Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
04-22-2015, 03:43 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-3 II First Look

Pentax Unveils the K-3 II: First Look | Expert photography blogs, tip, techniques, camera reviews - Adorama Learning Center

04-22-2015, 03:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What I want to know is the sensor the same ? When can I see results of the pixel shift on image quality ? Thank God the flash is gone.
Im waiting for Real World Release price too.....In the USA !

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 04-22-2015 at 03:59 AM.
04-22-2015, 03:55 AM   #3

Written in marvelous marketing speak!
04-22-2015, 04:07 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
A real preview surely wont be far away, it would be nice if IR or PF will put the results of the high resolution pixel shifting up quickly. I wonder if Adorama jumped the gun a day early intentionally? Alas more info should be coming very soon.

04-22-2015, 04:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interesting, the pixel shift is already in place; so excited to see the difference in image quality !
04-22-2015, 04:26 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
When will the firmware update be out for the K-3? That's what really matters...
04-22-2015, 04:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think this is a great update, the new sensor + superresolution should give amazing picture quality, I hate my on-board flash and GPS and Astrotracker are things I always dreamed off.
TBH, the only thing that was stopping me from upgrading K-5II to K-3 was the sensor and the AF... well, both are now answered and I can move on
It is important to understand the K-3II as a test model for the superresolution technology and perhaps the AF-C tweaks for the FF, they needed to test these with the smallest possible expenses and have it perfected for the FF body.

04-22-2015, 04:30 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ooh, I think they "accidentally" let that go live early.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-22-2015, 04:36 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Ooh, I think they "accidentally" let that go live early.
...and they 'accidentally' forgot to pull it back and Ricoh 'accidentally' forgot to demand them to do so .
04-22-2015, 04:46 AM - 1 Like   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
...and they 'accidentally' forgot to pull it back and Ricoh 'accidentally' forgot to demand them to do so .
Will be a while before they wake up, hehe.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-22-2015, 04:53 AM   #11
Veteran Member

So this basically confirms the spec list leak, but without any real additional information
04-22-2015, 05:08 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Like a Cat Box....without any Kitty Litter ! We know its coming , yet we just cant wait ........."Splat" !
Trying to dig a good hole without any substrate !

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 04-22-2015 at 05:16 AM.
04-22-2015, 05:22 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
So this basically confirms the spec list leak, but without any real additional information
Actually, there are two additional pieces of information:

- the explicit indication of a new algorithm for continuous autofocus (and none of a modified AF hardware) instead of a mere "improved continuous autofocus"

- the new panning detection feature that detects the moving direction of the camera and controls the SR unit.
04-22-2015, 05:29 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Actually, there are two additional pieces of information:

- the explicit indication of a new algorithm for continuous autofocus (and none of a modified AF hardware) instead of a mere "improved continuous autofocus"

- the new panning detection feature that detects the moving direction of the camera and controls the SR unit.
I kind of took the first point as meaning the same thing. The second bit about panning had been mentioned in the thread on the leaked specs, although wasn't technically in that leaked list.

I presume panning detection could be added to the K-3 with firmware? As indeed could the continuous AF if it's just an algorithm? Bundle it together as an upgrade pack and charge a few £s for it.
04-22-2015, 06:05 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
Bundle it together as an upgrade pack and charge a few £s for it.
Ricoh's brand history has been to give loyal customers FW upgrades to the limit of the old hardware as technology is introduced. The feeling is it binds the customer to the brand, so they'll buy the next hardware upgrade, plus accessories - and they'll serve as soft brand ambassadors.

We'll see what Ricoh does with the Pentax brand.