Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #286
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,984
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Aaah, ok. I know its improved in general, but can't say anything about specific lenses..yet! I will use a few concerts during May to test the different lenses at work with the K-3 Mark II. Will do a full rapport end of may.
You have been very quiet during the discussions about flash. Do you use flash at concerts? If so, do you use a single flash unit attached to the hot-shoe, a master-slave arrangement, or something else? In other words, what is flash like in "the real world?"

04-25-2015, 08:41 AM   #287
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,961
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
kenspo, beware, you are again transforming hearsay into personal experience...
Beside my bad english and grammar, i dont see the problem here? But if it pleases you, i will think more through what and how i say things.
04-25-2015, 08:48 AM   #288
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cracow
Posts: 457
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
We already have the answer from asahi man:
Yeah, but he wasn't 100% sure it seems, I thought kenspo's got it confirmed with his contacts somehow...
04-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #289
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,005
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Beside my bad english and grammar, i dont see the problem here? But if it pleases you, i will think more through what and how i say things.
It's not about pleasing me (or anybody else); simply "I know (for a fact) that" is different from "I have been told that".

For instance "the K-3 II press release will be published at 08:00 Oslo time" is different from "I have been told that the K-3 II press release should be published at 08:00 Oslo time", in particular when said press release is actually published at 00:00: in the first case, your credibility is harmed, in the second it's that of your sources.

People here trust you; you might consider not disappointing them in endorsing as your personal knowledge statements you have heard other persons make, persons who might not be as reliable or sincere as yourself.

04-25-2015, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #290
Pentaxian
Franc's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hoevelaken
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
semantics, does he needs to be a laywer as well?
04-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #291
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,961
Ok, then from now on, i will stop telling anything i've been told, from any source. And only stick to things i see/test/use/feel. No problem

And about the release time, i was told specific that that time was the earliest anyone could release anything. This came from Ricoh them self, so who i am to question that? Why they decide to release it earlier in the States, is something i can not answer. But since this is the way you feel, and others I'm shure, i will not say anything about when, when it comes to the other releases this year..or next year for that matter I am maybe a bit too enthusiastic and excited. But will adjust in the future.
04-25-2015, 09:18 AM   #292
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,455
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Was the trade off between a flash and pixel shift? If so, I'd say it was a good trade. If it was the GPS,... not so much. I really liked the idea of a radio control for the flash.
Given the engineering and space constraints of the existing K-7 / K-5 / K-3 body, the trade off is between Pixel Shift / Astrotracer and GPS in the prism (which adds to the utility of Pixel Shift in many if not most of its applications and provides opportunity to use GPS with an external flash) versus Pixel Shift, O-GPS1 / Astrotracer and OBF - but no flash with O-GPS1, external or onboard.

Further, I read here some are beginning to posit flash in general might not be useable with Pixel Shift*.


* because how do you control the strobe pulses precisely enough to perfectly, identically illuminate the four image captures

Last edited by monochrome; 04-25-2015 at 09:35 AM.
04-25-2015, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #293
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,922
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It's not about pleasing me (or anybody else); simply "I know (for a fact) that" is different from "I have been told that".

For instance "the K-3 II press release will be published at 08:00 Oslo time" is different from "I have been told that the K-3 II press release should be published at 08:00 Oslo time", in particular when said press release is actually published at 00:00: in the first case, your credibility is harmed, in the second it's that of your sources.

People here trust you; you might consider not disappointing them in endorsing as your personal knowledge statements you have heard other persons make, persons who might not be as reliable or sincere as yourself.
Who was disappointed the press release occurred 8 hours earlier? I was pleased that it did come earlier. This is news about camera equipment.. this isn't news about life or health saving medicines or techniques where the need to know is crucial and life changing. If you're on the forums posting frequently, you're likely an enthusiast looking to be entertained about camera news anyways. Why stress the guy that has been so gracious in providing news to you? Biting the hand that feeds you.

It appears it is easy to become so demanding of things that are provided as a service that this service decides the hassle in sharing what they know outweighs sharing the information they have. At which point we'll be back to massive threads arguing popup flashes or gps. blah!

