Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 227 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #151
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
There are claims the K-3 and A6000 share the same sensor so how does the A6000 achieve 11 FPS while the K-3 8.3 FPS if the sensor readout is the limiting step on the K-3?
Those sensors are definitely different: the IMX210 (A6000) vs the IMX193 (K-3).

04-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #152
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
Trust me, they really help with photography. 60 years ago, there was no such thing as liveview but this has helped me so much. 60 years ago there was no such thing as digital post processing (and if what i learned in my film photography classes was any sign it was pretty limited by today's standards) but these things have changed the face of photography forever. 60 years ago if you want to get shot that was taller than you, you would probably have to get something to stand on or something, but articulating touch screens help you to get shots from much higher vantage points. I often hear that pentax's marketing is to blame for their brand being a niche one, but i doubt that this is the case. We live in the age of social media and the information age and all the big names are making it easier to get yourself out there via social media channels. Video is huge today. It provides a powerful platform to communicate ideas. There is a reason why Youtube has billions of hits every month. The consumer market for video has really grown in the last two years, yet pentax doesn't seem to be all that concerned with video.

Is an aa simulator a photography "basic"? What about blinking lights? Point is that they are cherry picking what constitutes remain "true" to photography and the result is something that neither feels up to date or like the nod to their illustrious past. Thats why i ultimately chose to step away from pentax.
You need to buy a Sony.
04-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #153
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
You need to buy a Sony.
and a car.
04-23-2015, 02:25 PM - 5 Likes   #154
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by neostyles Quote
Trust me, they really help with photography. 60 years ago, there was no such thing as liveview but this has helped me so much. 60 years ago there was no such thing as digital post processing (and if what i learned in my film photography classes was any sign it was pretty limited by today's standards) but these things have changed the face of photography forever. 60 years ago if you want to get shot that was taller than you, you would probably have to get something to stand on or something, but articulating touch screens help you to get shots from much higher vantage points. I often hear that pentax's marketing is to blame for their brand being a niche one, but i doubt that this is the case. We live in the age of social media and the information age and all the big names are making it easier to get yourself out there via social media channels. Video is huge today. It provides a powerful platform to communicate ideas. There is a reason why Youtube has billions of hits every month. The consumer market for video has really grown in the last two years, yet pentax doesn't seem to be all that concerned with video.

Is an aa simulator a photography "basic"? What about blinking lights? Point is that they are cherry picking what constitutes remain "true" to photography and the result is something that neither feels up to date or like the nod to their illustrious past. Thats why i ultimately chose to step away from pentax.
Interesting.

We've seen the photos you take and honestly, it isn't the camera holding you back. When you get your Samsung NX or, when that doesn't work out, when you get a Sony A7r, I'm afraid you will still be where you are at right now. Photography is really a lot more than the sum of the specs. Frame rates and menu systems and even fun little filters that camera companies choose to throw under the hood don't tell you what kind of results you are going to get...

(taken with a crappy, cheap K-01 camera and DA 15 lens).

Last edited by Rondec; 04-23-2015 at 03:29 PM.
04-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #155
Banned

Trustfull Pentax just does it again....

So looking at the images that are published, I just have the idea that hiring a photographer again was not in the budget. Why woudl images be part of a company that sells camera's?

For the promotion of the K-3ii they made a nice image. The astrotracker is important, so you just buy a backfrop on shutterstock or who knows where.....

Maybe taking photography serious as a creative hobby or job would give Pentax a new life in this shrinking market. It's not the tech-things that are enhanced in new camera's that realy make the difference and sales of camera's. All camera's are great and good these days.
04-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #156
Veteran Member

What I would like is to be able to use the electronic shutter to eliminate the need for HSS flash
04-23-2015, 03:20 PM - 1 Like   #157

Missed opportunity with the flash/gps space

I think they missed an opportunity with the space used for the flash/gps. They should have made it into a slot with a slide off module. Then everyone can put what they want in that space:

1. Flash module (doesn't have to pop up, but be stronger and fixed and work as a controller)

2. GPS module

3. Wi-Fi module

4. Combination modules (that have more than one feature).

5. Auxiliary battery module.

6. Radio module as flash trigger.

Think of the possibilities for accessories, Pentax could make a fortune!

04-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #158
Veteran Member

Probably too hard to do while keeping the K3 chassis but can be a good idea.
04-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #159
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
Probably too hard to do while keeping the K3 chassis but can be a good idea.
Not possible. Was plans to include more, but it didn't.
04-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #160
Pentaxian

Three motor shutter? Mirror, curtains and aperture. Is the K3 the same? I remember two motors.
04-23-2015, 05:34 PM   #161
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Three motors have been used in the drive system since the K-7. The system was redesigned in the K-3 for faster operation.

—DragonLord
04-23-2015, 05:44 PM   #162
Pentaxian

@ Rondec: Yes cheap camera but a great shot.

I hope this camera will be one of the best high ISO low light shots.
04-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #163
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
To understand the move, you have to understand their niche.. outdoorsy landscape shooters. In this viewpoint, a GPS is more useful than a popup flash.
This! The add on module is pricey and takes out the hot shoe in the process.
04-23-2015, 07:32 PM   #164
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Can someone open a petition/thread so we may ask Ricoh to give us, K3 owners some of the K3ii features (pixel-shift, improved AF-C etc) via firmware update??
04-23-2015, 07:35 PM   #165

They're not in business to be an also ran, they've said this plenty of times. They have to be unique and create new features not offered elsewhere. They are certainly doing this! 24mp superpixel resolution foreground, astrotraced deep sky background shots anybody?