Show Printable Version 161 Likes Search this Thread
04-22-2015, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #361
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I asked you about it Kenneth ;-)
But he answered with a question...

04-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #362
Veteran Member

I might got asked about it, but dont remember answering it We're so close anyway now..So nothing to get excited about..eh
04-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #363

QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
Leaked specs of the OVF are the same as before...
Kenspo also said we shouldn't take leaked stuff so seriously.

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I did say something about the OVF?
Yes you did. Here it is:
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Kenspo, just a simple question. Will the viewfinder be "better" than that of the current K-3? I don't need no details, just tell me if the viewfinder will be better
What do you find the most logical?
04-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #364
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Now that kenspo had to dash out, somebody else has to take care of the teasing .

Yes I did; that and something else too (I'm not speaking about the compass).
Well, the hump is clearly bigger than before. Bigger prism, or some additional optics in there?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/content/uploads/files/77/p617/120917_72j_abcx1024.jpg
Now this is the K-5, but I suppose the K-3 will be close enough (couldn't find a cross section for the K-3). There was plenty of space in there even before the flash was removed, I mean, look at all that space over the prism. They couldn't fit a GPS module IN THERE?

I almost want to believe that they did something to the viewfinder. Maybe they DID fit a screen in there? You can find the AF confirmation display by looking underneath the Pentax writing... it bounces of a mirror that is just opposite the flash. Then it goes through a lens, a small prism and into the big pentaprism and into our eyes. Somehow they would have to find a way to fit a bigger display in there, with a bigger lens and bigger little prism. Or the screen is sitting on the side facing the microphone. The hump doesn't go all the way though...

It was me who speculated about the OVF... well, I wasn't alone I suppose.

The most logical... is that Pentax hasn't changed that much? :P

04-22-2015, 10:59 AM   #365
Veteran Member

@Solaire That is correct. I forgot that answer Its also true that you shouldn't take leaked stuff so seriously. Some of it is correct etc, but i can't say anything else then this You need to see the whole picture before making up a feeling about the upgrade. The leaked stuff was just small part of it.
04-22-2015, 11:03 AM   #366
Veteran Member

@Solaire That is correct. I forgot that answer Its also true that you shouldn't take leaked stuff so seriously. Some of it is correct etc, but i can't say anything else then this You need to see the whole picture before making up a feeling about the upgrade. The leaked stuff was just small part of it.
You are promising a lot, sir.

Dare I say it... video SR? I thought that day would never come...
04-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #367
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote

I still won't tell details..beside that this is a noticeable upgrade I can't wait to get it in my hands. Not everyone will be all happy, but thats the way it is.

04-22-2015, 11:05 AM   #368

You already helped a lot by hinting stuff here and there. I'm looking forward to the official announcement. I think we all do. Waiting for that picture, especially for the one that was taken with the K3II
04-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #369

too late

QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
I have the K-3 for only a month and a half because everybody said that a K3II will not be launched this year
i bought mine 2 days before the announcement! i could have the k3 instead of the ks2...sigh! sayang,pare! prices of K3 could go down.had i not read somewhere saying that there will be no apsc this year,i could have waited....sigh sigh.....

Last edited by vboy; 04-22-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: added some thoughts
04-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #370
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Solaire Quote
You already helped a lot by hinting stuff here and there. I'm looking forward to the official announcement. I think we all do. Waiting for that picture, especially for the one that was taken with the K3II
I try..without step over the line..and always will I just want to put more enthusiasm in here

---------- Post added 04-22-15 at 08:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by semaca Quote
I have the K-3 for only a month and a half because everybody said that a K3II will not be launched this year
next time listen to/ask those who really knows
04-22-2015, 11:07 AM   #371

With panning supported, it would be foolish to leave it out.

---------- Post added 04-22-15 at 08:08 PM ----------

I try..without step over the line..and always will I just want to put more enthusiasm in here
Well, you got me hyped, that's for sure.

---------- Post added 04-22-15 at 08:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vboy Quote
i bought mine 2 days before the announcement! i could have the k3 instead of the ks2...sigh! sayang,pare! prices of K3 could go down.had i not read somewhere saying that there will be no apsc this year,i could have waited....sigh sigh.....
2 Days? EU – Refund rights when cancelling online orders - Your Europe

Update: I'm not sure about that 'warning', in Hungary you can return goods after buying them.
Update 2: Nevermind, just check your local law about the 14 days refund, makes more sense, than reading EU stuff

Last edited by Solaire; 04-22-2015 at 11:20 AM.
04-22-2015, 11:13 AM   #372
Veteran Member

With panning supported, it would be foolish to leave it out.[COLOR="Silver"]
It has been foolish to remove it in the first place, on any camera. Even if they have to put a "it's very noisy" warning (in the case of the K-x) in the menu before users activate it.

12 hours... I'll be sleeping then.
04-22-2015, 11:15 AM   #373
Veteran Member

Well, you got me hyped, that's for sure.
Hope you still are happy with me tomorrow then
04-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #374
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What's the frequency Kenneth?
04-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #375
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, the hump is clearly bigger than before. Bigger prism, or some additional optics in there?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/content/uploads/files/77/p617/120917_72j_abcx1024.jpg
Now this is the K-5, but I suppose the K-3 will be close enough (couldn't find a cross section for the K-3). There was plenty of space in there even before the flash was removed, I mean, look at all that space over the prism. They couldn't fit a GPS module IN THERE?

I almost want to believe that they did something to the viewfinder. Maybe they DID fit a screen in there? You can find the AF confirmation display by looking underneath the Pentax writing... it bounces of a mirror that is just opposite the flash. Then it goes through a lens, a small prism and into the big pentaprism and into our eyes. Somehow they would have to find a way to fit a bigger display in there, with a bigger lens and bigger little prism. Or the screen is sitting on the side facing the microphone. The hump doesn't go all the way though...

It was me who speculated about the OVF... well, I wasn't alone I suppose.

The most logical... is that Pentax hasn't changed that much? :P
A bigger, brighter OVF would be quite a welcome improvement for my increasingly deteriorating eyesight. ...

JP
Closed Thread