Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #106
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I will say that the thing that annoys me the most about Pentaxians is the way they build up amazing, somewhat irrational expectations for what can be accomplished in a small period of time and then wail when their particular need isn't taken care of by a new release. It isn't enough that the 70-200 f2.8 is very sharp and seems to have auto focus that is as fast as current top end Canon/Nikon models. We want something that is faster and sharper than anything they have. We need something with more fps than a Samsung NX-1, more auto focus points than a D4s, smaller than a OME-5, but with a grip the size of a D800 and all for the price of 560 US dollars (including kit lens). And even then, someone will be upset that they didn't include a free subscription to Pop Photo.

This is a similar upgrade from K5 to K5 II. That doesn't mean that it won't have real features that will be useful in every day shooting, but you can't really tell those from a spec sheet.
Well put. It's not just a pentaxian phenomenon , it's the same across all manufacturers.

The fact they are calling it k3 ii immediately suggests to me minor updates. So I'm not expecting huge changes as it's not a new model. The new FF I will be expecting something to rival or better NIkons 810e as its a completely new product.

04-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #107
Veteran Member

If it is the new sensor I don't need more to be happy. The GPS is a greet thing. I expect the foveon mode to be usefull in macro (if raw and fast enough). Astrotracer is just a plus but Pentax needed tout keep this great option somehow.
Would have like a build-in wifi if no tilting screen for macro liveview.
I never use the build in flash but as controller. I have 2 cobras flashes but i think that a radio controller build in would be a great thing and the future.
04-21-2015, 12:20 PM - 3 Likes   #108
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
This look like a good camera to me. A new PRIME IV engineering would be great, but that would Rather make it a new camera and not an upgrade. Maybe the milbeaut isn't ready yet.

About looking the interval flash. I had a topic about that some years ago. For me the flash currently used isn't usefull. So either mak Ik nog it a good flash or leaving it out is a good strategy.

Am I going to buy it? I don't think so.
The specs so far are Unofficial, I repeat they haven't been confirmed. There are discrepancies at this point.
Ricoh has indicated (through back channels) that an updated Prime engine would be used on the K3ii (not the same one from the K3) I don't know what's the denomination is going to be on that but it will be DIFFERENT.....
04-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #109
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
The specs so far are Unofficial, I repeat they haven't been confirmed. There are discrepancies at this point.
Ricoh has indicated (through back channels) that an updated Prime engine would be used on the K3ii (not the same one from the K3) I don't know what's the denomination is going to be on that but it will be DIFFERENT.....
but what does that mean. Different hardware or different firmware?

04-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
but what does that mean. Different hardware or different firmware?
Are there any other source regarding the spec of the K3III ? Perhaps it could the K3-II could feature 10 frames per second with a new DSP engine. Anyone called Ricoh to get more info?
04-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #111
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
K3III
no we have to wait for the K-3 II first
04-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are there any other source regarding the spec of the K3III ?
Yes, the OFFICIAL source (not yet available to the masses) If you prefer "ANY" source to the Official source then by all means go nuts...

My guess is that this was a partial leak, and the website filled in the rest with (existing K3 specs)
A brand new sony sensor with updated/upgraded Prime engine.... and they kept the FPS from K3....doesn't make sense.

04-21-2015, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #113

The K3 Mark II will be a very good option for upgrading from an older model, but in the same time I think we are obsessed with sensors, ISO, FPS, full hd, DR...
We have all this technology in our hands and always blame the camera for bad photos.

04-21-2015, 12:32 PM   #114
Pentaxian

Yes, the OFFICIAL source (not yet available to the masses) If you prefer "ANY" source to the Official source then by all means go nuts...
How much time is there usually between leaked specs and official announcement from Ricoh? One week?
04-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #115
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How much time is there usually between leaked specs and official announcement from Ricoh? One week?
A merely 24hr (or less depending on what part of the hemisphere you reside)
04-21-2015, 12:34 PM   #116
Veteran Member

Yes, the OFFICIAL source (not yet available to the masses)
You mean the press release?
04-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #117
Pentaxian

Nothing yet displayed on Ricoh Japan web site. They've got to prepare some superresolution photo samples to upload on their website.
04-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #118
Veteran Member

Nothing yet displayed on Ricoh Japan web site.
Of course not. They release the press-release first
04-21-2015, 12:41 PM   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Of course not. They release the press-release first
Where is the press release sent?
04-21-2015, 12:42 PM   #120
Veteran Member

Where is the press release sent?
To the different Ricoh offices around. And then they send it to their contacts and relevant channels at a specific date. Ricoh sent this one to their offices already last week.
Closed Thread