Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2015, 06:29 AM   #466
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
Now you have to find out if this is the same in the D7200 or the new one. Nobody here was really sure...
We may have to wait for someone like Ifixit to do a tear-down to find out for sure.

Or someone to have a smashed-up disaster with their K-3 II sometime, so that they could do a macro shot of the manufacturer details etched on the sensor chip.

04-23-2015, 06:30 AM   #467
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
maybe posted already.. Hands-on with the Pentax K-3 II: Digital Photography Review

no I want it--- I had it boxes

---------- Post added 04-23-15 at 02:46 AM ----------

very good price!! the K3 must drop to $500 then..
The PENTAX K-3 II will be available at retailers nationwide and at Digital Cameras by RICOH Imaging - Waterproof Digital Camera - Digital SLR in May 2015 for a suggested retail price of $1099.95.
I almost puked reading some of the replies in the posts section of this "review".
Apparently, some are staying away from Pentax because .... AF is too noisy !!!
(Of course, they had been trying screw drive lenses ... ).

JP
04-23-2015, 06:32 AM   #468
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Thank you kenspo, much appreciated.
That is what I'm here for But seriously, i really dont know why its identical. Was not those signals i got few weeks ago. But if they have tweaked it a little bit better then before, improved AF-C and ISO a notch better, its still i nice upgrade.

---------- Post added 04-23-15 at 03:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
We may have to wait for someone like Ifixit to do a tear-down to find out for sure.

Or someone to have a smashed-up disaster with their K-3 II sometime, so that they could do a macro shot of the manufacturer details etched on the sensor chip.
Hehe..no need to destroy when Ricoh confirms the exact sensor inside.
04-23-2015, 06:37 AM   #469
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
That is what I'm here for But seriously, i really dont know why its identical. Was not those signals i got few weeks ago. But if they have tweaked it a little bit better then before, improved AF-C and ISO a notch better, its still i nice upgrade.

---------- Post added 04-23-15 at 03:33 PM ----------

Hehe..no need to destroy when Ricoh confirms the exact sensor inside.
Can I go back to bitching about Sony sensors, and how they keep the best ones for themselves..

04-23-2015, 06:42 AM   #470
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
Can I go back to bitching about Sony sensors, and how they keep the best ones for themselves..
Hehe Maybe this upgrade is for testing new stuff for later cameras? They say they have done some new and better tweaks to the sensor, but won't tell what. Testers are telling me that the ISO is a bit better and the AF-C really is improved. So we'll see. But with identical sensor, it tell us why the can start at such low price from the beginning. I will get my Mark II's when they start shipping the first batch in mid may. Then it will be easier for me to say more. I could have gotten a pre-product one to test now, but dont see the point when i get the new ones in short time
04-23-2015, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #471
Veteran Member

Still no tethering possible?? even wired?? or can ebola card give live view & remote controls of cam?

anyone know if this has changed??
The drive mode must be set to single shot (if it isn't, you will be prompted to change it)
Movie mode and interval shooting are not supported

Last edited by Shanti; 04-23-2015 at 06:48 AM.
04-23-2015, 06:44 AM   #472
Veteran Member

Still no tethering possible?? even wired?? or can ebola card give live view & remote controls of cam?
Use Eye-Fi pro cards.

04-23-2015, 06:48 AM   #473
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Flu-card Pentax O-FC1 FluCard: The wireless details: Digital Photography Review

I don't think eye-fi will support thethering and live view. Just viewing and transfering pics.
04-23-2015, 06:51 AM   #474
Veteran Member

ebola card
I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I did.
04-23-2015, 06:56 AM   #475
Forum Member

So the question (for me at least) is: will the old K3 get the new improved AF-C of the K3II via firmware update?
04-23-2015, 06:57 AM   #476
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wisent Quote
So the question (for me at least) is: will the old K3 get the new improved AF-C of the K3II via firmware update?
Have asked for confirmation on this subject too. No clear answer yet. Will post it if/when i do
04-23-2015, 06:59 AM   #477
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wisent Quote
Asahiman indicated that there has been some change in hardware to do with the auto focus improvement and he doubted that it would be capable.
04-23-2015, 07:02 AM   #478
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I shouldn't have laughed at this, but I did.
+++. Out loud.
04-23-2015, 07:04 AM   #479
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Asahiman indicated that there has been some change in hardware to do with the auto focus improvement and he doubted that it would be capable.
":Good morning from the other side of the Moon
The Sensor is made in the same production run,the Antishake Unit is new and improved!
The AF module is the same,but behind the module is something different,also it looks like little improvedhardware behind the AF module.
In the next days,this week,i will have my standard phone calls and small meetings with pentax stuff and will know more for 100%,than we read us again.
Also a new FW update is around the corner,but it looks like that we can not get the same AF power in the K-3old,soit looks realylike a little Hardware change.
We will see.
"

04-23-2015, 07:22 AM   #480
Pentaxian

So this is a manufacturing refresh. Not a bad idea, the software stuff is useful for all their bodies, but they can extend the sales life of a pretty decent body. They keep everyone who has a K3 happy with some new firmware features. New entrants have the choice between screaming K-3 deals and a very attractive price on the K3II.

Everyone else buys a couple lenses or stuffs money in their sock for the full frame coming in the fall.

There are specific features that will prompt an upgrade; the SR and possibly the autofocus. Not for everyone though. I think the dumping of the flash will prove to be a non issue. There will be bundles with the small or medium flash models, which will increase stock rotation and get the prices down through scale economies, so flash won't be lacking.
Closed Thread