Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2015, 11:38 AM - 7 Likes   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I will say that the thing that annoys me the most about Pentaxians is the way they build up amazing, somewhat irrational expectations for what can be accomplished in a small period of time and then wail when their particular need isn't taken care of by a new release. It isn't enough that the 70-200 f2.8 is very sharp and seems to have auto focus that is as fast as current top end Canon/Nikon models. We want something that is faster and sharper than anything they have. We need something with more fps than a Samsung NX-1, more auto focus points than a D4s, smaller than a OME-5, but with a grip the size of a D800 and all for the price of 560 US dollars (including kit lens). And even then, someone will be upset that they didn't include a free subscription to Pop Photo.

This is a similar upgrade from K5 to K5 II. That doesn't mean that it won't have real features that will be useful in every day shooting, but you can't really tell those from a spec sheet.

04-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I'm disappointed, I was expecting a liquid cooled 50Mpixels @ 25 shots per seconds, because I really need this , otherwise I can take photos.
Don't forget the environmentally sealed volatile Ferroelectric-RAM (FRAM) memory x35 times the speed an a fraction of the power consumption of the EEProm. Strap an radioactive Super-Tak on it and its
guaranteed to give you face cancer.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I will say that the thing that annoys me the most about Pentaxians is the way they build up amazing, somewhat irrational expectations for what can be accomplished in a small period of time and then wail when their particular need isn't taken care of by a new release. It isn't enough that the 70-200 f2.8 is very sharp and seems to have auto focus that is as fast as current top end Canon/Nikon models. We want something that is faster and sharper than anything they have. We need something with more fps than a Samsung NX-1, more auto focus points than a D4s, smaller than a OME-5, but with a grip the size of a D800 and all for the price of 560 US dollars (including kit lens). And even then, someone will be upset that they didn't include a free subscription to Pop Photo.

This is a similar upgrade from K5 to K5 II. That doesn't mean that it won't have real features that will be useful in every day shooting, but you can't really tell those from a spec sheet.
More AF points is for little boys and their wet dreams. I applaud your calls for reflection but make no mistake, this is NOT an upgrade in the veil of the K5/ii/s. I can't say any more on this matter. We can come back to scrutinizing the K3ii features once they are OFFICIALLY released (and properly tested)

Paraphrasing Ricoh: We want to create a product that supersede not only peoples expectations but its competition as well. The K3ii is designed and built to be THE BEST APC-S dslr on the market (period) Let's just wait patiently to see if this is a true manifestation of their ambitions.

Last edited by Stavri; 04-21-2015 at 12:12 PM.
04-21-2015, 11:44 AM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

Some Pentaxians need more than all the features of Canon and Nikon united, the most important of all features is a course on composition and lighting.
04-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #94
Pentaxian

This is a similar upgrade from K5 to K5 II.
That had the stupid higher visibilty lcd screen mark up. This is much better.

04-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #95

I've frequented Canon and Micro 4/3 forums for years before I joined here, and that's definitely not just a Pentaxian thing. This is a familiar phenomenon haha
Hype is a double-edged sword.
04-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #96

Not impressed

Why do Ricoh keep on doing this. First the K5 and now the K3. If they're going to introduce a new flagship model, it should be a new model, with everything improved, not just a few little tweaks.
As for removing the flash, how are we now supposed to use wireless flash??? or are they going to introduce a new range of flash models as well?
04-21-2015, 11:55 AM - 5 Likes   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fredcman Quote
Why do Ricoh keep on doing this. First the K5 and now the K3. If they're going to introduce a new flagship model, it should be a new model, with everything improved, not just a few little tweaks.
As for removing the flash, how are we now supposed to use wireless flash??? or are they going to introduce a new range of flash models as well?
Thank you sir for your FIRST POST and input. Af far as wireless flash, the new K3ii emits ultrasound waves which enable the user to control the minds of animals in its vicinity. The so called "Overlord" feature will enable the user to tell the surrounding critters to trigger any flash on a 100m radius, up to 1/250s

