Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 227 Likes Search this Thread
06-10-2015, 11:08 PM   #886
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
It tracks better in bad/dark light. More accurate. Yesterday at latest, at Marilyn Manson..Much smoke, bad lightning. Worked well..better then i could with K-3..So I'm shure its better in good light too
Hi Kenspo, Can you post some unedited pics? Thanks

06-15-2015, 04:38 PM - 2 Likes   #887
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally got mine!

I just received my K-3 II today directly from the Pentax Web Store... Even though I paid MSRP for the camera from the website, I did get two bonuses, one of which was unexpected. First, the known bonus is a Pentax branded sling bag which is actually pretty good quality... The second and unexpected bonus is a Pentax FLU Pro 16gb wireless SD card.... So all in all, paying full price for the camera wasn't such a bad deal after all...
Attached Images

Last edited by AlexM; 06-15-2015 at 04:45 PM.
06-15-2015, 04:49 PM   #888
Pentaxian

Wow nice bag to go with your camera.
06-18-2015, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #889

QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
Had it for few days - already being put to good use
Has Sigma got some seals?

06-18-2015, 05:10 PM   #890

06-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #891
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
None at all

QuoteOriginally posted by x4rd Quote
:P
06-18-2015, 11:26 PM - 1 Like   #892

QuoteOriginally posted by x4rd Quote
Sigma states that while their Art lenses do not have traditional rubber gaskets, their construction "inherently protects against ingress of both dust and moisture" due to such tight tolerances." Or something like that, I forget. Only their "Sport" series lenses have actual weather sealing gaskets.

In other words, this ain't your grandma's third party lens, it can take a little bit of rain.

I've shot in plenty of rain with my older Sigma EX lenses, and they've held up. No fungus or haze, even after nearly a decade of heavy use in all kinds of weather.

That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy seeing Pentax compete with a lens like the Sigma 18-35 1.8 Art, that's for sure. But first, a competitor to the Tokina 11-16 or 11-20; since Tokina lenses are even less sealed lol...

06-19-2015, 11:26 AM - 2 Likes   #893
Forum Member

Some pictures with the k3 II

Last edited by colodion; 02-21-2017 at 01:40 AM.
06-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #894
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those are nice clean shots. Thanks for posting them.
06-19-2015, 07:28 PM   #895
Pentaxian

Those are nice shots. Can you post some unedited low light high ISO shots? It would be mice to know how this camera handles noise.
06-20-2015, 05:18 AM   #896
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Practical image samples showing the sensor technology:
Pentax K-3 II DSLR Sample Photos
06-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #897
Veteran Member

I had my first wedding gig today and I'm so ecstatic!

Weddings are what I do the most, so I can relate much better to this than a random shot in my neighborhood etc - I also don't see ppl in pure white that often on an average day - and with a super bright sun to top things of, as we happened to have today.

I shoot in manual and it's quiet normal I get first initial shots either over or underexposed, for instance when I move from the sunny to shadow side, outdoor to indoor etc.

Today was no exception, but the increased dynamic range in K-3 II and the 14 bit RAW files means I can save many of these shots. I had one particular shot where we were setting up for a couple shot in front of a castle, and it's so bright that I thought no way - but gave it a try anyways. Except for portion of the sky turning gray (can be saved in PS), and clouds being burned out, the rest looks like a proper expose with no false colors etc.

I started with K-x and then K-30 - so the difference in dynamic range and 14 bit RAW is pure joy to me. I am so loving this!
06-20-2015, 06:51 PM   #898
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by colodion Quote
Some pictures with the k3 II
NIce & sharp can you anything about the AF-C tracking? Thanks
06-21-2015, 03:02 AM   #899
Veteran Member

It is interresting to read the 150-450 review with K3, K3-II and K-S2: HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 Review - Focusing | PentaxForums.com Reviews

QuoteQuote:
Although on paper, the Pentax K-3 II promises to bring undisclosed improvements to AF-C performance, we did not observe any evidence of faster focusing, lower latency, or quicker target re-acquisition with the K-3 II.
QuoteQuote:
An interesting finding, as evidenced above, is that the Nikon lens moved considerably faster in one direction than when backtracking. This implementation has the potential to increase AF speed without compromising accuracy in critical situations. Overall, the Pentax motor runs at a slower maximum speed but in typical scenarios, this will only slow real-world performance by around 0.1s— a negligible amount. To put things in perspective, we measured a 0.3s latency between the pressing of the AF button and activation of the 150-450mm's motor. We suspect that this latency can be attributed to the camera as a similar delay occurs when the lens reaches one end of the focusing range, prior to backtracking. *We performed one other test: having the lens focus on a target approximately 9m away in daylight. The Pentax lens took 1.2s total to confirm focus, though 0.8s of this time was spent solely on micro-adjustments. The Nikon lens focused in 0.3s total.
In a nutshell, the Pentax setup gets the job done relatively well and the lens focuses quickly, but it requires the photographer to understand the nature and quirks of the system and intervene as needed. There's certainly a learning curve involved. We look forward to higher-performance Pentax AF implementations in future cameras, as the 150-450mm lens itself has everything needed for cutting-edge focusing capabilities.
QuoteQuote:
We award the lens itself a 9 for autofocus as it has everything needed for professional-grade speeds and is held back only by the capabilities of existing camera bodies (which reduce practical performance for action photography to a 6 or 7, in our opinion). Our value rating of 7 considers the 150-450mm's price against its performance and the capabilities of competing systems.
My understanding by reading all that is the AF improvements in K3-II are negligible compared to the performance of K3 and that there still room for improvement compared to Canikon. A thing to remember for somebody that want to invest that much in telephotos lenses.

It will quite interresting to follow the performance of AF for the upcomming FF and the next APSC flagship. Hopefully at that point Pentax would have managed to close the gap.
06-21-2015, 03:48 AM   #900
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
there still room for improvement compared to Canikon.
Noting, of course, that the Nikon element of the testing involved a D810. (!)