Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2015, 03:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

current FA limited in standby

Posted by asahi man in dpreview forum

QuoteQuote:
The current FA Limited line is out of production for minimum 2 Years!!!
Some markets got the rest of stock and sell them out.
Japan and US are the last markets,in Europe it is not possible anymore to order the FA limiteds.
Of course Pentax will stay with the Limidet Line,so we will see new Limiteds for Fullframe for sure
More later in the official news.
But next news are about K-3II.
Best regards
I suppose they planned 2 years of their lens production capacity on other new lenses.

04-21-2015, 03:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's been rumoured for some time - maybe even 'known' to some - that Pentax was going to update the FA Limited line for a future FF camera. A number of years ago I think Ned Bunnell said that the FA's didn't meet Pentax's standards for IQ on FF sensors. I think this was partly hyperbole but was an indication even then that Pentax was thinking about D-FA models.

So this isn't a surprise per se. The question now is will we see simple D-FA rebrands with new coatings or will we see wholly new optical designs?

My money would be on very similar focal lengths but DC motors and WR seals. Thus, I would think there'll be tweaked optics as a result of accommodating these things.

---------- Post added 04-21-15 at 11:16 AM ----------

Actually, the question now is do I try to complete the set alongside my 43mm Ltd?!
04-21-2015, 05:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Oh there is already a thread for this, sorry.
If an admin read this he can delete this one.
04-21-2015, 05:30 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
Oh there is already a thread for this, sorry.
If an admin read this he can delete this one.
I think deleting your first post will delete the thread as well.