QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You mean a $1700 camera?
Yes.

Price 1399 or less though.
04-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #303
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
People do themselves a disservice by thinking the K3 AF is inferior where we all now know (Ricoh has confirmed this) the SDM wasn't up to snuff. The new D-FA lenses are really fast, faster than the new Sigma 150-600 on a Nikon D700. (our forum member thibs has confirmed this firsthand, and soon many of you lucky people who pre-ordered the new D-fas will see yourself),

The screwdrive on the K3 is really fast, for us birding/wildlife amateurs is really responsive, the new Dc motors should perform as well or better...

Last edited by Stavri; 04-18-2015 at 07:53 PM.
04-18-2015, 07:53 PM   #304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
People do themselves a disservice by thinking the K3 AF is inferior where we all now know (Ricoh has confirmed this) the SDM wasn't up to snuff. The new D-FA are really fast, faster than the new Sigma 150-600 on a Nikon D700. (our forum member thibs has confirmed this firsthand, and soon many of you lucky people who pre-ordered the new D-fas will see yourself),

The screwdrive on the K3 is really fast, for us birding/wildlife amateurs is really responsive, the new Dc motors should perform as well or better...
Well this should be easy enough for Pentax Forums to test when the new lenses finally show up. Canon 7 D mark 2 vs d7200 vs K-3 II all with there 70-200 2.8's. You may very well right and we may finally have an answer soon enough.

04-18-2015, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #305
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-3 with a new Sony chip??

Could the new K-3 II use the new IMX-271 ? It is 24 mp and has a new embedded clock to allow high speed multistream transfers (4K movies and stills taken from the movie stream). Seems like Sony's response to Canon's new tech for fast movie streams. I hope Ricoh goes with this new chip for the K-3 II but it might mean tweaking their interface to the chip. See these links:

Sony Global - Products

Sony Global - Technology

04-18-2015, 08:12 PM - 1 Like   #306
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Well this should be easy enough for Pentax Forums to test when the new lenses finally show up. Canon 7 D mark 2 vs d7200 vs K-3 II all with there 70-200 2.8's. You may very well right and we may finally have an answer soon enough.
IMHO, I don't value fast AF as much as accuracy...in fact, I consider my k-3 to be really good already (over my k-5IIs). But then, I am not into sports photography, perhaps it means a great deal for those who are. But then, I check with some of the photos from my friends using Canikon model like 7D, 5D, D810....I don't get the impression that their photos are sharp enough.
04-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #307
Banned

Rumours say, the AF module will have 84 AF points.
It will enable exceptional tracking. AF points will be overlapped, to create so called phase diffusion array (PDA), so that phase will be confirmed not for one focus plane only, but for two planes. I leave to your imagination to see all the possibilities that AF will enable. Groundbreaking.

04-18-2015, 08:25 PM   #308
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
It will enable exceptional tracking. AF points will be overlapped, to create so called phase diffusion array (PDA), so that phase will be confirmed not for one focus plane only, but for two planes. I leave to your imagination to see all the possibilities that AF will enable. Groundbreaking.
This is the first post on a potential feature of the K3ii. where did you hear this .
04-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #309
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I am not into sports photography, perhaps it means a great deal for those who are.
No, there aren't such using Pentax. They use Canon.
They who complain about sports performance with Pentax, are there to complain about sports performance with Pentax.
So called "Pentax AF Issues Drinking Bar Regulars".
04-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #310
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

People do themselves a disservice by thinking the K3 AF is inferior where we all now know (Ricoh has confirmed this) the SDM wasn't up to snuff. The new D-FA lenses are really fast, faster than the new Sigma 150-600 on a Nikon D700. (our forum member thibs has confirmed this firsthand, and soon many of you lucky people who pre-ordered the new D-fas will see yourself),

I agree, I shoot right along with Cannon and Nikon users and find my K3 keeps right up with them. I actually think the screwdrive on my K3 is faster than theirs. We all know that the SDM lens will not compare to Sigma's HSM. My DC motor lens are a different story though. They are fast and almost silent. I have had really no issues with the K3's autofocus other than getting used to a new camera. I really wish I could afford one of the new D-FA's coming out. I shoot wildlife with a Tokina 400mm and find the autofocus strong and powerful and do not miss too many shots. I personally have no need to upgrade to a K3ii. I was full aware that Ricoh was going to release a new camera soon since the price on the K3 was so low. I am happy to see Ricoh is stepping up the game with a new version. I however it would be better for a K3 owner to wait until an entirely new model comes out and upgrade to that. The new price of a K3ii will most likely be twice what I paid for my K3 and I just do see were it would be worth it. For people with older bodies now would probably be a great time to do so.
04-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #311
Banned

This is the first post on a potential feature of the K3ii. where did you hear this .
I am surprised rumour mongers from another threads knew nothing about this?
04-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #312
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
IMX-271
The Sony IMX-271 sensor + Fujitsu/Socionext Milbeaut (8th generation) image processing chip working together would be very interesting.
04-18-2015, 08:33 PM   #313
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

84 AF points!!!!

I am surprised rumour mongers from another threads knew nothing about this
?

I don't know anything, and I've been on the new K3ii like s&*& on velcro. What other potential features are people speaking off?

While we wait for more rumours/news on the K3ii
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice-official trailer--Enjoy

Last edited by Stavri; 04-18-2015 at 09:04 PM.
04-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about a video of Mathew McConaughey's reacting to the new Star Wars trailer

04-19-2015, 01:07 AM   #315
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
Could the new K-3 II use the new IMX-271 ? It is 24 mp and has a new embedded clock to allow high speed multistream transfers (4K movies and stills taken from the movie stream). Seems like Sony's response to Canon's new tech for fast movie streams. I hope Ricoh goes with this new chip for the K-3 II but it might mean tweaking their interface to the chip. See these links:

Sony Global - Products

Sony Global - Technology

You might be onto something...

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The Sony IMX-271 sensor + Fujitsu/Socionext Milbeaut (8th generation) image processing chip working together would be very interesting.
rough translation on this sensor:

(From DPreview) Also of note is a new APS-C sensor, the IMX271, which has a relatively high maximum full-resolution readout frame rate of 19fps (up from the 8.7fps readout of the previous generation IMX193 APS-C sensor, which is likely what is found in cameras like the Nikon D5300). This could be beneficial for high-speed readout applications. Furthermore, the IMX271 includes a Scalable Low Voltage Signaling Embedded Clock (SLVS-EC), which Sony claims is a new interface technology that can enable the use of high speed and multi-stream output functions of the sensor for high speed movies, as well as multi-frame, high dynamic range, and still/movie simultaneous capture.

Last edited by Stavri; 04-19-2015 at 01:21 AM.