04-25-2015, 09:25 AM   #294
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,455
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
semantics, does he needs to be a laywer as well?
Having had an undergraduate English Language major* (and having spent a career in a regulated industry) I can state unequivocally the value of the 'subjunctive conditional' form of expression.

I can also state American English is impossibly complex and vexing as a second language.




* presenting, I am aware, an opportunity to criticize my very sentence structure - I have forgotten over time more than I have learned.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-25-2015 at 09:37 AM.
04-25-2015, 09:42 AM   #295
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,361
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Having had an undergraduate English Language major* (and having spent a career in a regulated industry) I can state unequivocally the value of the 'subjunctive conditional' form of expression.

I can also state American English is impossibly complex and vexing as a second language.




* presenting, I am aware, an opportunity to criticize my very sentence structure - I have forgotten over time more than I have learned.
If you hadn't said this I wouldn't have
04-25-2015, 09:58 AM - 1 Like   #296
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,455
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
If you hadn't said this I wouldn't have
Had you not I shall have said it.

Last edited by monochrome; 04-25-2015 at 10:07 AM.
04-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #297
Pentaxian
Franc's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hoevelaken
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
thank God i studied British English only for a year
04-25-2015, 10:18 AM - 4 Likes   #298
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hampshire UK
Posts: 280
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Ok, then from now on, i will stop telling anything i've been told, from any source. And only stick to things i see/test/use/feel. No problem
No, just mark your information with "Not for the attention of x, y and z" i.e. those who do not appreciate it. Many of us do; thanks!
04-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #299
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,705
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Given the engineering and space constraints of the existing K-7 / K-5 / K-3 body, the trade off is between Pixel Shift / Astrotracer and GPS in the prism (which adds to the utility of Pixel Shift in many if not most of its applications and provides opportunity to use GPS with an external flash) versus Pixel Shift, O-GPS1 / Astrotracer and OBF - but no flash with O-GPS1, external or onboard.
For the GPS I don't get why it need to take the space of that flash. There are GPS in very small phones or sport watches. And even this is not the GPS that take most of the place but more the screen, processor etc. This can be really tiny. They could have made the bump of the pentaprism a bit bigger too if really necessary.

I think the removal of the flash was either because they rushed it or because they wanted to try to see how the reaction of the market would be to remove flash support.

As a side note, with wifi you have access to phone geolocalization so you could have geotag and astro tracer support through a device the photographer is likely to already have. They could have bundled it with a star map, stars descriptions and so own.
04-25-2015, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #300
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,984
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Ok, then from now on, i will stop telling anything i've been told, from any source. And only stick to things i see/test/use/feel. No problem

And about the release time, i was told specific that that time was the earliest anyone could release anything. This came from Ricoh them self, so who i am to question that? Why they decide to release it earlier in the States, is something i can not answer. But since this is the way you feel, and others I'm sure, i will not say anything about when, when it comes to the other releases this year..or next year for that matter I am maybe a bit too enthusiastic and excited. But will adjust in the future.
Ignore the other guys. I am interested in what you have to say. If you're not 100% right, that is OK .... I am mislead by others on a regular basis, and I cope.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, af-c, camera, canon, d-fa, diglloyd, f2.8, features, ff, flash, gps, hardware, ii, iso, k-3, module, nikon, pentax, pentax k-3 ii, pentax news, pentax rumors, price, sample shots, sensor, shot, technology, time, utility
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax K-S2 Officially Announced Adam Pentax K-S1 & K-S2 12 05-23-2015 06:49 AM
Pentax K-3 Officially Announced (See our detailed preview here!) Adam Pentax News and Rumors 213 11-18-2014 01:46 AM
Pentax K-500, K-50, and Q7 cameras officially announced! Adam Pentax News and Rumors 346 07-08-2013 01:10 PM
Pentax K-5 II and K-5 IIs OFFICIALLY Announced Adam Pentax K-5 9 09-11-2012 08:43 AM
Pentax K-5 Officially Announced Adam Pentax News and Rumors 533 03-06-2012 05:45 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top