminded how small it is.
Now that I've had more time to think about it, I would name the new full-frame camera "PRO-1", and assuming the K-3 replacement uses mostly the same components, I would name it something like "PRO-1c". These are serious cameras, unlike the more fun-liking cameras such as the K-Sx; like the early Ford automobiles, you can have them in any color you want, as long as that color is black.
04-18-2015, 09:00 AM   #291

QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
I own one and guess what? It's useful like any other and working great for 6 years now... Even if the SDM fails it's fairly easy and cheap to repair, so I don't really care.
It sounds, like you shouldn't choose the Pentax system back then... Isn't the lens selection the most important thing when you choose it? If lenses don't suit your needs why to buy it?
It should be K-F1 not the other way, just looking at the recent naming scheme, but I don't think so.
Canon?
...and Dalsa, Renesas, Aptina...
That's seems like a specious argument...how would I know that what Pentax was doing a decade ago would end up more expensive and less improvements to AF compared to others? I know other people do own multiple systems, but I would probably take a bath on selling a system that most people wouldn't want, unless you're into shooting mostly static things. Nearly 10 years ago, I was perfectly happy to get into the dSLR arena with a K100D to do just landscapes, and it was a massive upgrade over my P&S cameras. Now I really like shooting baseball too. Ex, some people really care about video, but it's not a major requirement for me, but there are some systems built around that.

If I knew then what I know, I probably wouldn't have considered Pentax, as it doesn't fit all my shooting styles now, but it's not like the competition only considers one type of shooter either, if people want to shoot landscapes and fast action, they work on ways to improve the lens focusing and AF detection because things change. Pentax is gimped by the screwdrive and SDM IMO, although the bodies are competitively priced and have some killer features.

I'm expecting my upcoming K3 to be quite a bit better in AF, compared to my K20, but I just know some things will be more difficult than even with my refurb Nikon J1.

I'm not trying to negative, just completely honest in my assessment. It could just be the segment that Pentax markets to as well, more purposed than the rest.
04-18-2015, 11:39 AM   #292
Forum Member

I think the idea of calling the new ff model "pro 1" is actually quite a good idea, much better than some meaningless no.

04-18-2015, 11:40 AM   #293

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Now that I've had more time to think about it, I would name the new full-frame camera "PRO-1"
Pro 1 was used by Canon for a very good P&S camera some years ago.
04-18-2015, 11:55 AM - 1 Like   #294
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by saliakbari Quote
Pro 1 was used by Canon for a very good P&S camera some years ago.
..and by Fujifilm (X-Pro1) and by Hoya (horresco referens) for their filters and so on.
04-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #295

Well I was just about to invest in an other K3 but I read last week that the new K3ii was in the pipe line,

so Now I will wait for the new K3ii, it will be an other great camera I hope,
with no mirror-flap. as I have had my fair share of problems.

From what I read on DPR the K3ii will be announced end of this month, and go on sale 2wks later,
if the statement is true, but it seems to be convincing to me.
Tom G
04-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #296
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom777 Quote
Well I was just about to invest in an other K3 but I read last week that the new K3ii was in the pipe line,

so Now I will wait for the new K3ii, it will be an other great camera I hope,
with no mirror-flap. as I have had my fair share of problems.

From what I read on DPR the K3ii will be announced end of this month, and go on sale 2wks later,
if the statement is true, but it seems to be convincing to me.
Tom G

Actually I heard it will be announced Tuesday so we will see.
04-18-2015, 04:15 PM   #297
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope the K-3 is close to "on Par" with the competion in terms of autofocus. It should be faster, have more focus points, and a better distribution across the frame. Then again maybe the pull out all of the stops until the full frame, but it would be nice if this was a true competitor to the 7D mark II. While they are at it bigger buffer, and faster play back times. We will know soon enough.
04-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #298
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
I hope the K-3 is close to "on Par" with the competion in terms of autofocus. It should be faster, have more focus points, and a better distribution across the frame. Then again maybe the pull out all of the stops until the full frame, but it would be nice if this was a true competitor to the 7D mark II. While they are at it bigger buffer, and faster play back times. We will know soon enough.
It will be as soon as Canon starts making K-mount lenses
04-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #299
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It will be as soon as Canon starts making K-mount lenses
uh oh! Carefull what you say around here.
04-18-2015, 05:12 PM   #300
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
You mean a $1700 camera?