Last edited by Stavri; 04-21-2015 at 12:23 PM.
04-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
Asahi Man mentioned the K3ii would feature better low light AF performance (potential expanding the f2.8 sensitive points across the array).
Actually, he rather wrote the contrary:
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
I don´t think that we get every point in 2,8.But we will get the best lowlight AF like we have today with again,new logic and faster reaction,more power in processoring.
(...)
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
so,now we have one of the best AF Systems in Lowlight and with highspeed lenses,with EVERY AF Point.
We have EVERY AF Point for good use till -3EV!!!!
Maybe this Thursday we will see what the new era will bring in combination with this great AF of the K-3.
What we get is new speed,new logic,new turbospeed lenses and new ideas.
Best regards
(emphasis added)
04-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #99
Veteran Member

not just a few little tweaks.
So you know everything about this camera? Nice...oh..wait...
04-21-2015, 12:03 PM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Translation includes - Accuracy improvement of continuous AF
I saw that but does that "include" tracking ???
04-21-2015, 12:03 PM   #101
Banned

This look like a good camera to me. A new PRIME IV engineering would be great, but that would Rather make it a new camera and not an upgrade. Maybe the milbeaut isn't ready yet.

About looking the interval flash. I had a topic about that some years ago. For me the flash currently used isn't usefull. So either mak Ik nog it a good flash or leaving it out is a good strategy.

Am I going to buy it? I don't think so.
04-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #102

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Some Pentaxians need more than all the features of Canon and Nikon united, the most important of all features is a course on composition and lighting.
....and cue the insults in 3, 2,.....someone jumped the gun.
04-21-2015, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #103

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Maybe not..
Thank's a lot
04-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #104
Pentaxian

Why do Ricoh keep on doing this. First the K5 and now the K3. If they're going to introduce a new flagship model
5d mk ii iii iv d7000 7100 7200 7dmk ii d5000 5100 5200 5300 5500 eos 350/400/450.......750d

Last edited by D1N0; 04-21-2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: q o u t e
04-21-2015, 12:16 PM - 2 Likes   #105
Pentaxian

Why do Ricoh keep on doing this. First the K5 and now the K3. If they're going to introduce a new flagship model, it should be a new model, with everything improved, not just a few little tweaks. As for removing the flash, how are we now supposed to use wireless flash??? or are they going to introduce a new range of flash models as well?
Nikon and Canon keep releasing cameras with minor improvements. The reason is marketing concept called "share of mind". The idea is to keep a competitive level in information flow to the public so that to keep building the brand image.
For instance, firmware updates are a way to keep the brand in the mind of existing customers, and releasing new products as well as sponsoring sport events are used to build and keep the brand in the mind of people. In addition, there's another marketing concept: product life cycle extension: the idea is to stretch the life cycle of a product and get more sales done with the same R&D expenditures. Introducing the K-5II and K-5IIs stretched the sales of the K-5 series to fill the time gap necessary to finish the design of the K-3. And the K-3II is also released to trigger additional sales from customers who did not feel the need for a new purchase when the K-3 was released (example if someone purchased a K-5 just before the K-3 was released, the money was already spent and that person did not buy an additional K-3). Nikon also release did multiple product life cycles extension with the D610 (same as D600, supposedly without oil on sensor) and D810 (life extension of the D800E).

So, if Nikon, Canon, Sony,are saturating the photo media channels (such as DPReview etc ) with releasing new cameras models with no much changes, Ricoh must also do it, otherwise, Nikon and Canon will still remain on the front page of DPReview, Imaging Resources, and DXO mark and Pentax products will not be visible at all. When Nikon introduce a D7200 which is almost the same as the D7100, they get new review articles in the front page of DPReview etc etc ..... It's kind a marketing war. If Ricoh did not respond, they'd be invisible.
Closed Thread